Real Life Superheroes - The Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Real Life Superheroes - The Forum

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

moving

Go down 
+8
Leviathan
E0N (Inactive)
Gauge
Bandit
Rook
Amphiptere
Equal
dark protecter
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
IronDemon

IronDemon

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support

moving - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: moving   moving - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Wed May 15, 2013 10:52 pm

It's not a demand. It's an expectation. When I say I don't react very well, it's me saying. " You come here and start doing stupid shit. i'm going to be mad... " Gauge you obviously don't understand what I am talking about when I ask this. I don't want people coming to Vegas, and trying to pull something. I Know many others wouldn't want me coming to their cities or states doing the same bull crap. It's mutual respect. I get nervous when there's new people who come out here and don't have a full understanding of whats going on out here. I'm currently making a good relationship with the LVPD. As I plan to go into the Police Department once I am done with the Military.

However.... I apologize I came off arrogant. You're right. I re-read and thought about what I said. My alarm went off, and I got nervous, I don't want to deter anyone from coming to Vegas, it's a beautiful City, Dangerous, and yet beautiful all at once. So Far I have had some good dealings with the people around here. I haven't gotten arrested yet and I have been on good terms with the MotorCycle Patrol, as well as a few Neighborhood Patrol officers. I would highly prefer not to have masked peoples coming up dead in alleyways of Vegas. It already happens on occassion with the SuperHero Movement. ( a group of entertainers )
Back to top Go down
Polarman

Polarman

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

moving - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: moving   moving - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Thu May 16, 2013 4:12 am

Anything that is beutiful can be dangerous

Just like a parent protecting a child
Back to top Go down
Gauge

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Non-RLSH

moving - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: moving   moving - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Thu May 16, 2013 7:07 am

When you say "you better get in touch with me before hand" that is not asking.

I do understand your intent, that is to say the spirit of what you are wanting, but simply feel it could have been more appropriately expressed.

Anyhow, I get you didn't mean to come off that way. We've all done it from time to time.
Back to top Go down
dark protecter

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Hero Support

moving - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: moving   moving - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Thu May 16, 2013 8:32 am

i get what iron demon says and i would probs do the same thing to thanks for the warning
Back to top Go down
dark protecter

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Hero Support

moving - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: moving   moving - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Thu May 16, 2013 8:34 am

and please stop fighting
Back to top Go down
dark protecter

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Hero Support

moving - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: moving   moving - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Thu May 16, 2013 8:36 am

oh and gauge thank you for that warning
Back to top Go down
E0N (Inactive)

E0N (Inactive)

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

moving - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: moving   moving - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Thu May 16, 2013 10:31 am

Well, deja vu, anyway.

Iron Demon, when people have made such demands of me in real life I'm afraid my response -- after holding it in for a while -- has expressed itself as cursing them out and demanding that they defend their supposed qualifications etc etc blah blah blah.

All I can think to say that might be productive is that you may want to consider whether you have an unrealistic view of the RLSH community.
Back to top Go down
IronDemon

IronDemon

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support

moving - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: moving   moving - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Thu May 16, 2013 12:26 pm

My view of the RLSH Community is rather big actually. I've gotten the notice that a lot of the members are rather close minded.... I've said a bit myself, but we sit here and talk crap about phoenix jones and other things, make fun of ideas, blow them out of the water before they have a chance to bloom. I came off as an asshole. I can do that sometimes. In this case it wasn't appropriate of me. So I apologized. You want to scream and curse at me go right on ahead, but my qualifications are the wants to actually better this community for the whole of it. not just for the few. Whenever I come across a police officer I talk to them and see what they know and ask them to spread the word to other officers to maybe keep an eye out for me...

I am taking precautions, why? Because I'm working towards awareness of our cause, of our community in my state... I don't want that ruined. knowledge is key... I want to know who, or what is coming into Las Vegas, with the chances they could help me, or even destroy me. I need to be prepared.... if you think that is unrealistic, then this place isn't right for me. I can find another Forum. I'm here to do good. I'm here to support other RLSH... and I am here to bring some much needed unity to the community. The Majority of the RLSH are United States Citizens..... isn't it about time we actually did some uniting?
Back to top Go down
Equal

Equal

moving - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: moving   moving - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Thu May 16, 2013 12:59 pm

You can't control everything. And you shouldn't demand respect.

It's a good way to lose respect and be denied control.

Good luck with your city.
Back to top Go down
IronDemon

IronDemon

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support

moving - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: moving   moving - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Thu May 16, 2013 1:01 pm

I don't ask to control anything. I don't demand respect. I give it freely, and then if it's not reciprocated, and instead I receive disrespect, then be on your guard next time you approach me.
Back to top Go down
E0N (Inactive)

E0N (Inactive)

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

moving - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: moving   moving - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Thu May 16, 2013 1:06 pm

Just my personal opinion, but I think you're mythologizing it.
For me accepting that walking down the street is really just walking down the street was kind of a breakthrough moment. I mean that would seem self-evident, but from what I've seen apparently not.
Back to top Go down
IronDemon

IronDemon

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support

moving - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: moving   moving - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Thu May 16, 2013 1:28 pm

Call it what you will... the fact is it's what we make of it. You have to do stuff in order for things to get done. I talk to the Police. I go to ComicBook Stores and promote, I've been making business cards, I also plan to do church and school sessions to help bring about more awareness. You want to think my ideas and plans are fos, then go ahead. It shows how far you have limited yourself EON. You have to break the boundaries of your comfort zone. You have to put yourself out there. I went from wearing black, to a Camo Jacket with my Mask out. I am in a place where I have the ability to promote things where it's needed. Of Course I need help, but the only way I can get help is by coordinating efforts with others near me or by recruiting people to give me a hand. Everyone starts out some place. You have to persevere through every rough time that comes a long or else you won't see anything come to fruition.

The people on this Forum are amazing people, they have the heart and soul needed to do this kind of work. Eon You're a frigging genius... everyone here has good opinions, but there's too much flak in the way of what everybody really knows what has to be done... we let our own personal feelings get in the way of what we need to do. I'm done with my own personal feelings. I'm open and ready to help anyone who needs it... however I can.
Back to top Go down
E0N (Inactive)

E0N (Inactive)

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

moving - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: moving   moving - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Thu May 16, 2013 1:59 pm

Well, thank you.

There's no need for you to convince me of anything. It's a free country.
Back to top Go down
Equal

Equal

moving - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: moving   moving - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Thu May 16, 2013 2:48 pm

I let my personal feelings tell me what I need to do...
Back to top Go down
Polarman

Polarman

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

moving - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: moving   moving - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Thu May 16, 2013 2:59 pm

I prefer to go on
Gut instinct

And my instinct tells
Me its time to
Put in my
Pie

If I was heading into another
Town or city and I planned
To do patrols while I was
There I would try to find out
If there are any RLSHs and
Try to hook up with them
But if I'm just passing through
With no plans to do a patrol
Chances are I may be there
And gone without any RLSHs
Knowing about it
Then if there is someone
I don't know and gut tells
Me not to trust him
Ill just do my own patrols
Back to top Go down
Gauge

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Non-RLSH

moving - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: moving   moving - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Thu May 16, 2013 3:50 pm

I've been to several cities in the past few years where I knew there were other RLSH, and never felt the urge to "check in" before I went on patrol. These were all cities I had patrolled before hearing of the RLSH and the various members. I would definitely contact Polarman if I finally get up to Iqaluit (tried it awhile back but plans changed).
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

moving - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: moving   moving - Page 2 Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

moving
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Real Life Superheroes - The Forum :: General Information :: Skills-
Jump to: