Real Life Superheroes - The Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Real Life Superheroes - The Forum

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Chemical Superpowers

Go down 
+22
Gauge
Polarman
Atavistik
the crimson fist
Rook
adamm[]
E0N (Inactive)
Black Reaper
Arpenteur
Legacy
arrowdynamic
Silent Defender
Gadgetastic!
DarkShadow
Leviathan
Superman
Blue Rattler
Knight-Hood
Stephen Hannaway
Urban Avenger
Zombie
Archimedes
26 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
Superman

Superman

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support

Chemical Superpowers - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chemical Superpowers   Chemical Superpowers - Page 4 Icon_minitime1Fri Dec 06, 2013 11:57 am

I suggest you view this post https://skydrive.live.com/view.aspx?resid=167CE7E78BC60C28!493&app=Word&wdo=2&authkey=!AB-1RKJTJSsEIfo and others on the Unreality Lab Board http://forum.unrealitylab.dtdns.net/ that pertain to the subject being discussed here. Everything discussed so far can and has been done for a relatively cheap price. If some of the folks in here pool their talents we can do itas well.

Superman
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chemical Superpowers   Chemical Superpowers - Page 4 Icon_minitime1Sat Dec 07, 2013 8:38 pm

I am all for better living via chemicals and technology, but I have a bit of an obssesive need for power and control. There is severely little that I won't do if it gives me an edge over others. Therapist says....well, vaguely implied, that i may need to work on it. I think shes wrong, i like power. The more you can do the better. .
Back to top Go down
Anyman

Anyman

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support
  • Non-RLSH

PostSubject: Re: Chemical Superpowers   Chemical Superpowers - Page 4 Icon_minitime1Sat Dec 07, 2013 10:23 pm

The question is, does the person relying on chemicals or technology have control over their need? Can they really put down the pill, or beaker, or bionic exoskeleton, anytime they want? It would be great to have more power behind either your punch, or your philosophy, but what happens when you need that source of power to get the job done? What happens when you can't get your hands on any more supplies of the drug, or your machine breaks down? Can you still get the job done without them?

Medical and technological advancements are great, but there are times when they can become more of a crutch than they were ever meant to be. The biggest threat to crime is the one nobody ever sees coming.
Back to top Go down
blueguardian

blueguardian

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support

PostSubject: Re: Chemical Superpowers   Chemical Superpowers - Page 4 Icon_minitime1Sun Dec 08, 2013 6:18 am

I'm way to wary of drugs to ever over dose something to get an effect. I don't even take pain killers or cold medicine. The last pill I took was a sea sickness pill two years ago. xD
And I obviously wouldn't get anything illegally. But.. If Tony Stark offered me super strength and/or regenerative abilities I would take it in an instant. I would love Deadpool, Wolverine, and Deathstroke's regen powers the most! I feel like that would be the most useful considering super strength wouldn't help to much while crime fighting.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chemical Superpowers   Chemical Superpowers - Page 4 Icon_minitime1Sun Dec 08, 2013 4:04 pm

That is a very, very good point, and reminded me of something I forgot to add. One should not use drugs for solely for and activity, one should use drugs as a tool to train. Supplements are fine, such as modafinil throughout the day; but that is so that I can study faster and undertsnad the material more efficiently and connect neurons in my brain at a faster rate; the drug is helping me learn; but the knowledge from what i learn is the tools that I use in my endeavors; the drugs are just supplements to get there faster; don't rely on drugs for anything. When the country colllapses medicine and technology will be more difficult to come by.
Back to top Go down
blueguardian

blueguardian

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support

PostSubject: Re: Chemical Superpowers   Chemical Superpowers - Page 4 Icon_minitime1Sun Dec 08, 2013 11:55 pm

I guess I could say I do "take" Coffee and/or energy drinks to enhance performance. That does kind of count. I could see taking caffeine pills, adrenaline, or testosterone. But I would only take any of that in an emergency situation, especially zombies, but never patrolling.
Back to top Go down
Anyman

Anyman

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support
  • Non-RLSH

PostSubject: Re: Chemical Superpowers   Chemical Superpowers - Page 4 Icon_minitime1Mon Dec 09, 2013 2:22 am

There's a woman, who lives in a village in New York. She had a horrible childhood, and as one of many results, she can't sleep unless she crashes completely. She's used to taking in massive amounts of sugar and caffeine, and staying up a week at a time; in the past, she could stay up even longer, but certain events have conspired to make that no longer possible for her. In her case, it was a coping mechanism: her childhood was so abysmal, she had to push herself to the point of a near-comatose state of exhaustion, before her mind could justify her body getting the sleep she so desperately needed. On the plus side, that and these other events that changed in her life gave her a genius-level I.Q.; on the minus side, the lack of sleep was disastrous for her mental and physical health. If she ever communicates again, she may have better news to share...
Back to top Go down
Cornelius Brunner

Cornelius Brunner

Category :
  • Non-RLSH

PostSubject: Re: Chemical Superpowers   Chemical Superpowers - Page 4 Icon_minitime1Fri Aug 28, 2015 12:03 pm

If you're interested in slightly less self-destructive forms of biohacking, I'll pimp Tim Ferriss' "The 4-Hour Body: An Uncommon Guide to Rapid Fat-Loss, Incredible Sex, and Becoming Superhuman".
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Chemical Superpowers   Chemical Superpowers - Page 4 Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Chemical Superpowers
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4