Real Life Superheroes - The Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Real Life Superheroes - The Forum

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Contingency plans/Insurance policies?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Loco

Loco

Category :
  • Non-RLSH

Contingency plans/Insurance policies? Empty
PostSubject: Contingency plans/Insurance policies?   Contingency plans/Insurance policies? Icon_minitime1Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:04 am

The most common name I hear for the majority of these is 'contingency plans', but they are sometimes called 'insurance policies' like in the TV show NCIS (When Sheppard, Gibbs and their dead friend use one...).
These are basically packets of information that can be found by a codeword or symbol, but only by certain people if they know the code and where to look. They are usually used to find a person who has gone missing, or gain clues as to who may have killed someone. They are used a lot in undercover work in federal agencies apparently, but I figure that they could possibly be of some use to any RLSH out there in case they need to go into hiding or something. So I thought I'd bring it up for discussion as a method of preparation for crime fighting... Any comments?
Back to top Go down
Superman

Superman

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support

PostSubject: Re: Contingency plans/Insurance policies?   Contingency plans/Insurance policies? Icon_minitime1Thu Sep 05, 2013 8:00 am

For this sort of thing I have learned the value of what are called Easter Eggs. Hidden files that can be brought up if you know where to look. As an example if you go to [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] and type in easteregg.htm you get [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] which reveals a hidden page you wont see any other way. The pages don’t have to be a regular part of the site or it’s subject matter and can be named whatever you want.

Superman
Back to top Go down
Rook

Rook

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Contingency plans/Insurance policies?   Contingency plans/Insurance policies? Icon_minitime1Thu Sep 05, 2013 9:04 am

Hrmn...I just have will.  It's one place I know that people will look after I'm gone.

Of course, I don't have any urgent information to pass along (no murder evidence or huge conspiracies after me), but it's a convenient place to place information.

-Rook
Back to top Go down
Loco

Loco

Category :
  • Non-RLSH

PostSubject: Re: Contingency plans/Insurance policies?   Contingency plans/Insurance policies? Icon_minitime1Fri Sep 06, 2013 12:51 am

@Superman: Eastereggs are only with computer files, contingancy plans/insurance policies are a broader term. They are pretty much the same thing though...

@Rook: It doesn't nessicarily mean that. An example of how it might be useful would be if the mob found out your identity and trashed your place while you weren't there with the promise of coming back to find and hurt you, because you've been dobbing them in to the cops or something. In that scenario you might have a close friend/family member who would know what to look for in order to find a location where you might be in hiding if you suddenly dropped off the face of the Earth without a trace, so then they could help you out until it blows over or some shit like that. They wouldn't even have to know about your alter ego, just where to look in case you disappeared... And that's only one example of many.
Back to top Go down
Superman

Superman

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support

PostSubject: Re: Contingency plans/Insurance policies?   Contingency plans/Insurance policies? Icon_minitime1Fri Sep 06, 2013 8:57 am

@loco I know its a broader term its just where I place written keys to my other stuff

Superman
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Contingency plans/Insurance policies?   Contingency plans/Insurance policies? Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Contingency plans/Insurance policies?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Real Life Superheroes - The Forum :: General Information :: Training & Preparation-
Jump to: