Real Life Superheroes - The Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Real Life Superheroes - The Forum

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

17 Week Program

Go down 
+3
ravdos
Blu Falcon
Solar Spider
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

17 Week Program Empty
PostSubject: 17 Week Program   17 Week Program Icon_minitime1Thu Oct 24, 2013 5:39 pm

Week 1

Monday: Run two miles. Four sets of fifteen push-ups. Four sets of twenty sit-ups. Three sets of three pull ups. Three sets of six dips.
Tuesday: Rest.
Wednesday: Run two miles. Four sets of fifteen push-ups. Four sets of twenty Sit-Ups. Three sets of three pull ups. Three sets of six dips.
Thursday: Rest.
Friday: Run two miles. Four sets of fifteen push-ups. Four sets of twenty sit-ups. Three sets of three pull ups. Three sets of six dips.
Saturday & Sunday: Rest.

Week 2

Monday: Run two miles. Five sets of twenty push-ups. Five sets of twenty sit-ups. Three sets of three pull-ups. Three sets of six dips.
Wednesday: Run two miles. Five sets of twenty push-ups. Five sets of twenty sit-ups. Three sets of three pull-ups. Three sets of six dips.
Friday: Run two miles. Five sets of twenty push-ups. Five sets of twenty sit-ups. Three sets of three pull-ups. Three sets of six dips.
Saturday & Sunday: Rest.

Week 3

Monday: Five sets of twenty five push ups. Five sets of twenty five sit ups. Three sets of four pull ups. Three sets of eight dips.
Wednesday: Five sets of twenty five push ups. Five sets of twenty five sit ups. Three sets of four pull ups. Three sets of eight dips.
Friday: Five sets of twenty five push ups. Five sets of twenty five sit ups. Three sets of four pull ups. Three sets of eight dips.

Week 4

Monday: Run three miles. Five sets of twenty five push ups. Five sets of twenty five sit ups. Three sets of four pull ups. Three sets of eight dips.
Wednesday: Run three miles. Five sets of twenty five push ups. Five sets of twenty five sit ups. Three sets of four pull ups. Three sets of eight dips.
Friday: Run three miles. Five sets of twenty five push ups. Five sets of twenty five sit ups. Three sets of four pull ups. Three sets of eight dips.

Week 5

Monday: Run two miles. Six sets of twenty five push ups. Six sets of twenty five sit ups. Two sets of eight pull ups. Two sets of sixteen dips.
Tuesday: Run three miles.
Wednesday: Six sets of twenty five push ups. Six sets of twenty five sit ups. Two sets of eight pull ups. Two sets of sixteen dips.
Thursday: Run four miles.
Friday: Run two miles. Six sets of twenty five push ups. Six sets of twenty five sit ups. Two sets of eight pull ups. Two sets of sixteen dips.
Saturday and Sunday: Rest.

[Contd]
Back to top Go down

17 Week Program Empty
PostSubject: Re: 17 Week Program   17 Week Program Icon_minitime1Thu Oct 24, 2013 5:58 pm

Week 6

Monday: Run two miles. Six sets of twenty five push ups. Six sets of twenty five sit ups. Two sets of eight pull ups. Two sets of sixteen dips.
Tuesday: Run three miles.
Wednesday: Six sets of twenty five push ups. Six sets of twenty five sit ups. Two sets of eight pull ups. Two sets of sixteen dips.
Friday: Run two miles. Six sets of twenty five push ups. Six sets of twenty five sit ups. Two sets of eight pull ups. Two sets of sixteen dips.
Saturday and Sunday: Rest.

Week 7

Monday: Run four miles. Six sets of thirty push ups. Six sets of thirty sit ups. Two sets of ten pull ups. Two sets of twenty dips.
Tuesday: Run four miles.
Wednesday: Six sets of thirty push ups. Six sets of thirty sit ups. Two sets of ten pull ups. Two sets of twenty dips.
Thursday: Run five miles.
Friday: Run three miles. Six sets of thirty push ups. Six sets of thirty sit ups. Two sets of ten pull ups. Two sets of twenty dips.

Week 8

Monday: Run four miles. Six sets of thirty push ups. Six sets of thirty sit ups. Two sets of ten pull ups. Two sets of twenty dips.
Wednesday: Six sets of thirty push ups. Six sets of thirty sit ups. Two sets of ten pull ups. Two sets of twenty dips.
Friday: Run three miles. Six sets of thirty push ups. Six sets of thirty sit ups. Two sets of ten pull ups. Two sets of twenty dips.

Week 9

Monday: Run three miles.  Six sets of thirty push ups. Six sets of thirty sit ups. Three sets of ten pull ups. Three sets of twenty dips.
Wednesday: Six sets of thirty push ups. Six sets of thirty sit ups. Three sets of ten pull ups. Three sets of twenty dips
Friday: Run three miles. Six sets of thirty push ups. Six sets of thirty sit ups. Three sets of ten pull ups. Three sets of twenty dips
Saturday & Sunday: Rest

Week 10

Monday: Run three miles. Six sets of thirty push ups. Six sets of thirty five sit ups. Three sets of ten pull ups. Three sets of twenty dips.
Tuesday: Run five miles.
Wednesday: Six sets of thirty push ups. Six sets of thirty sit ups. Three sets of ten pull ups. Three sets of twenty dips
Friday: Run five miles. Six sets of thirty push ups. Six sets of thirty sit ups. Three sets of ten pull ups. Three sets of twenty dips
Back to top Go down

17 Week Program Empty
PostSubject: Re: 17 Week Program   17 Week Program Icon_minitime1Thu Oct 24, 2013 6:50 pm

Week 11

Monday: Run three miles. Six sets of thirty push ups. Six sets of thirty five sit ups. Three sets of ten pull ups. Three sets of twenty dips.
Wednesday: Six sets of thirty push ups. Six sets of thirty five sit ups. Three sets of ten pull ups. Three sets of twenty dips.
Friday: Run five miles. Six sets of thirty push ups. Six sets of thirty five sit ups. Three sets of ten pull ups. Three sets of twenty dips.
Saturday: Run two miles.
Sunday: Rest.

Week 11

Wednesday: Six sets of thirty push ups. Six sets of thirty five sit ups. Three sets of ten pull ups. Three sets of twenty dips.
Friday: Run five miles. Six sets of thirty push ups. Six sets of thirty five sit ups. Three sets of ten pull ups. Three sets of twenty dips.
Saturday: Run two miles.

Week 12

Monday: Run four miles. Ten sets of twenty push ups. Ten sets of twenty five sit ups. Four sets of ten pull ups. Ten sets of fifteen dips.
Wednesday: Ten sets of twenty push ups. Ten sets of twenty five sit ups. Four sets of ten pull ups. Ten sets of fifteen dips.
Thursday: Run six miles.
Friday: Run four miles. Ten sets of twenty push ups. Ten sets of twenty five sit ups. Four sets of ten pull ups. Ten sets of fifteen dips.
Saturday: Run three miles.
Sunday: Rest

Week 13

Monday: Run four miles. Ten sets of twenty push ups. Ten sets of twenty five sit ups. Four sets of ten pull ups. Ten sets of fifteen dips.
Wednesday: Ten sets of twenty push ups. Ten sets of twenty five sit ups. Four sets of ten pull ups. Ten sets of fifteen dips.
Friday: Run four miles. Ten sets of twenty push ups. Ten sets of twenty five sit ups. Four sets of ten pull ups. Ten sets of fifteen dips.
Saturday: Run three miles.

Week 14

Monday: Run five miles. Fifteen sets of twenty push ups. Fifteen sets of twenty five sit ups. Four sets of twelve pull ups. Fifteen sets of fifteen dips.
Wednesday: Fifteen sets of twenty push ups. Fifteen sets of twenty five sit ups. Four sets of twelve pull ups. Fifteen sets of fifteen dips.
Friday: Run four miles. Fifteen sets of twenty push ups. Fifteen sets of twenty five sit ups. Four sets of twelve pull ups. Fifteen sets of fifteen dips.
Saturday: Run four miles.
Sunday: Rest
Back to top Go down

17 Week Program Empty
PostSubject: Re: 17 Week Program   17 Week Program Icon_minitime1Thu Oct 24, 2013 7:01 pm

Week 15

Monday: Run five miles. Fifteen sets of twenty push ups. Fifteen sets of twenty five sit ups. Four sets of twelve pull ups. Fifteen sets of fifteen dips.
Tuesday: Run six miles.
Wednesday: Fifteen sets of twenty push ups. Fifteen sets of twenty five sit ups. Four sets of twelve pull ups. Fifteen sets of fifteen dips.
Friday: Run four miles. Fifteen sets of twenty push ups. Fifteen sets of twenty five sit ups. Four sets of twelve pull ups. Fifteen sets of fifteen dips.
Saturday: Run four miles.

Week 16

Monday: Run six miles. Twenty sets of twenty push ups. Twenty sets of twenty five sit ups. Five sets of twelve pull ups. Twenty sets of fifteen dips.
Wednesday: Twenty sets of twenty push ups. Twenty sets of twenty five sit ups. Five sets of twelve pull ups. Twenty sets of fifteen dips.
Friday: Run six miles. Twenty sets of twenty push ups. Twenty sets of twenty five sit ups. Five sets of twelve pull ups. Twenty sets of fifteen dips.
Saturday: Run six miles.

Week 17

Monday: Run six miles. Twenty sets of twenty push ups. Twenty sets of twenty five sit ups. Five sets of twelve pull ups. Twenty sets of fifteen dips.
Wednesday: Twenty sets of twenty push ups. Twenty sets of twenty five sit ups. Five sets of twelve pull ups. Twenty sets of fifteen dips.
Friday: Run six miles. Twenty sets of twenty push ups. Twenty sets of twenty five sit ups. Five sets of twelve pull ups. Twenty sets of fifteen dips.
Saturday: Run six miles.
Sunday: Done.
Back to top Go down

17 Week Program Empty
PostSubject: Re: 17 Week Program   17 Week Program Icon_minitime1Thu Oct 24, 2013 7:04 pm

Always consult with a doctor before beginning arduous training activities.
Back to top Go down
Solar Spider

Solar Spider

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

17 Week Program Empty
PostSubject: Re: 17 Week Program   17 Week Program Icon_minitime1Thu Oct 24, 2013 7:16 pm

This is intense...wow.
Back to top Go down

17 Week Program Empty
PostSubject: Re: 17 Week Program   17 Week Program Icon_minitime1Thu Oct 24, 2013 7:31 pm

Firefighter reccomended, firefighter approved. king
Back to top Go down
Solar Spider

Solar Spider

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

17 Week Program Empty
PostSubject: Re: 17 Week Program   17 Week Program Icon_minitime1Fri Oct 25, 2013 8:43 am

In my workouts, I'm having to struggle a lot to complete the calisthenics, as you said happens. I'm thinking to doing something more like this...calisthenics and cardio on mon-wed-fri, and triple cardio on tues and thurs. Sat and sun for rest. I feel like my upper body needs that extra time to rest and recoup instead of blasting it 5 days in a row.
Back to top Go down

17 Week Program Empty
PostSubject: Re: 17 Week Program   17 Week Program Icon_minitime1Fri Oct 25, 2013 1:55 pm

Oh definitely. When you excercise your making small micro tears in your muscles, if you keep blasting them you could damage them. A day in between hard workouts to rest, or for small workouts like just running a little is best to give those little tears a chance to heal. The next day when you start again you'll make new tears.

I like this program a lot because it doesn't build too much mass, it builds something a lot more important, endurance. I'm not a big, hulk looking guy, but I'm really really strong. The reason is because of the old "low weight high reps". For example with bench pressing, I don't use any weights; i just lift the bar up and down until i can't do it anymore. Doesn't sound like much, but eventually that five pound bar will feel impossible. This trains the muscles to come in really hard, and enduring, but without the mass. Mass can slow you down, but if your really strong, enduring, and lean, then you can run faster, jump higher/farther, and fit in tighter places while avoiding all that embarassing bull-in-the-china shop action haha. Being able to go hard is good, being able to go hard, and longer, is even better. Good luck! Very Happy

--John
Back to top Go down
Solar Spider

Solar Spider

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

17 Week Program Empty
PostSubject: Re: 17 Week Program   17 Week Program Icon_minitime1Fri Oct 25, 2013 2:06 pm

Thanks for the advice, I will definitely make some changes.
Back to top Go down
Blu Falcon

Blu Falcon

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support

17 Week Program Empty
PostSubject: Re: 17 Week Program   17 Week Program Icon_minitime1Sun Nov 24, 2013 4:24 pm

This looks amazing! I think I might give this a try
Back to top Go down
ravdos

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support

17 Week Program Empty
PostSubject: Re: 17 Week Program   17 Week Program Icon_minitime1Sun Nov 24, 2013 5:59 pm

Hey, name's ράβδος (Ravdos)! Just saw this and am really intrigued to try it. (: I'm new here and hope I can acheive great things by taking on this lifestyle. My hero-name is Greek and it means staff, but if you call me Bryan -- my real name, I'm cool with it. I want to be the one people think of when they need hope, so my goal is to help anyone who needs it and to put an end to any negative altercations that arise. You can't save everyone, but as a hero we sure as heck can try! Since I have 8 months until I'm 18, I haven't had the chance to do some stuff outside past curfew so I mainly stop school fights and stand up for the victims of harassment and bullying. I also do some volunteer work with my dad (I don't care if I'm signed up for it or not) and that's a blast. I'm putting together my outfit and I'm hoping to move back to a large city so I can do more. This place doesn't have much for me to do, thankfully that means crime rates are low. I'm hoping I can find a hero team and start my real journey then. My commitment is there, and I'm a fast-paced, fast-adapting individual. Geez, I think I went overboard on trying to introduce myself but ah well! Anyways, hello from Muncie, Indiana!
Back to top Go down

17 Week Program Empty
PostSubject: Re: 17 Week Program   17 Week Program Icon_minitime1Sun Nov 24, 2013 7:31 pm

Awesome. Smile
I would warn you though on trying to save everyone; it'll burn you out. There's so many people who need help. I found a good method is focussing on all the people in your own life and inspiring more heroes from there; after a while more and more of town will be heroic. Smile
Back to top Go down
pongo

Category :
  • Non-RLSH

17 Week Program Empty
PostSubject: Re: 17 Week Program   17 Week Program Icon_minitime1Tue Nov 26, 2013 9:50 am

This seems like a pretty good workout.
Might want to try some heavy lifts in there though, sometimes having to lift heavy is necessary in the real world.
Back to top Go down

17 Week Program Empty
PostSubject: Re: 17 Week Program   17 Week Program Icon_minitime1Tue Nov 26, 2013 11:21 am

Haha; you'll be able to lift heavy things if you keep this a consistent regime. If you want to throw in some weightlifting though there's not really any downside haha. Well; too much and you'll start getting too much mass, but other than that not many. I personally keep my fitness routine pretty natural. Mainly because I don't have any weights. My most sophisticated piece of equipment is the jump rope lol.  I'm looking into getting the chair gym though; uses resistance bands and is capable of over 50 exercises.
Back to top Go down

17 Week Program Empty
PostSubject: Re: 17 Week Program   17 Week Program Icon_minitime1Tue Nov 26, 2013 11:24 am

For pull ups and dips I use the underpart of my basement staircase and a couple thick branches high up in a tree; found a nice spot a while back that's perfect for dips. And you hang on tighter out of fear for your life so it's even more of a workout hahaha. XD
Back to top Go down
stryker

stryker

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support

17 Week Program Empty
PostSubject: Re: 17 Week Program   17 Week Program Icon_minitime1Mon Feb 24, 2014 2:53 pm

i love this idea! but first I'm doing a two weeks training program/ camping trip with my counterpart, and then by myself im going to do this 17 week workout. 
the trip consists of a strict diet. two mile runs every day leaving sabbath for rest. and circuit workouts every day, kata training. "go-ju-ryu karate" , parkour and sword training. and yes were proficient with swords although were replacing them with sticks/canes while actually in the field. (we don't want legal trouble) lol
Back to top Go down

17 Week Program Empty
PostSubject: Re: 17 Week Program   17 Week Program Icon_minitime1Mon Feb 24, 2014 4:44 pm

Haha, nice! Omg, I totally just referred to this in your other post lol! XD
Back to top Go down
stryker

stryker

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support

17 Week Program Empty
PostSubject: Re: 17 Week Program   17 Week Program Icon_minitime1Mon Feb 24, 2014 6:26 pm

no problem man! i really like the design of your workout. its not overly hard. but will give me something to push myself in my walk as a real life superhero. along with your workouts, I'm taking a criminal justice course at college soon, im taking volunteer firefighter training. and emt training. as well as several kinds of martial arts. whats really cool is no matter what im doing. in uniform or in every day life, ill be helping people. as i am going to school in a few years to be a youth pastor....
Back to top Go down

17 Week Program Empty
PostSubject: Re: 17 Week Program   17 Week Program Icon_minitime1Mon Feb 24, 2014 8:43 pm

A man after my own heart! That is awesome! Very Happy

Keep it up; never give in. Smile

Stay true. Stay free. Stay safe.

--Hero Man
Back to top Go down
nightmare

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

17 Week Program Empty
PostSubject: Re: 17 Week Program   17 Week Program Icon_minitime1Mon Feb 24, 2014 9:13 pm

Nice!
Back to top Go down
stryker

stryker

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support

17 Week Program Empty
PostSubject: Re: 17 Week Program   17 Week Program Icon_minitime1Mon Feb 24, 2014 9:17 pm

thanks man! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
stryker

stryker

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support

17 Week Program Empty
PostSubject: Re: 17 Week Program   17 Week Program Icon_minitime1Mon Feb 24, 2014 9:20 pm

that was in reply to hero man lol in case nightmare got confused lol. he must have replied right before i did. Smile
Back to top Go down

17 Week Program Empty
PostSubject: Re: 17 Week Program   17 Week Program Icon_minitime1Mon Feb 24, 2014 9:58 pm

Sure thing. Smile
Back to top Go down

17 Week Program Empty
PostSubject: Re: 17 Week Program   17 Week Program Icon_minitime1Thu Jun 05, 2014 6:21 am

Gonna start doing this again. I passed the Pack Test this year without a problem but I feel out of shape; found out I've lost a lot of weight; I used to be around 190 pounds but I only weigh 152 now. Haven't been eating or sleeping much.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

17 Week Program Empty
PostSubject: Re: 17 Week Program   17 Week Program Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

17 Week Program
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next