Real Life Superheroes - The Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Real Life Superheroes - The Forum

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Chemical Superpowers

Go down 
+22
Gauge
Polarman
Atavistik
the crimson fist
Rook
adamm[]
E0N (Inactive)
Black Reaper
Arpenteur
Legacy
arrowdynamic
Silent Defender
Gadgetastic!
DarkShadow
Leviathan
Superman
Blue Rattler
Knight-Hood
Stephen Hannaway
Urban Avenger
Zombie
Archimedes
26 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Stephen Hannaway

Stephen Hannaway

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support
  • Non-RLSH

Chemical Superpowers - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chemical Superpowers   Chemical Superpowers - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Mon Oct 08, 2012 2:16 pm

Gadgets. Gadgets make EVERYTHING better
Back to top Go down
Legacy

Legacy

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support

PostSubject: Re: Chemical Superpowers   Chemical Superpowers - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Mon Oct 08, 2012 5:48 pm

i personally dont believe in taking anything synthetic to enhance my abilities. I already have an above average metabolism which helps me heal faster than average. My hearing and eyesight are also above average, now i am working on making my reflexes above average. I eat healthy, balanced meals everyday. and avoid drugs at all costs, and rarely drink alcohol.

the so-called "super powers" attained in comics are permanent, yet fictional. even with proper knowledge, one can easily overdo any of these synthetic compounds, which will lead to overdose and possible death.

why not just train harder, use weights to train your strength and to run faster/jump higher or farther
Back to top Go down
Arpenteur

Arpenteur

Category :
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support

PostSubject: Re: Chemical Superpowers   Chemical Superpowers - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Mon Oct 08, 2012 6:52 pm

The Magician wrote:

You. Are. The. One.

Technologic !
Back to top Go down
DarkShadow

DarkShadow

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Hero Support

PostSubject: Re: Chemical Superpowers   Chemical Superpowers - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:07 pm

The Magician wrote:

This. Definitely this. cheers

DarkShadow out
Back to top Go down
Archimedes

Archimedes

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Hero Support
  • Non-RLSH

PostSubject: Re: Chemical Superpowers   Chemical Superpowers - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Tue Oct 09, 2012 4:12 pm

Well, I got the "okay" on using nontoxic dietary supplements by my psychiatrist.
I assume he is expert enough?
Back to top Go down
Stephen Hannaway

Stephen Hannaway

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support
  • Non-RLSH

PostSubject: Re: Chemical Superpowers   Chemical Superpowers - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Tue Oct 09, 2012 5:12 pm

Not if you're a scientologist no... kidding.

Hey mate its your body, and if it all works out, then might give it a whirl myself Smile

wont catch me judging you
Back to top Go down
Black Reaper

Black Reaper

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Chemical Superpowers   Chemical Superpowers - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Tue Oct 09, 2012 5:24 pm

I wouldn't take that chance of killing myself lol
Back to top Go down
Archimedes

Archimedes

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Hero Support
  • Non-RLSH

PostSubject: Re: Chemical Superpowers   Chemical Superpowers - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Tue Oct 09, 2012 6:18 pm

All medication are enhancement drugs.
I'm on pills that are keeping me from becoming an emotional and psychotic wreck, and I think we all can agree that the way I am now is "enhanced" over the way I was?
Well if we do not reach our potential, then are we all not sick? I prefer to think of it that way, this isn't an enhancement; it is a way for me to become healthier because I am sick right now.
Back to top Go down
E0N (Inactive)

E0N (Inactive)

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Chemical Superpowers   Chemical Superpowers - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Wed Oct 10, 2012 10:29 am

Regarding the original question -- Yes. Routinely.

But it's not like just take a supplement and then forget about it -- you're suddenly smart or strong or whatever.

And it's also not a yes or no thing. You should do research and use reasonable judgment.
Back to top Go down
E0N (Inactive)

E0N (Inactive)

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Chemical Superpowers   Chemical Superpowers - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Wed Oct 10, 2012 10:35 am

Regarding Phenylpiracetam, it doesn't appear to be available very easily. At least not to make it worth the effort of seeking it out instead of Piracetam, which is easily available.
Back to top Go down
Archimedes

Archimedes

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Hero Support
  • Non-RLSH

PostSubject: Re: Chemical Superpowers   Chemical Superpowers - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Wed Oct 10, 2012 11:27 am

on amazon you can buy a month's supply of phenylpiracetam for $41, under the brand name Deniurge
Also, how is the piracetam working for oyu? I have a friend on pramiracetam and I will start aniracetam soon.
Back to top Go down
E0N (Inactive)

E0N (Inactive)

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Chemical Superpowers   Chemical Superpowers - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Wed Oct 10, 2012 12:01 pm

I need to order some more, actually. It was going fine, but I ran out.
Back to top Go down
E0N (Inactive)

E0N (Inactive)

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Chemical Superpowers   Chemical Superpowers - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Wed Oct 10, 2012 12:05 pm

Ah.

60 capsules of 50mg each. http://www.amazon.com/Demiurge-potent-new-mental-stimulant/dp/B008R51SM4/ref=sr_1_sc_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1349888504&sr=8-1-spell&keywords=Deniurge

I'll think about it. Regular Piracetam is cheaper, but with the need to "mega-dose" it might sorta even out.
Back to top Go down
Archimedes

Archimedes

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Hero Support
  • Non-RLSH

PostSubject: Re: Chemical Superpowers   Chemical Superpowers - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Wed Oct 10, 2012 12:19 pm

The Demiurge willalso have effects on the rest of your body, resistence to cold, increase in stamina (why it is banned by the world foping agency) increased metabolism (primarily glucose) and ergogenic effects all work to make you better. I am thinking of using it with aniracetam to make a homemade "NZT" (from Limitless)
Back to top Go down
adamm[]

adamm[]

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support
  • Non-RLSH

PostSubject: Re: Chemical Superpowers   Chemical Superpowers - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Wed Oct 10, 2012 2:28 pm

Legacy wrote:
i personally dont believe in taking anything synthetic to enhance my abilities. I already have an above average metabolism which helps me heal faster than average. My hearing and eyesight are also above average, now i am working on making my reflexes above average. I eat healthy, balanced meals everyday. and avoid drugs at all costs, and rarely drink alcohol.

the so-called "super powers" attained in comics are permanent, yet fictional. even with proper knowledge, one can easily overdo any of these synthetic compounds, which will lead to overdose and possible death.

why not just train harder, use weights to train your strength and to run faster/jump higher or farther

i was gonna say something along these lines so instead of making my own paragraph ill just quote this guy.

people build tolerances to everything. reason being is because your body already releases these chemicals, so the more you do anything the more your body adapts to it. If you do take drugs there is probablly going to be a chance that your tolerance will become much lower when not taking these drugs and you will find yourself addicted to what ever your taking just to keep on a normal level.

Another element in overcoming anything is concentration/focus/meditation. So if you can out focus the cold or pain, you dont need drugs, and the more you can overcome your obstacle the easier it becomes for you to do, just like anything else.

in conclusion, dont do drugs, any kind of drug.
Back to top Go down
Archimedes

Archimedes

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Hero Support
  • Non-RLSH

PostSubject: Re: Chemical Superpowers   Chemical Superpowers - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Wed Oct 10, 2012 3:04 pm

"Don't do drugs, any kind of drug." is not good advice to a paranoid schizophrenic.
Back to top Go down
Superman

Superman

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support

PostSubject: Re: Chemical Superpowers   Chemical Superpowers - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Wed Oct 10, 2012 6:37 pm

White Owl wrote:
"Don't do drugs, any kind of drug." is not good advice to a paranoid schizophrenic.

Owl,

Even a paranoid schizophrenic shouldknow there is a diffrence between taking physician perscribed medication and assorted recreational crap ofdubious purity in an expectation of unrealistic results. At least a smart 1would. Paranoid schizophrenic doesn't haveto mean stupid too.

Superman
Back to top Go down
Archimedes

Archimedes

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Hero Support
  • Non-RLSH

PostSubject: Re: Chemical Superpowers   Chemical Superpowers - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Wed Oct 10, 2012 6:49 pm

My psychiatrist gave me the okay on using a non toxic dietary supplement, and I know there is an effect because I have someone that is using one of the brands from the company I plan on buying from.
Back to top Go down
Archimedes

Archimedes

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Hero Support
  • Non-RLSH

PostSubject: Re: Chemical Superpowers   Chemical Superpowers - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Wed Oct 10, 2012 6:53 pm

adamm[] wrote:

Another element in overcoming anything is concentration/focus/meditation. So if you can out focus the cold or pain, you dont need drugs, and the more you can overcome your obstacle the easier it becomes for you to do, just like anything else.

I do these, I meditate, I work out, I train, and I plan on making sure to be not just all that I can be, but more than that.
Back to top Go down
Rook

Rook

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Chemical Superpowers   Chemical Superpowers - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Thu Oct 11, 2012 1:09 am

I've expressed my concerns, as someone with a PhD focusing on behavioral neuroscience, worked in the R&D section of a major pharmaceutical company and has won national awards for my research on certain receptor subtypes. I have subsequently worked the lecture circuit with regard to aspects of psychopharmacology before I decided to respecialize in clinical psychology.

There is no such thing as a drug with no side effects. One must carefully weigh the risks and benefits. Right now, the research on your drug of choice is so sparse and poorly done that the risk is unknown.

Over the past many years, psychiatrists, the supposed experts of the psychopharmacologic field recommended "safe" compounds with no side effects.

These have included PCP, Methamphetamine, and Cocaine.

I'll wait until we have better data.

-Rook
Back to top Go down
Archimedes

Archimedes

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Hero Support
  • Non-RLSH

PostSubject: Re: Chemical Superpowers   Chemical Superpowers - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Thu Oct 11, 2012 7:40 am

I am aware of the side effects associates with what I am wanting to take, and I am also aware of how to mitigate them. Although this is all in theory, there may be no side effects, it may interact with my antipsychotics, if it does anything to make me less able to do what I want to do; I will stop it immedietly and work to get it out of my system (it is fat soluable so I will work hard). But as a slightly modified amino acid, it would seem like it would not be too dangerous. As someone only studying to be a behavioral neuroscientist, I would enjoy a mentor like you in both science and as a rlsh.
Back to top Go down
Gadgetastic!

Category :
  • Hero Support
  • Non-RLSH

PostSubject: Re: Chemical Superpowers   Chemical Superpowers - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sat Oct 13, 2012 6:45 pm

Be very, very careful of anything that affects blood sugar levels. i'd recommend purchasing a meter and test strips. A cheap one at Walmart will cost you $20. You'll also need a lancet device, lancets, and test strips. All said you'll spend around forty dollars, but it is money well spent. Test your blood two or three times per day on as regular a schedule as possible. Glucose levels affects systems major and minor and, if too high or too low can result in serious problems.
Back to top Go down
Archimedes

Archimedes

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Hero Support
  • Non-RLSH

PostSubject: Re: Chemical Superpowers   Chemical Superpowers - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sat Oct 13, 2012 7:17 pm

My blood glucose was slightly high last time I went to the doctor (103, the average is 100) so I have exercised more and drank more Green Tea, these will only affect glucose levels by increasing metabolism of them, and I am sure I can manage (grew up with too much insulin and was hypoglycemic after even missing one meal)
Back to top Go down
Rook

Rook

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Chemical Superpowers   Chemical Superpowers - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sat Oct 13, 2012 10:30 pm

White Owl wrote:
As someone only studying to be a behavioral neuroscientist, I would enjoy a mentor like you in both science and as a rlsh.

Bear in mind that I left bench science in 1999, so the culture of the field may have changed dramatically since I left. I certainly hope so, as it was one of the reasons that I left. I do still teach an introduction to Neuroscience class at the graduate level as well as a psychopharmacology class, so I take that as an opportunity to keep the saw sharp. What are you doing now in an effort to study behavioral neuroscience? Are you currently in an academic program? I can best advise if I'm aware of your starting points.

-Rook
Back to top Go down
Archimedes

Archimedes

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Hero Support
  • Non-RLSH

PostSubject: Re: Chemical Superpowers   Chemical Superpowers - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sat Oct 13, 2012 10:34 pm

I am enrolled in a university, and since I am only a freshman I have to take an intro to psychology this semester, before I take two other classes next semester. After that I can go into Behavioral psychology.
I talk to my psychiatrist a lot about the brain, and that is my strongest topic in my intro to psychology class along with disorders.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Chemical Superpowers   Chemical Superpowers - Page 2 Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Chemical Superpowers
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next