Real Life Superheroes - The Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Real Life Superheroes - The Forum

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

how to save the world?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
agent0

agent0

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support

how to save the world? Empty
PostSubject: how to save the world?   how to save the world? Icon_minitime1Wed Aug 28, 2013 12:06 pm

Like a Star @ heaven I work with alot of non-profit organizations during the day and wonder how can we change the world as an out of the box movement. I have been researching the RLSH and the problem is there is so many different approaches to crime fighting and humanitarian efforts that the lack of overall cohesion diminishes the power of you a military force only bound by the limits of the imagination. 

You have so much potential not being bound by conventional crime fighting systems. As vigilantes, pathfinders, and visionaries you can create so much. In my own experience I stopped thieves at my local university, help a young person survive an insurrection in Honduras ( a dangerous place in Central America), and won awards for helping my local community promote volunteerism. The question is how to use your abilities most efficiently. Your costume is a weapon in itself.

Stopping world class criminals is not the number one goal but ending world class hunger. I am arguing maybe being the figure head for non-profits and connecting to them more would be just as effective as patrolling the streets.

• What goals do heros have?
  • What goals can influence change in the world?
  • What world problems can be influenced?
  • How many people are needed to make change?
  • What is the best medium or mediums to do this?
Back to top Go down
Gauge

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Non-RLSH

PostSubject: Re: how to save the world?   how to save the world? Icon_minitime1Wed Aug 28, 2013 12:27 pm

Have you ever heard the phrase "Think globally, act locally"?  This is the essence of RLSH.  

We all want to change the world, but as individuals, with daily lives of our own and families to support in many cases, we can only do so much.  Even with all that you have achieved yourself, you must recognize this, or you wouldn't be here asking how we can do more.

In costume, RLSH can inspire others to do good in their communities.  The simple act of helping a homeless person eat for one more night can inspire others to volunteer at soup kitchens, hand out meals themselves, or even contact a homeless relative.  

One homeless man in my city was given a laptop computer, which he used to find a good job.  Another was given access to a phone, and was able to contact his ailing daughter.  He went to live with her, got a job (he has a degree in metallurgy) and was able to spend quality time with her before she died.  Another man, a veteran, was referred to a hospital job in Seattle, where he is still employed three years later. 

Small, local efforts have far reaching effects.  With every action we take, we DO have global repercussions.  While uniting many RLSH is not feasible long term, there are events like HOPE, where larger numbers can join temporarily to do more for more people, but the local efforts of individuals are the crux of RLSH activity.
Back to top Go down
agent0

agent0

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support

PostSubject: Re: how to save the world?   how to save the world? Icon_minitime1Wed Aug 28, 2013 5:41 pm

Doing these things is the right direction but as soldiers of the imagination not bound by limitations I am just asking my brethren to think of ways outside of the box to help. The same creativity used to create the costume is the same imagination that can be used to help others. Inventions or programs that get the weak to become strong not just feeding their bodies but minds and souls. 

You are right I just want to see a RLSH member on TED talks. My goal is to lead with ambition. A few missions I am working on should really help not only make the movement taken more seriously but also more amiable. You guys are amazing and the world should realize that.

I do like the phrase "Think globally, act locally" I do that in my local city in Delaware. I help promote volunteers. Also I have helping the homeless is a good start. We can solve bigger problems with bigger theatrics?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: how to save the world?   how to save the world? Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

how to save the world?
Page 1 of 1