Real Life Superheroes - The Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Real Life Superheroes - The Forum

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Advice for a new guy?

Go down 
+2
Equal
Sapphire
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Sapphire

Sapphire

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support

Advice for a new guy? Empty
PostSubject: Advice for a new guy?   Advice for a new guy? Icon_minitime1Sun Sep 15, 2013 3:06 pm

Might go on another patrol. Anything I should take in my bag of hero-ness?
Back to top Go down
Equal

Equal

PostSubject: Re: Advice for a new guy?   Advice for a new guy? Icon_minitime1Mon Sep 16, 2013 6:29 am

A smile.
Back to top Go down
Polarman

Polarman

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Advice for a new guy?   Advice for a new guy? Icon_minitime1Mon Sep 16, 2013 6:51 am

You know your area better than the rest of us so first few patrols should be to study and find out what is needed in your area Maybe there is garbage in the park that needs to be cleaned up including graffitti and gang tags Maybe there are people who could be hungry Check around playgrounds in case there could be hidden dangers lying around disgarded weapons needles broken glass or traps ment to injure children forks rusted nails sticking up buried in soft sand waiting for little bums or hands and feet to poke or stab if object is rusted it can cause infections if its got poisons for rats or bugs it can poison child or anyone who gets even a scratch by it
Back to top Go down
Rook

Rook

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Advice for a new guy?   Advice for a new guy? Icon_minitime1Mon Sep 16, 2013 1:04 pm

Naturally, I'd say it depends on the mission, but you know that already.  A phone with a decent camera is crucial in my opinion and bring along any supplies that you feel people in need will require.

-Rook
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Advice for a new guy?   Advice for a new guy? Icon_minitime1Wed Nov 06, 2013 3:14 am

I buy gift cards from McDonald's and pass them out to homeless individuals along south cushman from time to time; this guarentees that the money is going towards food if it goes towards anything and they're not buying drugs or alcohol. Just an idea. Smile
Back to top Go down
Equal

Equal

PostSubject: Re: Advice for a new guy?   Advice for a new guy? Icon_minitime1Wed Nov 06, 2013 3:57 am

since when did they serve food on McDonald's?
Back to top Go down
Sapphire

Sapphire

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support

PostSubject: Re: Advice for a new guy?   Advice for a new guy? Icon_minitime1Wed Nov 06, 2013 10:15 am

Equal......I....I dont know what to say to that.....but thanks for the help and advice. I have a little bag that will contain things like 2-5 water bottles, 2-5 snack bags of chips, a rope, small first aid kit anything else i should pack?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Advice for a new guy?   Advice for a new guy? Icon_minitime1Wed Nov 06, 2013 3:13 pm

A cell phone could come in handy.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Advice for a new guy?   Advice for a new guy? Icon_minitime1Wed Nov 06, 2013 3:14 pm

Sapphire can bring a smile, but nobody will be able to tell XD (I just got what you meant by that saph) XD haha. Nice.
Back to top Go down
Equal

Equal

PostSubject: Re: Advice for a new guy?   Advice for a new guy? Icon_minitime1Wed Nov 06, 2013 4:30 pm

Mask or no mask, the smile is mostly about attitude. Meet with the world in a positive manner, and you'll find it a lot friendlier.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Advice for a new guy?   Advice for a new guy? Icon_minitime1Wed Nov 06, 2013 4:52 pm

True that. Smile
Back to top Go down
Sapphire

Sapphire

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support

PostSubject: Re: Advice for a new guy?   Advice for a new guy? Icon_minitime1Fri Nov 08, 2013 10:34 am

what do you guys usually take with you
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Advice for a new guy?   Advice for a new guy? Icon_minitime1Fri Nov 08, 2013 3:14 pm

I don't patrol. Except in a fire engine. We bring binoculars, axes, pumps, hoses, camping gear and water. XD

Most RLSH carry a pepper spray can, a flashlight, and a cell phone. Some get fancier; it mainly just depends on what you want to do. Bring mission-specific tools.

That's another thing. The Patrols VS Missions is a bit of debate in the community. Some do both; I personally like missions instead. When I patroled I mainly just wound up wandering around posing for photos and explaining why I was wearing tights, but whenever I set out on a mission I always got something accomplished. The lesson for me was it's just better to have a plan/idea of what you'll be doing. Even just picking up litter as you go is good; if you don't end up fighting bad guys at least the community looks a little nicer in that area. Unless it's snowing there right now as it is here.

Most of my Mission in the winter months involves shoveling snow and chopping wood for senior citizens; contact your local churches for information; they know who needs help the most in the community. Smile

--John
Back to top Go down
Anyman

Anyman

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support
  • Non-RLSH

PostSubject: Re: Advice for a new guy?   Advice for a new guy? Icon_minitime1Fri Nov 08, 2013 10:35 pm

Personally, I've taken the following with me...
*Facial covering that works with my disguise, such as a hat or sunglasses.
*Rope.
*Pencil & paper.
*Bandana.
*Small first aide kit.
*Lighter.
*Hooded jacket.
*Extra clothing.
*Disposable cell phone.
*Towel.
*Larger first aide kit.
*Flashlight.
*Some kinds of food items.
*Small pouches, with water and coffee in them.
*Various items I didn't need, which could be given away to people who did need them.
*Small pouch of tools.
They were carried on my person, in two separate bags, and under the seat of my bike. I also carried some religious literature; both because of my personal beliefs, and as part of my cover when I was undercover gathering information.
When it comes to taking things with you, there are three things to remember:
-Take fewer items that can be used for more purposes,
-take what you specifically need for what you plan to do that night (which requires you have good intel on what you'll be doing and facing), and
-while it's a good idea to take backup supplies and tools, you should only carry some with you; leave the rest near your vehicle, or at a safe location (some survival enthusiasts have small survival kits they bury in various locations throughout their cities... where it's legal, of course). Naturally, having your backup kits with your vehicle is preferrable to having to find where you left them earlier that day and hoping someone didn't run off with your stuff without your permission.
Back to top Go down
Sapphire

Sapphire

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support

PostSubject: Re: Advice for a new guy?   Advice for a new guy? Icon_minitime1Fri Nov 08, 2013 11:49 pm

I will have to remember this, I usually don't run into problems much in my area but I do know a side of town where a lot of things go down
Back to top Go down
blueguardian

blueguardian

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support

PostSubject: Re: Advice for a new guy?   Advice for a new guy? Icon_minitime1Sat Nov 09, 2013 5:37 pm

One thing that might be really cool for your costume would be a blue sleeveless hoodie. I found this one 
http://www.amazon.com/Doublju-Mens-Sleeveless-Hoodie-BLUE/dp/B00CMODJTG/ref=sr_1_12?ie=UTF8&qid=1384035479&sr=8-12&keywords=sleeveless+hoodie
As for non-costume things, I always bring:
Stab/slash proof chest plate, knife/impact resistant arm guards, metal guantlet(left hand), and mesh goggles.
Back to top Go down
Sapphire

Sapphire

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support

PostSubject: Re: Advice for a new guy?   Advice for a new guy? Icon_minitime1Mon Nov 11, 2013 10:14 am

i like the hoodie Blue thanks for the suggestion, and I personally don't know where to go get those things
Back to top Go down
blueguardian

blueguardian

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support

PostSubject: Re: Advice for a new guy?   Advice for a new guy? Icon_minitime1Fri Nov 15, 2013 5:29 am

If you mean my armor stuff I made mine. But I'm sure you could find something at an army surplus store or something. Or if you're cheap like me you can look in target, Walmart, or amazon for motocross or skateboarding gear. I kind of make armor and weapons as a hobby, the things listed are just what I bring for in-town patrols.
Back to top Go down
Sapphire

Sapphire

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support

PostSubject: Re: Advice for a new guy?   Advice for a new guy? Icon_minitime1Sat Nov 16, 2013 9:19 am

Thanks guys
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Advice for a new guy?   Advice for a new guy? Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Advice for a new guy?
Page 1 of 1