Real Life Superheroes - The Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Real Life Superheroes - The Forum

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

stryker's training log

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
stryker

stryker

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support

stryker's training log Empty
PostSubject: stryker's training log   stryker's training log Icon_minitime1Mon Feb 24, 2014 3:12 pm

day 1

a fruitful first day! two mile run and a full circuit workout! am beginning to follow a strict diet as well

[size=18.6667]6am = 3 eggs whites
9am = a slice of turkey and avocado wrapped in lettuce
12pm = palm size portion of meat (chicken or fish) and veggies
3pm = an apple or a pear
6pm = palm size portion of meat and veggies
9pm = an apple or a pear[/size]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: stryker's training log   stryker's training log Icon_minitime1Mon Feb 24, 2014 4:40 pm

Nice. If you're interested later, I have a 17 week program I use for pre fire season preparation, awesome results. It's here in the Training section somewhere. Smile
Back to top Go down
adamm[]

adamm[]

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support
  • Non-RLSH

PostSubject: Re: stryker's training log   stryker's training log Icon_minitime1Wed Feb 26, 2014 1:54 pm

that is a tasty workout
Back to top Go down
stryker

stryker

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support

PostSubject: Re: stryker's training log   stryker's training log Icon_minitime1Wed Feb 26, 2014 3:01 pm

day two- two mile run, weight lifting, circuit workout.

weights- 80 lb. bench press- 50 reps
             20 lb. dumbbells  60 reps
             push ups- 35 times
             crunches-100 times
             planks- hold 30 sec. 4 repetitions

circuit workout-have five minutes to complete

burpee's
lunges
mountain climbers      > all within 2 minutes then do it again for two mins, and then one for 1.50 min.
crunches
push ups
Back to top Go down
adamm[]

adamm[]

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support
  • Non-RLSH

PostSubject: Re: stryker's training log   stryker's training log Icon_minitime1Thu Feb 27, 2014 3:28 pm

80lbs at 50 reps!! get outa here.   i think i did like 40 reps Sad

curls, shoulder presses, dead lifts, SQUATS?!?! lateral/horizontal rows??
Back to top Go down
stryker

stryker

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support

PostSubject: Re: stryker's training log   stryker's training log Icon_minitime1Thu Feb 27, 2014 5:29 pm

im not as strong as i used to be man. im getting there but ive gotta lose my weight and train alot more. im easing myself into alot of stuff. 80 lb. isnt a whole lot compared to what i could do a year and a half ago
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: stryker's training log   stryker's training log Icon_minitime1Thu Feb 27, 2014 9:45 pm

It's not how much you can lift, it's how many times you can lift it.Who's stonger, the one who can bench a hundred pounds once, or the one who can bench ten pounds, a hundred times?
I only lift small weights, and on the bench press I don't use any weights, I just focus on form and lbench the bar until I just can't anymore then push out a couple more. Low weight high reps is the way to go if you want strength, heavy weights if you want mass. My muscles are super dense, hard, and strong, I've caught a fourwheeler falling off a freight truck, but I'm not that big. I'm tall and thin, and looking at me you couldn't accurately guess how strong I am. I 'd like more mass but in my job sometimes I have to run, and when we have to run we have to run fast, so mass would mean extra weight means not as fast, so we all stick to pure strength and endurance training. Just some food for thought, really depends on your prorities and expected activities. Smile
Back to top Go down
stryker

stryker

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support

PostSubject: Re: stryker's training log   stryker's training log Icon_minitime1Thu Feb 27, 2014 10:00 pm

i know what you mean by using lighter weights but many reps... however im quite muscuar and built. i'm just getting rid of my horrid belly fat again. i was always rather large throughout high school. not fat. just built like a tank. im fat now. but i miss my former self. my counterpart and i are working on getting ourselves back in shape. its always been kinda like a roller coaster with my health. for maybe a year or so ill not have a stitch of visible fat. but then its downhill again due to my dieting, lack of exercise etc. but given three to five months ill be back to normal Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: stryker's training log   stryker's training log Icon_minitime1Thu Feb 27, 2014 10:46 pm

Nice. In that case, I'd actually keep some of that fat. When you push yourself and hit what athletes call the Wall your body begins to canibalize itself, feeding off the vast stores of energy in your fat cells. A runner may be able to go faster but a chubby/thick individual will be able to go longer, like a race car versus a golf cart, the propulsion is different but the cart is much more efficient. Balancing the two forces will enableyou to be quite formidable and reliable in the fitness department. Not too much fat but not to little either, I need some fat, I'm a wirey toothpick haha, my metobolism is just too fast though, I'm thinking it won't be too many years before that changes though. By the way, how old are you? I'm nineteen.
Back to top Go down
MapleDefender

MapleDefender

Category :
  • Crime Fighter

PostSubject: Re: stryker's training log   stryker's training log Icon_minitime1Sun Mar 02, 2014 10:30 pm

Hero man, just stop, seriously.

1. "A runner may be able to go faster but a chubby/thick individual will be able to go longer"

-Right because look at how huge marathon runners are. Your logic is blatantly flawed and your "workout advice" false.

2."Who's stonger, the one who can bench a hundred pounds once, or the one who can bench ten pounds, a hundred times?"

-Depending on how you quantify strength, if you are talking about muscular endurance then the light weight has the edge.

but if your looking for someone to exert power then your definitely going to turn to the power lifter, quite literally when your looking for someone who is "stronger" you quantify this  by the amount to be lifted first, then secondly the amount of reps.

you can bench press 200 @ 10 reps, but people will tell you the guy who benches 400 even once is stronger then you because he is.

Google, Youtube and some lessons at your local gym will give you exactly the right information you need to continue training and raising your fitness level.
Back to top Go down
stryker

stryker

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support

PostSubject: Re: stryker's training log   stryker's training log Icon_minitime1Mon Mar 03, 2014 12:03 am

thank you everyone for all of your advice! :Dtruly enlightening. and hero-man had good intentions. lets not degrade him please. respect and friendliness are key virtues for a superhero
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: stryker's training log   stryker's training log Icon_minitime1Mon Mar 03, 2014 6:10 pm

Well said.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: stryker's training log   stryker's training log Icon_minitime1Mon Mar 03, 2014 6:20 pm

Consistent exercise builds strength. Power lifting builds mass as well as strength, but mass slows you down and so strength training is preferable to building mass. Strength training involves low weight and high reps. I usually just do calisthenics.
On fat, I was speaking of it's efficiency of storing energy for when the body runs out of it's main supply. Did you watch the video? If not, there's individuals in it that can explain it more effectively. Have a lovely day.
Back to top Go down
stryker

stryker

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support

PostSubject: Re: stryker's training log   stryker's training log Icon_minitime1Tue Mar 04, 2014 6:52 pm

welp. ive got my college courses all planned out. criminal justice. fire science, emt degree. etc. plus an ass ton of martial arts courses mixed in. ranging from shoto-khan karate, tai chi and white crane kung fu, to mma. tell me what you guys think about this Very Happy
Back to top Go down
adamm[]

adamm[]

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support
  • Non-RLSH

PostSubject: Re: stryker's training log   stryker's training log Icon_minitime1Wed Mar 05, 2014 3:40 pm

doing lots of reps builds mitocondria which builds endurance. doing 350 lbs 8 times builds power which i think physically allows more blood to get to your muscles, but only for short bursts.

i do 40 reps like 6 times a day within 2 hours. when i do 175 which is my max right now i can get in 8 reps the first time, the second time like 6 which is 30 mins later and the last time maybe 6 again or 4 and finally near the end of my workout 4 if that.

each way has its own benifits.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: stryker's training log   stryker's training log Icon_minitime1Wed Mar 05, 2014 4:36 pm

Good courses, they will surely open doors to a range of career oppertunities for you to get into. 
Only suggestion is this, you don't need to know a ton of martial arts. I'd reccomend only three systems for real world combat: Krav Maga, Pressure Point Combat, and Combat Shooting. If it's legal for you in your area, have a gun and know how to use it. It can stay in your holster your whole life, but it's much better to have one and not need it than to need one and not have it. God forbid you find yourself in the middle of a gunfight and all you have is a stick to fight back those beasts, ( or any weapon less than what the enemy has, in this case a firearm.) 
Krav Maga is great and designed for soldiers, but should you be facing a much larger, or multiple threats, your going to want a gun. Doesn't matter how big and strong and macho they are, everyones afraid of a gunman fifteen to twenty feet away, and that's precisely the reason a gun is effective at stopping violence, most people are scared of getting shot.
Back to top Go down
stryker

stryker

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support

PostSubject: Re: stryker's training log   stryker's training log Icon_minitime1Wed Mar 05, 2014 5:55 pm

thanks for the info Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: stryker's training log   stryker's training log Icon_minitime1Wed Mar 05, 2014 7:45 pm

Sure thing. Smile
If your unsure of what gun to get, I'd reccomend the 1911 Handgun for personal defense and the AR-15 for home defense. Expanding hollow point ammunition is best, this will virtually eliminate the chances of a through and through shot; the bullet will stay inside the aggressor as opposed to flying through him into an unintended target behind them. If you are going to shoot drop to your knees first so the projectile has an upward trajectory, so if you miss theres no chance of others on the ground getting shot. Adjust your stance and position in order to shoot your target as safely as you can. In my environment ,(Rural, single story structures) I'd more than likely be dropping, but not if I was in an environment like downtown Manhattan or other large cities where you can hardly see the sky because the buildings are so friggin tall, always mind your surroundings and have the proper tools. Wink
Back to top Go down
stryker

stryker

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support

PostSubject: Re: stryker's training log   stryker's training log Icon_minitime1Wed Mar 05, 2014 7:59 pm

anyone like the new pic? i made that the other day. ive got a pic of my beta costume as well. to get me started out. the alpha will be MUCH more expensive to make. if anyone is interested in checking it out. let me know
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: stryker's training log   stryker's training log Icon_minitime1Wed Mar 05, 2014 8:21 pm

I'm interested, I love costumes and the theatrical. Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: stryker's training log   stryker's training log Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

stryker's training log
Page 1 of 1