Real Life Superheroes - The Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Real Life Superheroes - The Forum

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Ninja's Advice to all Newcomers...

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Ninja

Ninja

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support
  • Non-RLSH

Ninja's Advice to all Newcomers...  Empty
PostSubject: Ninja's Advice to all Newcomers...    Ninja's Advice to all Newcomers...  Icon_minitime1Mon Sep 16, 2013 10:25 pm

I just had a PM from a fellow UK member about where to start and I feel this could also be beneficial to all you newcomers out there. So I will copy and paste it here (slightly edited)

Hey!

First off welcome to the forum [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]  its great to see you and more people joining up! 

Before you start I would recommend you first get a good idea of what you want to do and achieve from your RLSH activities. From here you can figure out or ask/see on these forums how others are going about doing their RLSH work and learn the faster way. You may have seen that there has been an influx of people joining from all over the place due to films like Kick-Ass 2 and if they ask where to start I will always tell them to, before anything else, figure out their goals.

People come from all walks of life on here and have many different goals and ways of how they go about achieving them. I recommend playing to your strengths but dont let that stop you from expanding your skills!

I came into this with unrealistic ideas to start with but after reading through this forum it helped me to get a better footing on what I was hoping to achieve. 

Now ill quickly run through my story...

I have always been out and about on the streets since I was about 6 or 7. My parents trusted me and I was sensible enough. We also lived in what was then a nice area (funny, i heard that there are now "postcode wars" and its a hell hole...times change). We then started moving house all over the place but every new one for me was an adventure and as soon as I got there I was straight out on my bike learning the new area. I became streetwise very quickly going further and further every few days until I was miles away from home at parks, playing fields or just new streets across town. I would never want my little brother doing that and hes much older than I was [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]  but again times change. Kids today have Xboxes and computers to play on but if you are as old or older than me (20) you will know what I mean. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] 

Anyway we settled down and in secondary school I started to get up to no good. Me and my mates started to do graffiti and were hanging around with people in the years above us. We started staying out till very late pretty much everyday (3-4am if we didnt have school or it was holidays) causing trouble here and there but nothing major and we never hurt anyone, we were just having fun [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] I never regret any of it as I never would have met a lot of my mates and it gave me all the confidence in the world when roaming around all sorts of places till early hours and plenty of police encounters![You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]  

I find it weird when people I meet now are scared or dont like being around at night because ive done it all my life.

Now there is a point to this essay [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]...  

I feel 110% confident and safe patrolling around at night because Ive seen and done it all. 

My patrols consist of walking various routes depending on the weather and my mood at the time. I do various things on these patrols as I like to not stick to a routine where I may lull myself into a false sense of security. Sometimes im looking for crimes in progress, sometimes im watching areas with lots of drunk people to make sure theres no fights or people up to no good and sometimes I feed and talk to homeless but that doesn't mean I wont happen to do all of these on the same night/patrol (unless i have no food or water to give [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] in which case its just a chat). I patrol almost every night but I rarely wear a costume as I dont think its practical for what I do especially around drunk, riled up yobs as it will usually make them attack for no reason because you look like you're there to fight or because you stand out from the crowd. It might fly well in America but not so much here. Of course it all depends on a number of things i guess...

So overall it all comes back to:

What do you want to do / achieve with your RLSH antics?
What are your strengths and weaknesses?

If you want even more tailored advice then:

Whats your story and experiences?
Where are you patrolling? (ish... if you dont want to be exact [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.])
Are you working alone?
What skills do you have?  (A HUGE advantage for me is I am good at Parkour which has saved my "ass" many-a-time:D )
Martial arts or will to learn self defense?
Physical condition?
Do you want to remain a "secret" RLSH or be a "public" one like most guys on here?

Anyway, I hope this has helped give you a starting point and please feel free to ask any questions or ask for suggestions...if you answer those questions Ill do my best to recommend how I think you should go about it all.

REMEMBER: NEVER GO OUT OF YOUR DEPTH! 
You're not batman...yet [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

stay safe8) 

N.
Back to top Go down

Ninja's Advice to all Newcomers...
Page 1 of 1