Real Life Superheroes - The Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Real Life Superheroes - The Forum

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Active Shooter Scenario Strategies

Go down 
+4
Amphiptere
Leviathan
El Zorzal
Rook
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Rook

Rook

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

Active Shooter Scenario Strategies Empty
PostSubject: Active Shooter Scenario Strategies   Active Shooter Scenario Strategies Icon_minitime1Wed Dec 19, 2012 12:36 pm

I just received this link on another list and was wondering what you folks would think. It's an alternative to the more passive "hide and wait" approach.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r2tIeRUbRHw

-Rook
Back to top Go down
El Zorzal

Category :
  • Non-RLSH

PostSubject: Re: Active Shooter Scenario Strategies   Active Shooter Scenario Strategies Icon_minitime1Wed Dec 19, 2012 3:29 pm

I think i ve seen this topic back when that "Joker" guy killed people during Dark Knight Rises. People argued about the rights of carrying guns, the ability to shoot in the middle of a dark place full of scared people, and so on. I think we wont be prepared for any of that if we dont train like a SWAT team , and if we are colorful and heroic enough we might be on the list of some nutjob victims...
Back to top Go down
Leviathan

Leviathan

Category :
  • Crime Fighter

PostSubject: Re: Active Shooter Scenario Strategies   Active Shooter Scenario Strategies Icon_minitime1Fri Dec 21, 2012 6:55 pm

Colorful good guy gets you targeted by the bad guys.
Dark good guy gets you targeted by the good guys.
Hide and wait gets you targeted by the first one that you spook coming out of your hiding spot.
Back to top Go down
Amphiptere

Amphiptere

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support

PostSubject: Re: Active Shooter Scenario Strategies   Active Shooter Scenario Strategies Icon_minitime1Tue Dec 25, 2012 10:32 pm

I'd rather be in that first situation Leviathan... to bad my style is more "Dark good guy" Laughing
Back to top Go down
Amphiptere

Amphiptere

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support

PostSubject: Re: Active Shooter Scenario Strategies   Active Shooter Scenario Strategies Icon_minitime1Tue Dec 25, 2012 10:33 pm

*too not to. Ugh I hate not being able to edit my comments.
Back to top Go down
Superhero

Superhero

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Active Shooter Scenario Strategies   Active Shooter Scenario Strategies Icon_minitime1Sat May 04, 2013 10:56 pm

Draw and return fire, if you have the presence of mind to follow hide & wait til he passes you and put one in his skull at point blank even better, I don't know if I would be able to be that patient in that kind if a scenario.
Back to top Go down
Equal

Equal

PostSubject: Re: Active Shooter Scenario Strategies   Active Shooter Scenario Strategies Icon_minitime1Sun May 05, 2013 4:52 pm

Take cover and call Chuck Norris
Back to top Go down
E0N (Inactive)

E0N (Inactive)

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Active Shooter Scenario Strategies   Active Shooter Scenario Strategies Icon_minitime1Mon May 06, 2013 1:42 pm

There are a lot of these videos up lately. This one isn't bad.

I kinda like this one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YUmxvUVJaJg
But I don't think any of them have all the answers.
Back to top Go down
Rook

Rook

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Active Shooter Scenario Strategies   Active Shooter Scenario Strategies Icon_minitime1Mon May 06, 2013 1:55 pm

E0N wrote:

I kinda like this one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YUmxvUVJaJg
But I don't think any of them have all the answers.

True, I really like the primacy that this video puts on escape over confront.

-Rook
Back to top Go down
Gauge

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Non-RLSH

PostSubject: Re: Active Shooter Scenario Strategies   Active Shooter Scenario Strategies Icon_minitime1Mon May 13, 2013 6:16 pm

Anything you can do to educate yourself on what to do in emergency situations has value.

Personally, I never carry firearms on patrol, but I do carry in my regular life. I'm prepared to respond to an active shooter scenario, because I continue to train to take such action. It's a good idea to get training.

I like Superhero's angle, even though the execution of it could be problematic. Much better to end such an ordeal as quickly as possible, even at risk to yourself. I wouldn't go running, gun drawn, to a shooter that is on the other side of the mall, however. I would instead warn the people to evacuate as I make my way there. I would locate the shooter whille calling 9-1-1 with his description. If I see an opening to approach, I'll take it. If I have a shot, he's dead.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Active Shooter Scenario Strategies   Active Shooter Scenario Strategies Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Active Shooter Scenario Strategies
Page 1 of 1