Real Life Superheroes - The Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Real Life Superheroes - The Forum

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Shuriken Wrist Dispenser

Go down 
+8
The Flame
Rook
Silent Defender
Urban Avenger
Equal
Stephen Hannaway
Gauge
Swift_Avenger
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage

Shuriken Wrist Dispenser  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shuriken Wrist Dispenser    Shuriken Wrist Dispenser  - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sun Nov 03, 2013 3:56 am

How so? I should have everyone know; I don't pack a gun on me, but I have seen it's effectiveness in person. My father taught me about guns; how to handle them, the safety measures, and that they should not be drawn on a person to attack them but because it's an equalizer. People are afraid of getting killed, and logically will try to avoid getting themselves killed, by for example trying to attack someone who has a gun on them from ten feet away. I stand by reccomending individuals go about the legal procedures to attain a firearm, learn how to use it, and keep it with them or nearby for self defense.  There's of course laws that have to be followed.

I reccomend it because it's the safest self defense weapon available and because there are individuals who don't mind stomping down on others to benefit themselves who have guns themselves. You're not seriously telling me the solution is to keep guns away from good guys when the majority of bad guys do are you? XD

This is my opinion. If it upsets you...well, I'm not going to apologize for my belief in the second amendment, you'll just have to accept it I suppose.

--John
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Shuriken Wrist Dispenser    Shuriken Wrist Dispenser  - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sun Nov 03, 2013 4:28 am

Can someone describe a scenario to me where you'd have to throw something for a distraction? I'm having trouble understanding the need for that.
Back to top Go down
Gauge

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Non-RLSH

PostSubject: Re: Shuriken Wrist Dispenser    Shuriken Wrist Dispenser  - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sun Nov 03, 2013 11:01 am

Your opinion does not upset me, John, but the advice of drawing your gun at the "first sign of danger" is dangerous.  This mentality leads to unjustified shootings.

Throwing items for a distraction draws focus away from your location, and makes it possible o move to a better one, unnoticed.  There are other reasons as well.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Shuriken Wrist Dispenser    Shuriken Wrist Dispenser  - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sun Nov 03, 2013 2:38 pm

I don't feel pulling a gun at the first logical sign of danger as a dangerous mentality that leads to unjustified shootings. Unjustified shooting can easily be prevented by simply not shooting until it's justified. Drawing a firearm is a completely harmless action that let's you're would be assailent seriously understand and take into account that you are not a person to be fucked with.

I still don't quite understand why you would need to throw an object. If they have already spotted you, the it is likely too late to hide and throw something to confuse them. If they have not spotted you yet, then you can already leave unnoticed, lol. XD

If you're just throwing things around to mess with their heads, you're probably in the process of an activity that you shouldn'[t be doing in the first place because of the obvious high risks and dangers. But that's just my 0.02

--John
Back to top Go down
Gauge

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Non-RLSH

PostSubject: Re: Shuriken Wrist Dispenser    Shuriken Wrist Dispenser  - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sun Nov 03, 2013 5:20 pm

You seem to be misunderstanding about the distraction issue. We are assuming that you need to draw the attention of someone who is unaware of your presence, but who -- without a distraction -- would notice you if you came out of hiding. A distraction could give you the moment you need to cross to a more strategically sound location.

As for drawing your gun, it is not harmless, but I won't discuss this topic further. You are entitled to your opinion.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Shuriken Wrist Dispenser    Shuriken Wrist Dispenser  - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sun Nov 03, 2013 6:11 pm

That's kinda what I meant by you're probably doing something you're not supposed to be doing. In this case spying on someone. I can only use my imagination as to what kinds of individuals people here spy on; for the ones who do spy on people. The sneaky/stealth archetype in movies and comics i don't feel has much place in what RLSH do in real life. Or at least shouldn't. I feel anyone worth spying on should be spied on by qaulified individuals who's job it is to spy on these people, not a citizen conducting their own investigations/operations, because I feel anyone worth spying on is probably someone or someones very dangerous and should be left to the police or a higher intelligence agency. I feel if citizens want to get into that sorta thing, they should go to school and jump through all the hoops necessary to become and undercover officer, spy, secret agent or whatever. I don't feel comfortable with your average citizen being in that situation though. There's no need for it. And no disrespect, but I feel it's safe to say most RLSh can be considered average citizens. I'm not aware of any RLSH who are at any mental or physical degree and effectiveness as fictional charachters, and most RLSH aren't individuals with Military Intillegience Backgrounds, Several Black Belts, and more degrees than a thermometer from various universitites around the globe that the government paid them to go learn from. I've gotten a lot more interested in professional heroism; they're the ones with the resources and training necessary to achieve mass effects....kinda got off topic.

Yeah, I'm not comfortable with your average citizen spying on anyone truly worth spying on/spying on anyone/thing that could pose a significant threat to them or their loved ones.

I'm pretty sure drawing a gun, the act of it, is harmless. It doesn't harm anyone, meaning it doesn't physically hurt/injure anyone. I maybe should have clarified that. Legally, you're right, it probably won't be harmless. Everytime you draw a gun you have an obligation to immediately call the police after the incident and make a report. This is for your protection, because the thug you just warded off with your firearm may start go blabbing to all his buddies and he's going to try and make you look like the bad guy "Some old crazy guy just pulled a gun on me dude! For no reason at all!"

By making a report immediately you are not only following the law, but now, if the dude and his buddies go to the cops trying to make you out to be a bad guy, there is already a police report on file. If it's pushed further, there were likely cameras around to confirm the events that took place. In the end, if no one even got shot and the gun never even went off, I sincerely doubt it will cause too awfully harmful legal consequences, and even if it did, I'd be okay with it. As an elderly inner city man once said, I would rather be judged by twelve than carried by six. Twelve on a jury. Six to carry a casket. Shooting someone is harmful. Not only physically but also legally. Which is why you better have a darn good justified, obviously sound reason for shooting someone. Something just about everyone would agree on, "Yeah, it was probably a good thing that dude shot that other dude." The chances of anyone having to shoot someone are really low. Astronomically. Most people are smart enough to not persist with a gunman. I may not have worded things right before. Sorry if I'm misunderstanding something. Peace. Smile

--John
Back to top Go down
Equal

Equal

PostSubject: Re: Shuriken Wrist Dispenser    Shuriken Wrist Dispenser  - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Mon Nov 04, 2013 8:06 am

John, seems to me that you don't know much about violence, behavior, law and common sense, so I'd advise you to not advise so much. Or at all.

Giving advice is a big responsebility.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Shuriken Wrist Dispenser    Shuriken Wrist Dispenser  - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Mon Nov 04, 2013 3:45 pm

I'm rejecting your advise because I know you're flat wrong and are obviously jumping to conclusions because you disagree with one opinion and thus feel qaulified to judge my entire person despite the fact you have no idea who I am, where I've been, or what I've seen. But thanks for the thought.
Back to top Go down
Gauge

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Non-RLSH

PostSubject: Re: Shuriken Wrist Dispenser    Shuriken Wrist Dispenser  - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Mon Nov 04, 2013 4:28 pm

You cannot draw a deadly firearm if someone who looks dangerous is approaching you.  Guns are not intimidation tools, they are for stopping threats of imminent death.  If a guy is approaching you in an angry fashion, and telling you he is going to kill you, then you have the right.  It is the continuum of force, John, and you apparently have no sense of it.  You respond one step above the continuum.  An aggressive approach in itself is not harmful to you.  If he pulls back to swing at you, go ahead and fight, but pulling your gun is still premature.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Shuriken Wrist Dispenser    Shuriken Wrist Dispenser  - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Mon Nov 04, 2013 5:06 pm

I do have a sense of the use of force continuum; I just think it's stupid and I disagree with it.

Guns are tools. What you use a tool for is up to you; most have multiple functions. To me, a gun is also viable intimidation tool; for that fact that is has a tendency to intimidate individuals that are in front of the little hole at the end. Yes, I can also use it to stop a threat of imminent death in it's tracks, but I can also use it to stop a deadly situation from happening in the first place at all; not even having to touch or lay my hands on anyone. If I feel scared of a figure dressed in a intimdidating fashion; by god I'll draw my gone and tell them to stay away from me if I feel scared enough. If I was wrong, and they are not a threat, then they'll probably run away and that will be the end of it. If my first impression was right and they are a threat, but I didn't pull my gun and tell them to stay away from me, then it's too late, isn't it. He drew a switch blade, stabbed me in the gut, pulled my body in an alley and stripped me of all my belongings. The police find my naked body in the alley the next day and I become another statistic.

I'll pull my gun early and use it as an intimidation tool if I feel like it. When it comes to my safety and my family, screw the law. I don't take chances, and I'd rather go to jail than end up dead. Besides, jail isn't that bad; I've been through worse.

Now that we understand where everyone stands, I'll stop discussing the topic. Sorry if I offended anyone.

--John
Back to top Go down
Gauge

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Non-RLSH

PostSubject: Re: Shuriken Wrist Dispenser    Shuriken Wrist Dispenser  - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Mon Nov 04, 2013 5:27 pm

You're only offending common sense, John. If you draw your gun, and you are wrong, you say that will be the end of it, and that the person will run away. It doesn't always work that way. The person you draw on might tackle you out of fear for their safety. You've heard of the "fight or flight" response I'm sure, and you don't know which will happen. If they fight, you started it. You will be the one going to prison for creating an incident. The fact that you don't seem to care is deeply troubling.
Back to top Go down
Gauge

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Non-RLSH

PostSubject: Re: Shuriken Wrist Dispenser    Shuriken Wrist Dispenser  - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Mon Nov 04, 2013 5:28 pm

And the person who flees will likely go to the police, not hide at home.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Shuriken Wrist Dispenser    Shuriken Wrist Dispenser  - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Mon Nov 04, 2013 6:09 pm

Common sense? Commons sense, for me, is pulling a gun on a dangerous looking individual who is approaching me after I have already told them to stop. Not wait until they're right on top of me to determine if they're dangerous or not. They might flee to the cops. The cops would already be aware of the incident though; I'd have called them immediately after and informed them of what happened for that very reason. It would be absolutely ludicrous if I was arrested for drawing a gun because I was in fear of my life and nobody got hurt. I'd be pressing charges. So I'[m pretty sure they'd be able to use commmon sense and conclude, "Okay, John Hamilton was in the slums and got scared of a shady looking fellow and deterred them nonviolently with a firearm." That would be the report, as opposed to the person who fleed. The lesson for the person, don't dress like a mugger at night in the slums.

Don't be too deeply troubled. I'm not an idiot. I'm not going to pull a gun on someone for no good reason.

I'm tired of talking about it though. Everyone else can do and believe what they want as will I. Peace.

--John
Back to top Go down
Urban Avenger

Urban Avenger

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Shuriken Wrist Dispenser    Shuriken Wrist Dispenser  - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Mon Nov 04, 2013 7:12 pm

Vigilante spider used to carry around hard drive disks. They are comparable to shuriken without the stabby.
Back to top Go down
Urban Avenger

Urban Avenger

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Shuriken Wrist Dispenser    Shuriken Wrist Dispenser  - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Mon Nov 04, 2013 7:17 pm

As for the gun thing, superhero pulled his gun on someone the recently (within the last month or two) who was about to attack another in a parking lot.

So.. it works.. and it doesn't. .a gun.. or any weapon is always a gamble.

I have pulled my stun gun on people and dry fired it, only to have them try and call my bluff, but ya know, I don't bluff.

It's all about context.. and circumstances.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Shuriken Wrist Dispenser    Shuriken Wrist Dispenser  - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Mon Nov 04, 2013 7:19 pm

Exactly. Well said. Smile
Back to top Go down
Equal

Equal

PostSubject: Re: Shuriken Wrist Dispenser    Shuriken Wrist Dispenser  - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Mon Nov 04, 2013 9:25 pm

But there is a problem to belive you can see inside somebodys head. In a tense situation people stop being reflective and just react on their experience. You have no idea what experience you are facing. Guns and knifes can be drawn fast, and before you have figured out how to act it may be to late.

If you love being a know-it-all, sell that god helmet on ebay and but the money in some books. Not books about alternative BS (aka "I've understood some BS with my amazing imagination that scientists are to stupid to understand"), but about subjects with evidence.

I understand that the world seem simple to you and you belive you've figured it all out. It's completly normal for people that don't know shit. You might notice that the smart people don't give advice to everybody about everything here. That is simply because they are smart enough to know when to give advice and when to leave it. That work perfectly until some idiot logs on and start throwing arond their hypotheses about everything works according to their logics, vague "facts" and well meaning imagination. It's the product of ignorance and narcissism.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Shuriken Wrist Dispenser    Shuriken Wrist Dispenser  - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Mon Nov 04, 2013 10:01 pm

LMAO
Back to top Go down
Silent Defender

Silent Defender

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Shuriken Wrist Dispenser    Shuriken Wrist Dispenser  - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Mon Nov 04, 2013 10:14 pm

Urban Avenger wrote:
Vigilante spider used to carry around hard drive disks. They are comparable to shuriken without the stabby.
How is it that he used? I have one that I use as a mirror. It is very light, almost like a CD, but quite harder.
Back to top Go down
Urban Avenger

Urban Avenger

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Shuriken Wrist Dispenser    Shuriken Wrist Dispenser  - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Mon Nov 04, 2013 11:08 pm

In theory.. he would throw them.
Back to top Go down
Rook

Rook

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Shuriken Wrist Dispenser    Shuriken Wrist Dispenser  - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Wed Nov 06, 2013 12:57 pm

Might be relevant:

Back to top Go down
Gauge

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Non-RLSH

PostSubject: Re: Shuriken Wrist Dispenser    Shuriken Wrist Dispenser  - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Wed Nov 06, 2013 3:17 pm

This is extremely relevant, and a perfect illustration of applying the use of force continuum.  People with no other skills can only fall back on deadly force.
Back to top Go down
The Flame

Category :
  • Crime Fighter

PostSubject: Re: Shuriken Wrist Dispenser    Shuriken Wrist Dispenser  - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Thu Jan 02, 2014 10:03 pm

In case the shuriken idea is still under any consideration: instead of using paper or ordering real ones, try rubber ones.  They're heavy enough to pack a wallop if you decide to throw one at somebody as a distraction (at least my friend's were), but won't actually cut the person.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Shuriken Wrist Dispenser    Shuriken Wrist Dispenser  - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Thu Jan 02, 2014 10:43 pm

Awesome video Rook, thanks for sharing. Smile
Back to top Go down
Anyman

Anyman

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support
  • Non-RLSH

PostSubject: Re: Shuriken Wrist Dispenser    Shuriken Wrist Dispenser  - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sat Jan 04, 2014 12:39 am

Personally, I don't see shuriken of a rubber or paper variety as being any more useful than pellets from a paintball gun or something similar. Shuriken are made for the purpose of cutting and slight penetration; otherwise, it's just about as useful as anything else that can be thrown. It might even be a better idea than shuriken of any kind, except perhaps as some kind of multitool... even then, it would be safer to just buy a multitool of some kind.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Shuriken Wrist Dispenser    Shuriken Wrist Dispenser  - Page 2 Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Shuriken Wrist Dispenser
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Real Life Superheroes - The Forum :: General Information :: Skills-
Jump to: