Real Life Superheroes - The Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Real Life Superheroes - The Forum

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Improvised Weapons

Go down 
+4
nightmare
blueguardian
Urban Avenger
Equal
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

Improvised Weapons Empty
PostSubject: Improvised Weapons   Improvised Weapons Icon_minitime1Tue Nov 12, 2013 6:07 pm

Don't have a gun? Don't want one? Too awesome for one? Well next time your surrounded by twelve guys kicking you while your done you may reconsider and wish you had a gun. But you won't have one. Now, maybe you don't have a gun because of a government that is deluded enough to believe disarming citizens is a good idea. Whatever the reasons, you now find some perp trying to get into your panties or are in a much more severe situation without....any weapon, basically. Your brain would suffice as a weapon for maybe two or three of them, but the brain has difficulty keeping track of the variables in a situation where a lot of stuff is happening; injuries, shouting, incoming attacks from all angles, it gets just a little too overwhelming for the average human brain.

Thank god there's a chair over there. Grab it and start pushing fuckers back and swinging it widely to give yourself some breathing room finally. What's that over there? A tallish lamp post? Grab that and smash the bulb end upside someones head then use the electrical cord to choke the shit out of them. Tables are awesome for creating chaos and, obstacles, and potential cover. Oh, look, a fire extinguisher on the wall, that should make a nice blunt weapon.

And look over there, a ball point pen; I can only use my vivid imagination to the possibilities available with such a fine writing utensil in the heat of combat. Throw as many small objects at the ttackers that are in your reach. A bowel of candy, an ash tray, a dinner plate, an expensive victorian vase; it really doesn't matter what it is so long as you can hold your hand. Bonus points if it's a container with some intensely hot drink in it, like a jug of coffee or a pan of some nice boiling noodles. That'll knock 'em down a couple notches.

Any of them have thing on their belt? A leatherman perhaps? Rip that sucker of pack your fist with it. Other things you can pack your fists with are gravel, coins, sand, wet snow if you don't care about the cold, (which trust me, you won't give a rats ass about when you find yourself in this particular predicament).

If you smoke here are some cool tricks. First, obviously your lighters fit perfectly in the palm of your hands, like they were designed to be used to pack your fist. Thenthere's of course the 800 degree celsius temperures at the end of the cigerette, if you are grabbed in the middle of innocently enjoying a marlboro you can use the fire at the end of the cig effectively to loosen their grip, causing an instant withdrawal response (The same thing you do when you lay your hand across a hot stove; you retreat immediately and a colorful word or two slips out.

Magazines and newspapers are awesome, if you have two you now have a couple escrima sticks basically. If your in your car, be sure to keep the ice scraper by your door, not only can it be effective as a blunt object but that multi-pointy end is subject to some creative uses.

And hey why stop there; your entire car is a weapon. Someone trying to grab you from inside your car, you can break his limbs in your door by slamming it repeatedly. Youy can use your front bumper and thirty miles an hour to give him a little bump in the right direction.

Walls, floors, ceilings, doors, and windows are all deadly weapons as well.

In some places guns aren't an option, and so you have to improvise.

There are weapons all around you. When looking for an improvised weapon, you want it to be effective. Keys aren't effective, because they will cut up your hand, and they don't have a lot of stopping power. Thrusting a ball point as deep as you can into an assailants loins will stop him much more effectively. Cord, shoelace, chains are good for choking. Always try to choke your assailant. 15 to twenty seconds is plenty, any longer and you run risk of causing serious damage or even death. Just wait for him to start feeling heavier and let him slump over. They shouldn't be knocked out. I've choked a few people and usually they just look a little out of it for a second and/or throw up. You don't want them to be completely unconscious. Don't worry, they won't be able to put up much of a fight now.

So I don't ever wanna hear "Well I don't have a gun, I'm totally defensless" because now you know, if you didn't before, that there are weapons all over the place. Make it a game from now on. Whenever you enter a new room, scan it for all the possible weapons and their uses, exits, and entrances, reflective surfaces and obstacles.

--John
Back to top Go down

Improvised Weapons Empty
PostSubject: Re: Improvised Weapons   Improvised Weapons Icon_minitime1Tue Nov 12, 2013 6:22 pm

If you have some time and are in a large building (or any building with some kind of lounge or break room or recreation room perhaps) here's how to make a ranged prjectile impalment device. A sling shot basically.

You will need:
-A Dasani Water Bottle; abvailable at most vending machines.
-A latex inspection glove, available in most first aid kits which are available....pretty much everywhere.
-A coffee filter, available in almost every lounge in every building on the planet. Thank goodness for addiction.
-A lighter
-A bathroom, available everywhere.
-Knife or scissors (every man should have a leatherman multi tool on their belt, sheesh)

Step one. Cut off the top of the dasani water bottle so that you now have an open funnel. Step two. Cut off a finger on the glove and remove the wrist band. Step three. Secure the wrist band around the rubber finger around the spout of the dasani water bottle; it's a makeshift rubber band, kudos if you thought to pack rubber bands in your handy dandy utility belt beforehand. Step four. Hover the coffee filter above an open flame, not too close or it will go up in flames. You want to melt it, it will start getting mulchy. Step five. Mold the filter into a sharp stake off the proper size. Step six. Load the stake into the makeshift slingshot, find a target, pull back the finger, and let er rip.

If there are some canning jars and a snake bite kit nearby, get the pottassium permanganate from the kit, and with a fine brush coat the inside of the canning jar with the chemical and add a two or three drops of gasoline.

Canning jars are hard to break, but when it does the chemicals while mingle, causing a large explosion. If you can't have a gun you can have grenades (if the situation absolutely demands the use of explosives). Using explosives as a means to disperse a group of hostiles is more practical; dropping them from a tall building near there location, they'll probably scream like little girls and run away. If they don't.....they obviously aren't too bright, lol. XD

The message being....do whatever you have to. It doesn't matter if you have a gun or not, a gun just helps. if you completely disagree, go on your merry way. If you don't, I hope I have given you a rough idea to point you in the direction of your own training. Superheroes should have multiple, virtually limitless options. Knowledge is power. What you do with that knowledge determines and defines the hero you will become.
Back to top Go down
Equal

Equal

Improvised Weapons Empty
PostSubject: Re: Improvised Weapons   Improvised Weapons Icon_minitime1Tue Nov 12, 2013 7:45 pm

It don't have to be fancy. I've been given the head start I needed by throwing a bicycle at somebody.

Just grab something and use it any way that makes sense at the time. No time for thinking, just act.
Back to top Go down

Improvised Weapons Empty
PostSubject: Re: Improvised Weapons   Improvised Weapons Icon_minitime1Tue Nov 12, 2013 8:09 pm

Throwing a bicycle! Another improvised weapon! Nice. Smile

True, it needn't be fancy. Usually it shouldn't be, but it's good to have a fairly large arsenul of destructive ideas at your disposal for when all hell breaks loose and the fecal matter has officially come into contact with the oscilatory device.
Back to top Go down

Improvised Weapons Empty
PostSubject: Re: Improvised Weapons   Improvised Weapons Icon_minitime1Tue Nov 12, 2013 8:10 pm

I disagree with the no time for thinking though. Thinking is always a good idea, you just have to train yourself to think a little faster.
Back to top Go down
Equal

Equal

Improvised Weapons Empty
PostSubject: Re: Improvised Weapons   Improvised Weapons Icon_minitime1Tue Nov 12, 2013 8:15 pm

I'm a slow thinker, but a good improviser What a Face
Back to top Go down

Improvised Weapons Empty
PostSubject: Re: Improvised Weapons   Improvised Weapons Icon_minitime1Wed Nov 13, 2013 4:21 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] This has helped me out a lot. Fun too. Smile
Back to top Go down
Urban Avenger

Urban Avenger

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

Improvised Weapons Empty
PostSubject: Re: Improvised Weapons   Improvised Weapons Icon_minitime1Wed Nov 13, 2013 10:57 pm

Interesting.
Back to top Go down
blueguardian

blueguardian

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support

Improvised Weapons Empty
PostSubject: Re: Improvised Weapons   Improvised Weapons Icon_minitime1Fri Nov 15, 2013 6:25 am

One thing that's on my bucket list is to jump off the back of a bike into some one running away. I always thought that'd be awesome. Also if you look up ZombieGoBoom you can see a lot of improvised and actual weapons used on realistic head analogs. That helps to see what's good and what's too much for a human to handle. Also good in case of zombies :3
Back to top Go down
nightmare

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

Improvised Weapons Empty
PostSubject: Re: Improvised Weapons   Improvised Weapons Icon_minitime1Mon Jan 27, 2014 10:07 pm

Back to top Go down
nightmare

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

Improvised Weapons Empty
PostSubject: Re: Improvised Weapons   Improvised Weapons Icon_minitime1Mon Jan 27, 2014 10:11 pm

Back to top Go down

Improvised Weapons Empty
PostSubject: Re: Improvised Weapons   Improvised Weapons Icon_minitime1Tue Jan 28, 2014 1:47 am

Interesting. What's the thin stick made out of? The pipe can obviously do some damage. I'm not sure what that thing your spinning around your finger is, but it's more useful in your hand than around your finger; I could easily grab the weapon around your finger and snap your finger much more easily because you're basically giving me a handle and a lever. In your hand it could add more mass to your fist and make your strikes more powerful.

Don't strike to the face too many times, a hard punch to the gut is usually all it takes, could knock the wind out of them and from there you grab their clothing and throw them in a safe direction, buying you time to run to a well lit and public area for safety. The longer you're ina  violent encounter the more chance there is of all the party's getting hurt, remove yourself immediately or create a window to do so as quickly as humanly possible. The goal is not to fight.

The water bottle weight at the end of the rope could serve a couple purposes, if anything make your assailant more leary of getting too close to you out of fear of getting whapped in the face. Doesn't look like it could cause too much damage anymore than a mild impact. If you it it just right on the temple you may be able to render your attacker unconscious but the physics of the apparatus don't permit such fine control over it. The rope is useful for strangulation though, which is effective. Even moreso than striking, and not nearly as painful or messy.

As soon as someone wants to hurt you, don't immediately go to your weapons and assume a fighting stance. Run away, and hide. Do everything you can to run away and hide. Plan ahead for the situations and know your escape routes and safety zones. Don't let yourself get cornered or pulled into a fight, run away and hide.
Back to top Go down
MapleDefender

MapleDefender

Category :
  • Crime Fighter

Improvised Weapons Empty
PostSubject: Re: Improvised Weapons   Improvised Weapons Icon_minitime1Wed Jan 29, 2014 1:33 am

"The goal is not to fight"
Wrong, the goal is to neutralize any physical threat of harm to you or another human being.

How in the world you think advising someone that using an item for "strangulation" is more effective and acceptable over empty handed techniques is beyond comprehension.

"Run away, Run away and Hide"
Life isn't a crappy B-grade horror film. Pain is a response from which the human mind will control the human body to recoil from.

Unless your the master of body shots like Bas Ruttan and can shrivel someones liver with a punch the likelyhood of landing a crippling body shot is slim at best.

With a degree of certainty, if you try to Gut Shot-Hip Toss someone to run and hide, your going to find yourself cornered and pounded into an ambulance ride you will have to call for yourself after you wake up.

If you have a cell phone still.

Here's what you need to know:
-Your countries self defense laws
-your countries use of force laws
-an effective martial art that works for you and provides well rounded skills in the three ranges of fighting (Standing, Clinch, Ground)

Leave the offensive weapons alone, you will just end up in jail if you get caught

Protect yourself at all times.
Back to top Go down

Improvised Weapons Empty
PostSubject: Re: Improvised Weapons   Improvised Weapons Icon_minitime1Wed Jan 29, 2014 1:52 am

You don't have to hurt someone to neutralize them. Asphyxiation is prefered by me because it does less damage than punches and kicks. By cutting off the blood supply for ten to fifteen seconds, no longer than twenty seconds max, you take good amount of fight out of them and can leave the scene.
If I have to stike the solar plexus is an easy vital point to target, especially effective it struck with a slightly protruded knuckle followed by a defensive front kick to the stomach, just thrusting/pushing them a fair distance away from you while simultaneously turning to run in the opposite direction. 
If they're still coming after me and corner me, I'll draw my gun and tell them to back the hell of or I'll shoot. If they rush me I'm dropping to my knees and I will shoot them twice in the mid section. If they are still coming at me I will shoot them in the head. I won't fight unless it is absolutely necssary and I will go to severe lengths to avoid it.
Back to top Go down

Improvised Weapons Empty
PostSubject: Re: Improvised Weapons   Improvised Weapons Icon_minitime1Wed Jan 29, 2014 1:56 am

When it comes to someone trying to kill me or innocent people, I will do whatever it takes to stop them
Back to top Go down

Improvised Weapons Empty
PostSubject: Re: Improvised Weapons   Improvised Weapons Icon_minitime1Wed Jan 29, 2014 2:01 am

Starting with the least damaging to the most damaging. Most people will for sure stop trying to kill you after a bullet to the head but if for some wild reason they're a super freak I will step it up to vehicles, explosives and DTR missiles if that's what it takes.
Back to top Go down

Improvised Weapons Empty
PostSubject: Re: Improvised Weapons   Improvised Weapons Icon_minitime1Wed Jan 29, 2014 2:02 am

I'd be at a total loss if that failed to , lol. XD
Back to top Go down
nightmare

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

Improvised Weapons Empty
PostSubject: Re: Improvised Weapons   Improvised Weapons Icon_minitime1Wed Jan 29, 2014 7:59 pm

I only use my bat, chainlock and the spinning thing.
Back to top Go down
nightmare

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

Improvised Weapons Empty
PostSubject: Re: Improvised Weapons   Improvised Weapons Icon_minitime1Wed Jan 29, 2014 8:32 pm

Back to top Go down

Improvised Weapons Empty
PostSubject: Re: Improvised Weapons   Improvised Weapons Icon_minitime1Wed Jan 29, 2014 10:30 pm

Don't limit yourself to just those weapons. Seek to learn how to use a wide range of weapons. There's different levels of threats and different tools needed to get the job done.
Those weapons won't be of any use to you against the armored black clade psycopath turning the theater into swiss cheese with a machine gun 20 feet away from you. A gun might. MIGHT. That's how serious crap can get, sometimes even a gun isn't strong enough. I'd rather have a gun though if no other weapon. 
For now all you should be worrying about is training and getting an education. I don't reccomend anyone to patrol or put themselves and their families at risk, but if they do they should at least be legally an adult so that their family doesn't have to suffer any legal consequences of said superhero's actions should they make a mistake.
Back to top Go down
Anyman

Anyman

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support
  • Non-RLSH

Improvised Weapons Empty
PostSubject: Re: Improvised Weapons   Improvised Weapons Icon_minitime1Thu Jan 30, 2014 12:20 am

Weapons are, literally, all around you. If you really need a weapon, learn the basics on how to use all different kinds, and then you can improvise with anything you get your hands on.
Back to top Go down

Improvised Weapons Empty
PostSubject: Re: Improvised Weapons   Improvised Weapons Icon_minitime1Thu Jan 30, 2014 12:27 am

Precisely. Smile
Back to top Go down
Shade

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

Improvised Weapons Empty
PostSubject: Re: Improvised Weapons   Improvised Weapons Icon_minitime1Mon Jan 26, 2015 12:22 am

Legally, you're better off picking something that's perfectly reasonable for you to be carrying around every day and learning how to cause pain with it. In Australia, you are not legally allowed to carry certain offensive weapons full stop, and "self defence" is explicitly stated as not being an excuse. In my state, any "offensive article" carried for the use of self-defence is banned, and the police decide whether it's an offensive article or not when they arrive. If you can't say that there's a perfectly normal explanation for why you have it, you're looking at serious charges.

With that in mind, there's a few items most of us have at hand, and can unleash if it comes down to it. If all else fails, the items can be thrown at someone's face to buy you a second. Remember to always keep your response reasonable for the threat. That means if you gouge out a man's eye because he poked you in the chest, you're going to go jail.

Keys - I know "John" says they're a bad idea, but they're the current standard of security on our planet and literally everyone seems to have them.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

GRIP ONE - swipe like a tiger claw across someone's face. Bonus points for a cut above the eye, blood will get in your attacker's eye and take the fight out of most bullies.

GRIP TWO - punch the keys into an arm that's trying to grab you, a leg, ribs, whatever. It shouldn't pierce the skin so much as crush it, particularly over the bone.

GRIP THREE - you are now sword fighting with your key. Swipes, slashes are fine but remember a thrust is always faster than a slash, and gives your attacker less time to parry or react.

Belt - it's a weighted flexible weapon, which is the principle behind such kung fu weapons as the meteor hammer and dart rope, only utterly legal and no-one objects to you having a heavy buckle on a good leather strap wrapped around your waist. If your pants don't even need a belt, wear one anyway. Don't just swing it, crack it like a wet towel BUT WATCH OUT! Physics dictates that the forward momentum has to go somewhere, so if you don't hit something you might just feel what that belt buckle hitting flesh feels like. Practicing the technique beforehand is key.

Paper - paper is made of wood. Individually sheets of paper have little strength, but when folded enough paper can be incredibly dense. A broadsheet newspaper, folded twice and rolled tightly, was used in the first authorised hit the CIA ever took out on a KGB agent. The spy, years later, wrote that he had to have something he could carry into secure areas and that he had jammed the weapon into soft places on the enemy agent's body.

Pen - If you can afford one, there are such things as "tactical pens", built to withstand the rigors of combat and for some models even break glass, for things like car accident rescues. Still, any pen will do in a pinch.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

GRIP ONE - stab like an icepick
GRIP TWO - jab, thrust, as well as drag along exposed flesh as if you were lighting a match.

So there you have it. It's not as glamorous and memorable as an exploding boomerang, but you'll never suffer the indignity of being arrested and jailed after you the one defending yourself.
Back to top Go down
Gauge

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Non-RLSH

Improvised Weapons Empty
PostSubject: Re: Improvised Weapons   Improvised Weapons Icon_minitime1Tue Jan 27, 2015 2:51 pm

I have found a simple finger flick to the eyeball substantially reduces an opponent's ability to fight.
Back to top Go down

Improvised Weapons Empty
PostSubject: Re: Improvised Weapons   Improvised Weapons Icon_minitime1Tue Jan 27, 2015 3:09 pm

Dirt/sand in the eye works the same way, even pretending to do so will make the other person instinctively flinch.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Improvised Weapons Empty
PostSubject: Re: Improvised Weapons   Improvised Weapons Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Improvised Weapons
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Real Life Superheroes - The Forum :: General Information :: Training & Preparation-
Jump to: