Real Life Superheroes - The Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Real Life Superheroes - The Forum

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Hello Everyone! I could use some advice

Go down 
+3
Sapphire
Gauge
Professor_K
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Professor_K

Category :
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support
  • Non-RLSH

Hello Everyone! I could use some advice Empty
PostSubject: Hello Everyone! I could use some advice   Hello Everyone! I could use some advice Icon_minitime1Tue Sep 10, 2013 11:50 am

Alright, hello everyone!  I am very new to this whole thing, and I find this community very exciting.  I think its fantastic that their are people out their who want to stand up and do the right thing for their fellow man.  I actually didn't realize how much this community has been growing, and this is amazing!  Alright' so I'll kind of cut to the chase.  I am actually interesting in perhaps doing this, but I don't know the first thing about what I need to do.  I mean I know that training is a must, and I would have a lot of that to do on account that I can't remember the last time I was in shape.  I will admit, that being a college student who will soon be on the path of pursuing a medical degree, that I have the worst sleeping schedule on the planet.  But perhaps that could be a useful skill?  I can't really think of anything else to write, but some advice on what I should do as for a training regiment among other things would be greatly appreciated

-Prof.K
Back to top Go down
Gauge

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Non-RLSH

PostSubject: Re: Hello Everyone! I could use some advice   Hello Everyone! I could use some advice Icon_minitime1Tue Sep 10, 2013 12:13 pm

Training will depend in part on what you plan to do.  If you are a medical student, it seems pretty plain you should play to those strengths, rather than doing straight crime patrols.  But you should be physically fit and have self-defense training enough so you can fight or flee in dangerous situations when needed.

So, what is your chosen mission?
Back to top Go down
Sapphire

Sapphire

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support

PostSubject: Re: Hello Everyone! I could use some advice   Hello Everyone! I could use some advice Icon_minitime1Sat Sep 14, 2013 10:01 pm

Train!!!! That is all
Back to top Go down
Anyman

Anyman

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support
  • Non-RLSH

PostSubject: Re: Hello Everyone! I could use some advice   Hello Everyone! I could use some advice Icon_minitime1Sun Sep 15, 2013 2:31 pm

What do you stand for? What virtue do you represent? How do you plan to use your ideal to make the world a better place? Is there anything hindering your goals, which you can deal with? In short, what makes you who you are as a RLSH, and how do you want the world to eventually see you?

Training is the most important thing you can do. Keep a clear head, and try to learn the core principles of a wide variety of disciplines.

Learn from your own mistakes, but more importantly, learn from the mistakes others have made. It will make you better at what you do.

Don't forget that there are sacrifices to be made. Count the cost, as you are able, and decide if you can handle that.
Back to top Go down
Ninja

Ninja

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support
  • Non-RLSH

PostSubject: Re: Hello Everyone! I could use some advice   Hello Everyone! I could use some advice Icon_minitime1Sun Sep 15, 2013 6:28 pm

As Gauge said, it really does depend on what you wish to do.

Homeless outreach requires far less training than hunting down criminals! 

Perhaps ill add my two cents worth once I have a better idea. 

Welcome aboard Cool 
Back to top Go down
Arrow defender

Arrow defender

Category :
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Hello Everyone! I could use some advice   Hello Everyone! I could use some advice Icon_minitime1Fri Oct 25, 2013 4:10 pm

im in the same boat! im a red neck fat guy who just wants to help people without the credit going to me, and have fun doing it. thats what attracted me to this group. i wish there was like a mentorship program on here with some of the vets.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hello Everyone! I could use some advice   Hello Everyone! I could use some advice Icon_minitime1Fri Oct 25, 2013 4:56 pm

Join up with your Volunteer Fire Department. Aside from putting out burning buildings and occasionally saving the occupants (usually everyone has already gotten out by the time units arrive), they also do a lot of community service activities from working with kids, to organizing parties and other service oriented activities. The number one theme of being a superhero is service to others; there is no higher calling. You needn't risk family or friends nor life or limb. Smile

--John
Back to top Go down
Equal

Equal

PostSubject: Re: Hello Everyone! I could use some advice   Hello Everyone! I could use some advice Icon_minitime1Fri Oct 25, 2013 6:28 pm

Improve the sleep hygiene, get a medical degree bring some low threshold medical consultations to the streets. Is that plan as good as any?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hello Everyone! I could use some advice   Hello Everyone! I could use some advice Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Hello Everyone! I could use some advice
Page 1 of 1