Real Life Superheroes - The Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Real Life Superheroes - The Forum

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

con

Go down 
+4
Gauge
Amphiptere
Anyman
nightmare
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
omen

omen

Category :
  • Non-RLSH

con - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: con   con - Page 4 Icon_minitime1Mon Dec 23, 2013 2:45 am

In this specific situation, I find myself agreeing with Hamilton, Nightmare; his points were strong. What makes your situation ‘commonly unique’ is that there are multiple issues and challenges going on that you should NOT be depending on us to solve. We are anonymous.

There is no guarantee that we have your best interests at heart, because no one knows you and the vice-versa. I’m from the old school in which we believe, ‘Look a man in the eyes and you’ll hear his heart. Shake his hand and you’ll see his strength. Listen to his words and you’ll feel his resolve.’

Right now, you have made everything you’re going through personal. This leads to selfish decision making and enemies. Both of these components can potentially be dangerous when acting in a group, or even worse… if you’re leading the team.

An effective leader is professional. He places the mission first, his team next, and himself last. In order to lead, he masters the art of following. He is always working to better himself while his team is relaxing. He is striving to set the example at all times because he has chosen to serve others. He does research, he studies, and he understands his weaknesses in order to build himself.

This leads to SELFLESS decision-making and opponents.

Through this path, his choices can be made by applying rational thinking and logic… not emotion.

Not to be rude, but I don’t think that you have that capability, right now. What you are typing on this post belies your true intent. If you go to the other posts you have recently placed on other sections of the site, you have jumped right back into comments on kicking ass and taking names. You are SO stuck on beating people up, until your mind is closed to any other possibilities of action.

You merely ask for help, because it makes you ‘seem’ to want it, but as soon as someone describes an action taken in other situations, you are right back on the barrel talking about weapons, armor, and violence.

Right now, you have not displayed the ability or true desire to separate Personal and Professional.

While what I am saying seems harsh, let me tell you why…

Because I’ve been down that path. What started as something noble, led me into the backwoods with a gun, a drug-dealer who was destroying my neighborhood, a bit of money sitting in his car, and an impulsive decision made from emotion. Not squeezing the trigger was one of the hardest things I ever had to do.

It was my father’s voice in my head that stopped me, along with the fear and confusion on my friends face who was watching me… and who looked up to me.

I let that man live.

My friend is gone. Not from that incident, but from an ambush not too long after. My lesson learned…

I may not be able to control every situation, but I can control myself within a situation. I was accountable for my actions and responsible for my life and those that have chosen to follow my lead.

I’ve lost quite a bit of friends in this brutal journey called life, but I have gained even more.

You are not alone in your situation. Your challenges are no worse than the person beside you. It is all about how you choose to handle them. If you are going to lead… then LEAD! If you are going to follow, then follow one going in the path that will teach you, better you, and give you the wisdom you need. If you don’t want to do either, then man-up, stop whining and blaming the world. Become the strong individual that you need to be by learning whom you are and researching the direction you need to go.

Learn how to be a professional and know that you are ALWAYS being watched.

Stop asking for help and posting about kicking ass!!

-Omen, “Heroes aren’t made during good times!” – The Elite Forces Division
Back to top Go down

con - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: con   con - Page 4 Icon_minitime1Mon Dec 23, 2013 5:13 am

Well said. A side note on operational leadership. As firefighters we are trained to place ourselves first, our teammates next, then citizens then property last, the mission is whatever your orders are when the chopper drops your butt off in wildfire in the middle of nowhere and flies away for three weeks. Standard Operating Procedures revolve around safety first, always. Our orders are to run like hell when the fire is too big to fight. I've incorporated my firefighter training to aspects of daily life, a lot of us tend to.
Back to top Go down
omen

omen

Category :
  • Non-RLSH

con - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: con   con - Page 4 Icon_minitime1Mon Dec 23, 2013 11:30 am

You know what, Hamilton? I think you have just hit on a valuable topic that would be well worth a discussion here:

Leadership, and its different styles.

As a Firefighter, your priorities are much more different than ours. In the Marine Corps, “To die on the battlefield without a mission is to die in vain!’ in other words, the mission is everything. It is our purpose for being where we are, as well as our gateway home.

I know it sounds rough, but the mission even comes before the men. After all, without it we wouldn’t be there in the first place. We, like you, fight and die for the man beside us, we also fight as one to accomplish the same goal, to protect and save lives. The difference between us, is nothing more than our opponents and enemies.

Not every mission can be accomplished. There are times in which a mission can be compromised and beyond the point in which it can be accomplished… this is where Leadership becomes that much more important. It is a difficult decision for a leader to make when it comes to admitting failure or retreating - as much as the decision to move on when a man is down, or to sacrifice for something which means very little to others.

There is an art to this type of decision-making, which makes the very essence of Leadership the thread in the creation of this type of tapestry. Leaders are just as important as leadership… and, for those scratching their heads on that weird comment… ‘Yes’, there is a difference.

Take Nightmare, for example: He might be in a position in which he is a leader, but does that mean that he has leadership? Leaders are not born; they are appointed by others and they are made by self-choice.

Leaders inspire, which is why Firemen are motivating. When you think of them, the first thing to come to mind is COURAGE; for Police it’s DUTY, for Doctors it is TRUST, and for Real Live Superheroes… it is HONOR.

Honor… “For what they promise, you can trust that they will carry it out.”

This is the foundation of this community. This is what it hinges on. We are amidst a group of anonymous, masked, figures who have chosen to serve something greater than themselves while working to earn the public trust. Their costumes are their uniforms and their actions define their intent. Every word spoken or written by a member of this group is viewed, under the microscope, as validation to their intent, because, for the public… that is ALL that we have.

When a comment is made by ones identifying themselves as a RLSH, a promise is subtly made that they will do the things that they say. This is how one knows the level of HONOR that resides in their heart.

If a person jumps to comment about bashing heads on patrol, we can trust that his actions will HONOR those words. This is absolutely SCARY to the public to hear. When a RLSH encounters an altercation and there are a slew of reply comments, about weapons, armor, and martial arts WITHOUT them being proceeded by words, such as, Safety, Neutralize, Respect, Rights, and Professional, an image is created to the public based upon what actions they perceive the community as HONORING.

This is WHY it is so important for the veterans to have a voice here. Without them, this board will merely degrade into the classic macho-bragging rights-living out of fantasies-lying-sarcastic-and bullying arena.

Being true is never easy and being ‘Good’ is even harder!

-Omen, “Heroes aren’t made during good times!” – The Elite Forces Division   
Back to top Go down
nightmare

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

con - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: con   con - Page 4 Icon_minitime1Tue Dec 24, 2013 8:14 pm

How would I be a professional leader if the team I lead kept claiming that he is the leader or not following my orders?
Back to top Go down

con - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: con   con - Page 4 Icon_minitime1Tue Dec 24, 2013 8:31 pm

You need to make them want you to be the leader, Nightmare. That takes serious time and experience and the ability to stay cool and make sound and safe descisions. Your team mate doesn't feel you are ana dequate leader. You should ask him, politely, why he feels that way and have a civil discussion on what you may be able to do better instead. A leader takes care of their team, if a member is unhappy, it should be immediate priority and be treated with care as it can destroy a whole unit, putting all of your lives in jeapordy. Occasionally in the military team mates shoot the leader when they are jeapordizing the mission. In firefighting, tensions are high and this past summer one of my team mates tried taking a pulaski to the Crew Boss. He wasn't fired, as eruptions amongst teams are really common because of the intensity of the situations your in on a daily basis. In the public eye we are all business and professionality, in the middle of nowhere, on the line, we act differently, but we all go through the same thing and even after fighting and screaming and crying together, we come out of it brothers.

That's some awesome words there, Omen. Smile

On difficult descision making, at least in the firefighting business, we go in with one mission and in the unfolding of the following events we have multiple missions, some in different areas; I was on the Moon Lake fire down south and then me and some others were called to defend an indian reservation on tetlin ridge, not sure how far it was but far enough we had to take a helicopter from Tok Forestry Base. It gets a little tricky keeping track of all the different things going on, sometimes you feel helpless because a part of your town is on fire where people you care about are but your orders are to be on a fire hundreds of miles away for 21 days. When we have to make difficult descisions we simplify it by simply changing the mission. If the mission is "Fight the fire." and circumstances prevent us from doing it safely and/or effectively, the new mission is "Retreat to safety." We always have a mission. For most of us, our basic, fundamental ongoing mission is "Do what your told." Sometimes we can't though because what we're being told to do is...well, stupid. XD My basic missions are, follow orders, and dig, lol; find a fire and start digging a ditch around it lol.

In real life this can be applied as a metaphore for battling any enemy; simply cut off his resources. In this case our enemies resources are root systems and various fuel types, if we take those away the enemy is defeated safely and rapidly. More effective than going toe to toe with the fire in a fist fight, lol. Wink
Back to top Go down
nightmare

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

con - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: con   con - Page 4 Icon_minitime1Tue Dec 24, 2013 8:48 pm

This guys are Filipinos. What could you expect?
Back to top Go down

con - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: con   con - Page 4 Icon_minitime1Tue Dec 24, 2013 10:17 pm

What do you mean?
Back to top Go down
nightmare

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

con - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: con   con - Page 4 Icon_minitime1Tue Dec 24, 2013 10:41 pm

They are sometimes stubborn. Now, I'm right here in this place and I miss heading out on patrol again.
Back to top Go down

con - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: con   con - Page 4 Icon_minitime1Tue Dec 24, 2013 11:04 pm

You need either a less stubborn team, or better leadership skills. Regardless, I really don't feel you should be patroling at your age. You have more important things you need to be focussing on. Eliminate your bad habits and be a good and just influence, make your family happy and proud, commit to being the best student for your teachers and classmates. Jus this short list, if you put in the effort and stayed true to it, would change the world around you in amazing ways. I can promise you that Now all you have to do is make a choice. A very important choice.
Back to top Go down
nightmare

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

con - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: con   con - Page 4 Icon_minitime1Tue Dec 24, 2013 11:11 pm

I am a failing student and a best student at the same time. And I don't have anything to focus on other than my spartan warfare account. So I decided to join the war against evil. One of the reasons why I created this group.
Back to top Go down

con - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: con   con - Page 4 Icon_minitime1Tue Dec 24, 2013 11:47 pm

Whatever. My advice has no affect on you, ask someone else because I've shared all I could and you just don't seem to get it; that's okay, it's not a bad thing or anything; you just need to find someone else to teach you different lessons because you don't appear to want mine.
Back to top Go down
nightmare

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

con - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: con   con - Page 4 Icon_minitime1Tue Dec 24, 2013 11:55 pm

Of course I want yours. There are some of your advice that really helped me well
Back to top Go down
nightmare

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

con - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: con   con - Page 4 Icon_minitime1Tue Dec 24, 2013 11:57 pm

You said an important choice? I don't know what kind of choices I have.
Back to top Go down
omen

omen

Category :
  • Non-RLSH

con - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: con   con - Page 4 Icon_minitime1Wed Dec 25, 2013 2:35 am

Seriously, Nightmare... did you NOT read our posts?

You are literally talking in circles and struggling to come up to the same conclusions that you had when this entire discussion started.

EVERYONE has not only given their opinions and advice, but tried NOT to give up hope on you. Each time you kept coming back with the same CRAP (please excuse my language) as to why you have to go out and kick ass.

This is ultimately becoming stupid and making the community look bad, because of your determination to bash heads and justify it. That is NOT what RLSHs are about!! As I wrote before, if you cannot see it and are not willing to change... then this is NOT the place for you.

Stop with your games!

There is MORE than enough information on, not only, this post, but this entire forum to help you to understand helping others and trying different options. YOU are choosing NOT to read through them and do the research. YOU are choosing to continue down your same path while trying to 'sound' like you want to change. YOU are the only one trying to justify your actions as though everyone here will agree and approve.

YOU need to make your choice.

Go back through the posts on this thread and reread them. Stop asking for more, there is enough stuff already written. The rest is up to you; no one else... just YOU!

If you can't see it, then return to the dark and stop trying to drag others into the pit with you.

-Omen, "Heroes aren't made during good times!" - The Elite Forces Division
Back to top Go down
nightmare

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

con - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: con   con - Page 4 Icon_minitime1Wed Dec 25, 2013 2:46 am

Alright! I'm gonna quit patrolling. But we will still patrol for the last time since every new year there are always injured due to the firecrackers but that's it. We're not heading out there again.
Back to top Go down
nightmare

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

con - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: con   con - Page 4 Icon_minitime1Wed Dec 25, 2013 2:51 am

Every time I tried to make a decision whether I'll continue do our works, something discouraged me to do it but at the same time something encouraged me to patrol again. Since you guys always kept telling me to stop, then I'll stop. And also I'm gonna give everything up including helping other people and the entire rlsh things. This is the end of everything and probably the last time I'll be around.
Back to top Go down

con - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: con   con - Page 4 Icon_minitime1Wed Dec 25, 2013 4:12 am

That's not what we necessarily want for you. We're just concerned for your safety. My apologies for being snippy; I've been really busy today.

All day today I've been helping my mother bake pies and get Christmas Dinner ready, in addition to an RLSH Mission I had planned the night prior. I wanted to deliver a super gift to the local good will here, and so I needed to scour our entire property (I hit the jackpot in the rafters of our barn; bags and bags of clothes that had been forgotten and now nobody wanted.) In addition to those too big activities I had to get finished I also had to continually bring wood in because it's 40 below zero outside and our house is not staying warm; a better part of my day was spent just keeping the fires lit. I tried blending all my tasks together and it got pretty hectic, I now have a car with two giant tubs full of a ton of books, toys, and plush animals, and eight bulging bags full of clothes of all different sizes for all different occasions, clothing accesories, shoes, boots, jackets, and much more. The car is packed now and I can't fit anymore in without dangerously impairing lineof sight out the rear window or ripping bags by trying to stuff more down into the trunk; Hero Man will deliver the load to the center on Christmas Day. I wonder if they've ever got a donation this big before? It's a small town and I have a big heart (and some obsessive tendencies; when I want something done IT GETS DONE! Haha XD)

I should have maintained a better holiday spirit though, and for that I apologize. I won't give up on you and that was never my intention. I just got frustrated. Omen has a point I feel; You should really try to take into account what we're saying. I don't know if it's a communication issue from our cultural differences, or if you really can't see what we're trying to say. We're not asking you to give up being a superhero; we're trying to teach you the true path of the superhero. At least I am (It sounds like Omen is as well, but I am not 100% on omens involvment/intentions and so I really can't speak for him). All I'm doing is trying to introduce a new way of looking at things for you. Oh, and the clock just ticked midnight here. Merry christmas bro.  santa  

Stay true. Stay free. Stay safe.

--Hero Man
Back to top Go down
nightmare

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

con - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: con   con - Page 4 Icon_minitime1Wed Dec 25, 2013 4:39 am

Well I guess my skills in English still sucks that's why most of you can't understand what I meant. I understand what you guys saying. And also you guys are too overprotective that you don't even know what am I planning about my group. Every words you say sunk in. We are still collecting exp about what should we do when the rlsh community spreadout. So, merry xmas
Back to top Go down
nightmare

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

con - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: con   con - Page 4 Icon_minitime1Wed Dec 25, 2013 4:41 am

Beating up somebody is an act of vigilantism. Yes, thanks for reminding me. Now, I'll remove that on my list and focus on something instead.
Back to top Go down

con - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: con   con - Page 4 Icon_minitime1Wed Dec 25, 2013 5:24 am

Glad to hear that. If you need help coming up with ideas for missions and activities I'd be happy to help.

On beating someone up....I hate to say it's an act of vigilantism but I also hate to be telling a fourteen year old kid that sometimes beating people up is okay. But that's the truth; legally you can beat someone up if they are already trying to beat you up, and especially if they're trying to kill you; in america it's typically justified in court to kill someone in defense of your life (here in alaska it's legal to shoot someone that's just trying to break into your house if I recall correclly. i defnitely don't reccomend that option immediately; you should go out of your way, severely, to avoid that outcome at all costs. It looks even better on you if you defend yourself without hurting anyone at all in the process. But if someone is trying to beat you up (and really beat you up; if someone slaps or punches you once then stops, be the bigger man and let it end right there; don't strike back. I've taken a few punches without doing anything afterwards; you will be called a pussy. You'r not though, not for refusing to participate in their barbaric and primitive reindeer games. (Little christmas humor haha).
There's just no point to striking him back if he stops after the first punch, lol.

So....sometimes beating someone up is okay, but very rarely; you should always try to avoid violence as much as you can, but do not refuse it as an option when it is a good option that will keep you safe throughout an unfortunate encounter that has brought you face to face witha  jerk who wants to pummel your skull like there's no tommorow. You are nobody's punching bag. Let's just leave it at that haha. XD Smile
Back to top Go down
nightmare

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

con - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: con   con - Page 4 Icon_minitime1Wed Dec 25, 2013 5:26 am

Here, shooting and eating their fleshes of those guys who tried to break in is allowed.
Back to top Go down
nightmare

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

con - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: con   con - Page 4 Icon_minitime1Wed Dec 25, 2013 5:28 am

One wrong step, we are dead. That's why I need an army since the tanods are not nearby esp the other crime watchers
Back to top Go down

con - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: con   con - Page 4 Icon_minitime1Wed Dec 25, 2013 5:50 am

No, that's why you need to stay away from people like that.

Gather your army later; just wait a few years trust me; your views might change. What if hitler decided to sleep on it for a little while before gathering his army? He was a humanitarian and had good intentions, look how he ended up. Trust me, just wait a while. Focus on training and making your world (your circle of people) a better place. A faithful servant is more heroic than a senseless fighter. Read the PM I just sent you.
Back to top Go down
nightmare

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

con - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: con   con - Page 4 Icon_minitime1Wed Dec 25, 2013 5:55 am

Are you a fan of Hitler?! We hate him and I hope that he is right in the deepest part in hell.
Back to top Go down
nightmare

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

con - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: con   con - Page 4 Icon_minitime1Wed Dec 25, 2013 5:57 am

Me and my team needs some exp on crimes and stuff. This is gonna be a war. After twentieth patrol, we will stop or probably we are already strong enough in those times.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

con - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: con   con - Page 4 Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

con
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Real Life Superheroes - The Forum :: General Information :: RLSH News-
Jump to: