Real Life Superheroes - The Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Real Life Superheroes - The Forum

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Big man here looking to get better

Go down 
+5
pongo
Equal
Anyman
Urban Avenger
Gentle Giant
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Rook

Rook

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

Big man here looking to get better - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Big man here looking to get better   Big man here looking to get better - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sun Oct 13, 2013 2:10 pm

I'll have to check out the Heet myself.  I've seen it around, but never tried it...didn't know it dated back that far.  

While it doesn't work for me, several people I know (including Watson) love DMSO as a mild pain reliever.  It works for her on some pains when all else fails (even medications).

It frightens a lot of folks, though, because it's a laboratory solvent that penetrates quickly, no one really knows why it works, and makes some folks taste garlic as soon as it touches your skin.  There's some intuitive wisdom that will say "that can't be good for you."

So far, however, no laboratory tests have found any negative effects (unless you count garlic taste).  Since I don't use it, take my endorsement with a grain of salt, but I follow the data.

-Rook
Back to top Go down
Superman

Superman

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support

Big man here looking to get better - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Big man here looking to get better   Big man here looking to get better - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sun Oct 13, 2013 3:26 pm

You may also want to try WD40. Odd as it sounds it can help joints move better. My wife had an Uncle in his 90s that swore by it. He was moving better than I was so I figured as long as I had a can in my workshop anyway I may as well give it a try. You spray it on and rub it in and it does work. ! more reason to respect elders as it would have never occurred to me to try it on my own.

Superman

PS. As I wrote this it occurred to me that compared to most in here I am an Elder
Back to top Go down

Big man here looking to get better
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Real Life Superheroes - The Forum :: General Information :: Fitness and Nutrition-
Jump to: