Real Life Superheroes - The Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Real Life Superheroes - The Forum

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

What are you? Hero, Antihero, or Vigilante?

Go down 
+12
Apex Predator
Defie
The Great Pumpkin
Gauge
Urban Avenger
doormaster
DarkShadow
Anyman
pongo
Rook
adamm[]
omen
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
omen

omen

Category :
  • Non-RLSH

What are you? Hero, Antihero, or Vigilante? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What are you? Hero, Antihero, or Vigilante?   What are you? Hero, Antihero, or Vigilante? - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Sat Jul 26, 2014 10:22 pm

Ha! Is this a joke or a Troll?

Cool, I'll play along...

I am oil, I am fumes, I go VRROOMMM… I am the Hot Carburetor!

I am gray, I can squeak, I float upside down in the deepest of oceans… I am the Finless Dolphin!

I can’t think, I get mad, I have a taser and carry fighting sticks with an attitude… I am Dumb-as-Hell!!

Was there a point to being the G@d dang DarkShadow, other than saying absolutely nothing?!?

Don’t get me wrong, it was funny, but uhm… that’s all it was.

If you see grown-ups talking either contribute or go back outside and play with the kids. These guys on here have really gone out of their way to explore some deep topics and subject matters. I ask that you respect them with a healthy opinion to either explore, challenge, or support. Don't limit yourself to blurting out stupid stuff like that for no other reason than to be cool in your own mind, own space, and own hopes.

-Omen
Back to top Go down
Defie

Defie

Category :
  • Hero Support

PostSubject: Re: What are you? Hero, Antihero, or Vigilante?   What are you? Hero, Antihero, or Vigilante? - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Sun Jul 27, 2014 11:12 am

I thought it was funny.

After all, not everyone can be the god damn Batman.

What are you? Hero, Antihero, or Vigilante? - Page 3 He-s-the-goddamn-batman
Back to top Go down
DarkShadow

DarkShadow

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Hero Support

PostSubject: Re: What are you? Hero, Antihero, or Vigilante?   What are you? Hero, Antihero, or Vigilante? - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Sun Jul 27, 2014 2:34 pm

omen wrote:
Ha! Is this a joke or a Troll?

No Omen, a joke is story with a humorous climax,..or what we currently have sitting in the White House at the moment.

Was there a point to being the G@d dang DarkShadow, other than saying absolutely nothing?!?
Unless your blind, you might want to look at the name on my avatar. It says DarkShadow. Guess what...that's who I am.

Don’t get me wrong, it was funny, but uhm… that’s all it was.
Glad to see you have a sense of humor.

If you see grown-ups talking either contribute or go back outside and play with the kids. These guys on here have really gone out of their way to explore some deep topics and subject matters. I ask that you respect them with a healthy opinion to either explore, challenge, or support. Don't limit yourself to blurting out stupid stuff like that for no other reason than to be cool in your own mind, own space, and own hopes.

Hey Omen *wiggles finger*..come here,

I'm one of the RLSH Originals son, although i don't use the title, (I'm an X-Alt, which is short for Extreme Altruist) I've been doing stuff like this longer than you have been alive, (since 9/11, i've decided to suit up only recently) ok? I AM an adult, have 2 children, and will do anything to protect, defend and nurture them. I'm also a damn handsome and manly dude i I do say so myself.

I have the utter respect and admiration of every member of this board, and I return the favor to every single one of them as well. As for limiting myself, I spend my time researching, tinkering, designing, sketching out such unimportant things like battle-suits, belts, weapons, real ones, not little tidbits that you may or may not see floating around here, but functional ones, and additional items to boot. I devote my spare time actually being out there, night missions, seeing, observing, recording, analyzing information, etc. I just don't need to advertise it much. I'm not bragging, but i highly doubt that you can compete on my level. I suffer many setbacks, but still try to press forward, even when my back is really held up tight against the wall. I have training and never stop. Some of the stuff i know and managed to come across over time would keep you up at night, and would turn you gray. Don't assume that just cuz I can come across a little odd or belligerent that I don't have the ways and means to back it up....i do. And I'd gladly lay down my life for any fellow RLSH, male or female, just to prove a point if the need arose. Do me a favor little man...try to stay on my good side, I'm not well known for putting up with the idiot's of society, I deal with them on a daily basis, dealing with one more won't phase me one bit...

DarkShadow out

Back to top Go down
Draco

Category :
  • Crime Fighter

PostSubject: Re: What are you? Hero, Antihero, or Vigilante?   What are you? Hero, Antihero, or Vigilante? - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Sun Jul 27, 2014 2:50 pm

@Dark the way you just said everything, makes me highly doubt your an adult of any kind. Or even a real hero for that matter. A real hero, wouldnt be sitting onling saying "Your not on my level" or trying to brag about how "handsome and manly" you are. Thats just childish and stupid in my opinion. It just makes me think your a joke. Your not really helping yourself in this type of situation. Your making yourself seem like a joke, and making me highly doubt you've really seen any action, because if you did, you wouldnt be so foolish as to just spit it out everywhere, I've met people who have gone through traumatic things growing up, some of my very own bestfriends had to live hard and damaging lives and some even resorted to crime as a simple kid. Most of them grew up to learn to forget their past, but they dont go willy nilly saying "Oh hey yea i've seen some stuff and im bad ass and all that, and im better than you, you couldnt get up to my level cause you havent seen anythign as bad as me". They rarely talk about thier past or use it to make themselves feel bigger, they only use it to remind them whats right, not to use in some stupid little arguement. Thats mainly how I know your probably just bsing almost every sentence you said, because if you really did go through some hellish things, you wouldnt be so foolish or ignorant
Back to top Go down
Defie

Defie

Category :
  • Hero Support

PostSubject: Re: What are you? Hero, Antihero, or Vigilante?   What are you? Hero, Antihero, or Vigilante? - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Sun Jul 27, 2014 3:59 pm

Geez. Some people just can't take a joke anymore.

@Draco I wouldn't go about lecturing one of the biggest players in the development of the RLSH like he was some petulant teenager if I were you. It comes off sounding a bit conceded. It also sounds like if you're just piggybacking off of omen's rebuttal because it sounded cool and smart or something.

This idea that seeing some "action" requires that you to lack a sense of humor is a complete non-sequitur, and seeing "traumatic" things does not make you Batman. Just about everyone here has experienced some dark shit, but heroes don't wear their drama on their sleeve like a badge of honor; they rise above it. A hero learns from the darkness of their lives in order to erase that darkness from the lives of others.

I swear, sometimes you guys need to pull that chrome-plated 3-foot rod out of your asses and chill out. One joke about being handsome did not warrant such an over-the-top response.
Back to top Go down
Draco

Category :
  • Crime Fighter

PostSubject: Re: What are you? Hero, Antihero, or Vigilante?   What are you? Hero, Antihero, or Vigilante? - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Sun Jul 27, 2014 6:06 pm

I did not say it doesnt make them like Batman, or that it requires a lack of sense of humour, it just means he doesnt have to be as ignorant as he is. And I'm not piggy backing off of omens rrebuttal because it sounded cool, I responded to DarkShadow because of how childish anr ignorant his response was. I get it was a joke the first time he posted, I dont really care about that, it was his response that made me make the post, I get when he may be joking sometimes, but if you read his response clearly i highly doubt his response was just some simple "joke". He's just trying to make himself sound badass and trying to tell another rlsh that hes some how not in his "league" because of some bs things is just selfish and foolish.
Back to top Go down
Defie

Defie

Category :
  • Hero Support

PostSubject: Re: What are you? Hero, Antihero, or Vigilante?   What are you? Hero, Antihero, or Vigilante? - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Sun Jul 27, 2014 6:53 pm

Draco wrote:
I get it was a joke the first time he posted, I dont really care about that, it was his response that made me make the post, I get when he may be joking sometimes, but if you read his response clearly i highly doubt his response was just some simple "joke". He's just trying to make himself sound badass and trying to tell another rlsh that hes some how not in his "league" because of some bs things is just selfish and foolish.

Given the caliber of condescension in Omen's response, I'd say that DarkShadow's reply was not only expected, but warranted.  Cool

Omen's response, though understandable, was completely unnecessary. We could have gotten back on the dramatic debate about heroism and sacrifice and whatever else by just ignoring the post altogether.
Back to top Go down
Draco

Category :
  • Crime Fighter

PostSubject: Re: What are you? Hero, Antihero, or Vigilante?   What are you? Hero, Antihero, or Vigilante? - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Sun Jul 27, 2014 7:22 pm

Or Dark Shadow could have you know, just use common sense on not make a stupid reply on a serious topic?
Back to top Go down
omen

omen

Category :
  • Non-RLSH

PostSubject: Re: What are you? Hero, Antihero, or Vigilante?   What are you? Hero, Antihero, or Vigilante? - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Sun Jul 27, 2014 8:09 pm

Thank you, Draco.

DarkShadow… while it was nice for you to share your history and boasts, my complaint was about your message.

Go back and read it.

Once you have done that, go back and read it again from the aspect of another who knows nothing about you. Now digest the simplicity as to how it has no function, no place, and acts merely as an advertisement of distraction.

It’s kind of like an angry kid spray painting a wall in a community that others have worked to build up and are still working to improve things.

Your message honestly lacked value. You can’t demand respect by popping up on various threads with comments such as this… you garnish respect by giving it and sharing the wisdom you gained from all of your ‘so-called’ adventures, that are, 'out of my league'.

Now, about that…

I usually try to stay above the comparison stuff or even waste my time trying to prove who is ‘manlier’, but I would like to share a bit with you. You stand to piss and sit to crap just like the rest of us. You have your way of doing things and I have mine. You being a hero since 9-11 is cool and I salute you… but please know, I was there in Desert Shield/Storm. Before that, I grew up in a place where we were simply crabs-in-a-bucket and we had just as many hard times as many others in this nation.

In my life I have done things that I will always atone for. I have NOTHING to brag about when it comes to my days in the darkness and my actions.

I have NEVER said or asked to be a RLSH. I have simply admired them. I have NEVER claimed the title, but I was willing to expose myself as a gateway for reporters so that they could get to know them without exposing their identities. To this day I have NEVER given up any RLSH identity that has been entrusted to me.

Instead, I have always participated in thoughtful discussions and created posts which have invited others to share their stories and wisdom. I know that the reporters are always watching me, so I am VERY aware as to what I do.

Have you tried to create discussions such as this?
Have you tried to engage in discussions such as this?
Have you actually tried to do anything more than leave your comments and get angry when people call you out on them?
Go back through this entire forum and read your posts. Some are okay, while others... questionable.

Now, go back and read mine.

I don't claim to be right or wrong... I give what I can and enjoy the return in knowledge and intellect that is shared.

Trying to participate in a community does NOT require that I have seen action, worked-out, suited up, or place you above another. It simply requires a desire to know more, ask questions, and to respect others. Once that bond is broken… ‘YES’, I have the freedom to speak on an interruption of uselessness, backed by a barrage of boasts… as you have displayed.

If you want to come to this meeting table and communicate like a member; know that you are welcomed and there is always an empty chair waiting. Bring your knowledge and ideas… and we will be more than anxious to listen.

If not..? Cool. STFU, leave the room, and close the door behind you. There are other rooms with things going on that would enjoy your boasts, and ‘spray-painted’ comments.

-Omen, “Respect is a gift to be given and a present to be earned!”
Back to top Go down
Draco

Category :
  • Crime Fighter

PostSubject: Re: What are you? Hero, Antihero, or Vigilante?   What are you? Hero, Antihero, or Vigilante? - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Sun Jul 27, 2014 8:40 pm

^^^^^ Very well said Omen
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What are you? Hero, Antihero, or Vigilante?   What are you? Hero, Antihero, or Vigilante? - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Sun Jul 27, 2014 11:09 pm

Lol, I have to admit, I winced when you talked to DS like that lol; it was expected. He's not a saint, but he's a veteran rlsh and has my respect. I find it hilarious how seriously a lot of people take themselves on here. This should never have been blown up the way it was; after DS initial post folks would continue to see the header on the main site go here to post their thoughts on it, and not even notice that post but may give it a wry chuckle./ But now most of the page has been taken up on it. Wow.
Back to top Go down
Anyman

Anyman

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support
  • Non-RLSH

PostSubject: Re: What are you? Hero, Antihero, or Vigilante?   What are you? Hero, Antihero, or Vigilante? - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Mon Jul 28, 2014 2:11 am

On the plus side, it seems to have shaken our friend out of the notion of being a villain. At least, so it would seem.
Back to top Go down
omen

omen

Category :
  • Non-RLSH

PostSubject: Re: What are you? Hero, Antihero, or Vigilante?   What are you? Hero, Antihero, or Vigilante? - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Mon Jul 28, 2014 12:56 pm

This is something I posted back in June under one of our other topics:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Link: http://www.therlsh.net/t10936-what-has-happened-the-the-rlsh-movement

When I first interacted with the RLSH Movement, it was hungry, positive, exciting, and inspiring. When the in-fighting started everything fell to pieces. The weaknesses were exposed by those seeking to exploit the Movement, as well as those who saw it as a direct path to power and respect… because they lacked it in their real lives.

The masks made them powerful; being anonymous behind a keyboard made them gods.

In the real world, they were deviants… online, they became terrors as their sarcasm, negativity, and attacks became a little more than virtual bullying. This became the norm in the community.

This led to the purpose being shrouded as RLSHs gained more-and-more strength to express their anger towards others without a system of checks-and-balances to curb their rage.
The final piece was when the Reporters came in. They played everyone against each other and delivered piss-poor popularity to those that were the biggest jerks. This led to rise of our young ‘proud-to-be’ Vigilante ranks within the movement.

Their biggest battle was with the ‘System’ itself. They became determined to be Batman, Wolverine, or the Punisher without understanding that one is a billionaire, the other, a mutant with godlike healing, and a trained Navy Seal with a dead family and endless amounts of weapons and funding. They were comic-book characters.

They fought so hard to be individuals, until conversations of ‘Teams’ and teamwork became equivalent to debates on religion. Things did not go well. Once again, it became obvious that the Purpose was lost.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It intrigued me when I stumbled upon it while researching the history of posts left by Dark Shadow. No one likes the idea of bullying whether it virtual or not. I understand that bullying is a natural part of culture, I also know that it is a choice. I do NOT care if Dark Shadow is a veteran, a new guy, or whatever... NO ONE SHOULD BE MAKING THREATS on this board whether they are indirect or direct!!

This is a threat: "Do me a favor little man...try to stay on my good side, I'm not well known for putting up with the idiot's of society, I deal with them on a daily basis, dealing with one more won't phase me one bit..."

Let me make myself absolutely clear... I have NO fear of Dark Shadow! I did NOT take this issue to another level, I responded to an ignorant interruption. This has nothing to do with whether it was a joke or not... HE, as a veteran, should have placed himself in check, before he delivered his threat. I have gone through the history of his posts and I see that the common technique for dealing with his rudeness has been largely to ignore him. My question is... 'Is this what RLSHs do?'

That is the heart and soul of this debate. I was concerned about an individual calling himself a VILLAIN while having a presence on this board. Very few have challenged the VILLAIN or even try to work with him to understand that he is NOT a villain.

Others have ignored the bullying and rudeness of people like Dark Shadow simply because he considers himself a veteran (within his own mind). In the past, when we had guys come here speaking on killing, we addressed it. When we had jerks, we addressed them. When we had vigilantes... we addressed them. When we stopped addressing them and respect was allowed to slip until it was lost... many of the TRUE veterans left! What we have now, is a different generation, in which many RLSHs are choosing to ignore these things that create hurt and fear. They stand down to individuals such as Dark Shadow, mainly because of the strength of his rudeness. Assholes CHOOSE to be evil and are proud of it. Some of them have perfected it so long, until they don't even know that what they are doing is evil.

EVIL: Wickedness; Selfishness at the detriment of others

What are you going to do Dark Shadow? Kick my butt for calling you out on the ignorance of your statement? Check yourself with your threats. Step to me with your grievance presented in a way for understanding and acceptance and you will ALWAYS have my ear. Step to me with force and know, that I am not one to back away from your push.

-Omen, "Heroes aren't made during good times." - The Elite Forces Division
Back to top Go down
Draco

Category :
  • Crime Fighter

PostSubject: Re: What are you? Hero, Antihero, or Vigilante?   What are you? Hero, Antihero, or Vigilante? - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Mon Jul 28, 2014 1:33 pm

Honestly I highly doubt anything he says is true. From what I've read on some of his older post, he just acts too childish to honestly seem like some threatening man. Dont get me wrong, I know people who have gone through hard times and are still ignorant, but they dont use that in their arguements, mainly because if it was a hard time they dont usually speak of it, much less be foolish enough to try and brag about it. They dont brag about it, they use it to strengthen them or try to forget about it, not blaintly say "Oh guys im a veteran ive been doing this forever and have seen the darkest things ever, arent I just so badass?" No thats just what plain bullshit assholes say. Honestly especailly if hes threataning other RLSH, that just proves how stupid he really has to be, to say hes somehow "fighting criminals and giving justice" and all that when next he threatens someone whos also trying to help others. The first post may have been a joke, but if you read his second post, that doesnt seem like a joke, more like foolishness and irrogance
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What are you? Hero, Antihero, or Vigilante?   What are you? Hero, Antihero, or Vigilante? - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Mon Jul 28, 2014 4:38 pm

You're all strangers. You don't understand one another's hopes, dreams, fears, or experiences. You have little room to judge a person you have never met, text makes some people almost inhuman, it tricks into forgetting that we are all individulal human beings with an amazing story to share. It's easy to point fingers and call faults, sometimes necessary, but everyone has strengths, our emotions blind us to this at times. For a fun game, try thinking of others strengths, especially strangers and people you don't get along with. It's a lot harder, you actually have to get to know the person, and for many, that can be scary; it's easier to criticize, blame, and confront, than it ever is to connect.
Back to top Go down
omen

omen

Category :
  • Non-RLSH

PostSubject: Re: What are you? Hero, Antihero, or Vigilante?   What are you? Hero, Antihero, or Vigilante? - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Mon Jul 28, 2014 5:59 pm

Once again, you are correct, Hero-Man… but I would like to ask for a chance to explore what you have stated from a slightly different point of view.

Since the beginning of time the written word has always been one of the most powerful ‘masks’ while delivering an opinion or statement. It has had the ability to give hope, take hope, communicate, build, crush, love, and hate; and it has accomplished all of this through each word recorded and freely given.

It is a very powerful mask.

There is a lot that one can learn about a person through their words. Some may not be able to write well and yet move the mightiest of hearts. Some can write perfect and say a little less than nothing. When these words written can be delivered in an anonymous environment, what dwells in a person’s heart is now given courage by the mask of the text typed.

There is ALWAYS something to observe when a person answers a question which invites an opinion. This is what my post was about. Explore the answers and it becomes obvious that one’s personality and traits sit just behind the depth of the words they type.

Patience can be found behind words of understanding, hope behind inspiration, and forgiveness behind compassion.

One thing I have learned and will never forget, is how well the public (Reporters) knew this and used it to divide us. A person who speaks upon a topic continually is one wishing it to reality, or running from it in despair. The words we use are merely our mask.

Some write fast and ‘click’ to post even faster in order to get their thoughts in front of the eyes of others… many of them are led by emotion and guided by impulse. Some write as best they can and focus on the message, even when the writing is flawed… they tend not to let their words hinder them as they are determined to share what’s in their heart. These are the masks we wear.

If Dark Shadow’s word are his mask… then what does it say about the individual wearing it? This same concept applies to me as well and all others who have chosen to share themselves in this community.

Your words are your masks; wear them well.

-Omen
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What are you? Hero, Antihero, or Vigilante?   What are you? Hero, Antihero, or Vigilante? - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Mon Jul 28, 2014 6:35 pm

We can form opinions about individual via their words, we can imagine and rationalize what it might be like in their head, but we can't know because we're not them, and likely way off the mark. 
I feel words are a part of a system of communication, not really masks. Masks are used primarily to hide identities, emotion, or intent; using words to "mask" these traits or others is simply lying and manipulation. Or denial, it really depends on the person; I don't like mincing words or speaking metaphorically/allegorically, too confusing. 

Always keep in mind that irritability and poor judgment can often be symptoms of low oxygen or bloodsugar levels; never let a human's attitude affect your ability to operate in a proffesional and rational manner.
Back to top Go down
omen

omen

Category :
  • Non-RLSH

PostSubject: Re: What are you? Hero, Antihero, or Vigilante?   What are you? Hero, Antihero, or Vigilante? - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Mon Jul 28, 2014 7:29 pm

We are accountable for what we write as we are responsible for what we say. We do NOT have to be someone else to understand someone else, as well as we do not have to be on the mark. This is very important when it comes to considering the internet.

Why?

Because jobs, careers, and livelihoods have been lost from single comments on the internet (Facebook, Twitter, etc.). Because kids are NOT banned on this forum and are often attracted to it because of their love for heroes. And most importantly… because there is no ‘DELETE’ key on the internet. Data can be removed, but not erased.

The very next time a costumed person hits the headlines on the news, Reporters will be scouring this site for target people and comments to use as a weapon against the entire sub-culture.

We ARE here to form opinions, which is WHY it is so important to ask what we want to know and to invite others to share. Forming an opinion is a part of human nature. Listen to how many people on here, calling themselves RLSHs, say (write) rude, degrading, and near-slanderous things about the leader of our nation. There is a big difference in disagreeing with our President and/or having a healthy discussion about politics… but what does it say, when a Real Life Super HERO makes a lowly comment with no base of truth or validity about our President?

Is that inspirational? Should that rude comment be HERE for kids to read, learn, and look up to?

This is NOT an adult forum. It is an OPEN forum.

When words are written anonymously to deliver a message, they act as a mask. The message may be clear, but the identity of its creator is cloaked.

I apologize for the metaphors, I merely use them to illustrate my concepts. I will try to work on that. I admit that my professionalism was shaken and I hold myself accountable for that. I am actually sorry that this entire episode has gone this long…

But I am NOT sorry for the great material it has produced.
I will try to work harder to be better in the future.

-Omen
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What are you? Hero, Antihero, or Vigilante?   What are you? Hero, Antihero, or Vigilante? - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Mon Jul 28, 2014 7:45 pm

I can understand those views, thanks for clarifying. I agree superheroes definitely need to hold themselves to hold themselves to a much higher standard than average citizens and even average heroes, I have a unique ideal on what a superhero needs to be. It's a near impossible standard, nobody here has lived up to it as far as I can tell, including myself. The world is still waiting for it's first legitimate superhero in my mind. We should all strive to become better, in every way we can.
Back to top Go down
The Great Pumpkin

The Great Pumpkin

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: What are you? Hero, Antihero, or Vigilante?   What are you? Hero, Antihero, or Vigilante? - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Mon Jul 28, 2014 7:48 pm

Humility falls on some of us easily; others must tout their merits, seeking acceptance from others to learn it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What are you? Hero, Antihero, or Vigilante?   What are you? Hero, Antihero, or Vigilante? - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Mon Jul 28, 2014 10:28 pm

Back on topic. I want to be the Hero Type, to an extreme, but the problem is humans fluctuate, we are our own worst enemy. I don't want to feel like a vigilante/antihero, but it's hard for me given my experiences in life so far; hard to feel optimistic like I used to back when I believed anything was possible, I miss that a lot and want to feel that childlike enthusiasm again. I caught myself asking 'What's happened to me?' and decided there are changes to be made, more questions to ask.
Back to top Go down
nightmare

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: What are you? Hero, Antihero, or Vigilante?   What are you? Hero, Antihero, or Vigilante? - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Tue Jul 29, 2014 8:08 pm

A Grey Hat Hacker and a vigilante, just like in watchdogs but yeah, i am a grey hat hacker and a vigilante at the same time
Back to top Go down
nightmare

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: What are you? Hero, Antihero, or Vigilante?   What are you? Hero, Antihero, or Vigilante? - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Tue Jul 29, 2014 8:10 pm

Keep this in mind, I haven't beaten up somebody else and i am not planning to be a 'Punisher-wannabes' Just like those guys in fb. I'm someone trying to make things right IN a correct way as possible.
Back to top Go down
Anyman

Anyman

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support
  • Non-RLSH

PostSubject: Re: What are you? Hero, Antihero, or Vigilante?   What are you? Hero, Antihero, or Vigilante? - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Wed Jul 30, 2014 12:58 am

A young man, in his earlier years, looked up the definition of "Vigilante". He'd heard the word used to describe some of his favourite heroes. These heroes were so wonderful to him, because they had the power to do what he would, but never felt he could.

His father used to tell him harrowing tales about life in the big city, during a revolutionary time in American history. He used to share tales about the Hell that was the jungle, during a period of war. He used to go into detail about his adventures after the war, traveling across the country, always looking for his niche and never finding it, saving lives and kicking butt along the way. Deep down inside, this young man wanted to be like his father, because his father personified everything the most effective heroes were to him; if that was what a "vigilante" was, then he was bound and determined to become one.

He was shocked to find out what the real meaning was. Originally, a "vigilante" was someone who kept a close watch on his or her community. Often, they took the law into their own hands, but they did so well within the confines of what their local laws said they had the right to do. They didn't go around killing dangerous criminals in their homes, blowing up the property they used on a regular basis, destroying the lives of their loved ones - innocent, or guilty, - but instead, they organized what would later become known as "neighborhood watches" and "security companies". They knew that no mortal man is worthy of meting out vengeance; instead, they focused on preserving security and enforcing justice, often working hand-in-hand with their government.

It would be many years later that this young man would grow past his rage. He would learn that there was more than one way to skin a cat. He would learn that there are more important things than vengeance. He would learn a different way to take the Punisher's quote from his 2004 movie:

"This is not vengeance. Revenge is not a valid motive; it's an emotional response. No, not vengeance... Punishment."
Back to top Go down
Gauge

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Non-RLSH

PostSubject: Re: What are you? Hero, Antihero, or Vigilante?   What are you? Hero, Antihero, or Vigilante? - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Wed Jul 30, 2014 1:05 am

To what degree do you feel "correct" action is influenced by your environment? Our options are different in the USA compared with the Philippines or Juarez, Mexico. What is correct to you, Nightmare? How do you plan to combat crime?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What are you? Hero, Antihero, or Vigilante?   What are you? Hero, Antihero, or Vigilante? - Page 3 Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

What are you? Hero, Antihero, or Vigilante?
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next