Real Life Superheroes - The Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Real Life Superheroes - The Forum

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

204's Training Log

Go down 
AuthorMessage

204's Training Log Empty
PostSubject: 204's Training Log   204's Training Log Icon_minitime1Sat May 31, 2014 3:50 am

I gotta step it up; I considered going outlaw to stop my enemies, but my better judgment decided against it, at least for now. I'm extraordinarily greatful that my parents know everything now and that they understand. They look at me differently now though, I was afraid of that but it's not nearly as bad as I feared it would be and they've been very understanding and accepting in more waya than I thought, I shouldn't be surprised though; they have a combined Life Experience of 114 years and both come from rough backgrounds. They look at me differently, in a good way. If I went outside the law chances are higher that I'd never see them again; it's a one-way trip, my familiy's too poor to buy a ticket and mount a rescue, but I've already taken care of Alaska; I have to leave if I want to make anymore progress at taking down the Director, the WWASPS and the rest of the people to see and places to go. So, I still got stuff to think about. In the mean time, I'm going to spend a lot more time training; helps focus.
Back to top Go down

204's Training Log Empty
PostSubject: Re: 204's Training Log   204's Training Log Icon_minitime1Sat May 31, 2014 5:05 am

My Top 17

I gotta thing with numbers, especially the numbers 8, 19, 35; bascically all numbers divisible by 2, 4 or 8, I really gotta thing for the number 8, all throughout my life important things seemed to happen around those numbers and more but these are the juicy ones. When added the sum of the digits of my birth equal thirty five those digits added equaling the number eight and coincidentally the most popular method of astrolgy in finding ones birtgh number. I was born on a 19, I was sent away on a 19, I escaped on a 19, and 19 shows up at pivotal moments, the most recent being an appointment at the neurology clinic because my dad told our long time family doctor, Dr. Andreason, everything that happened at the School, he says I can trust him because he's been through quite a bit of hell himself, when he found out about me, he said he think he may be able to help. At the clinic they glued a bunch of electrodes to my head. Just like at the School, then she proceeded with a series of tests.
Back to top Go down

204's Training Log Empty
PostSubject: Re: 204's Training Log   204's Training Log Icon_minitime1Sat May 31, 2014 5:17 am

I'm not sure how long I was in there for, it was scheduled for 90 minutes though. It was pretty intense for me at first, was embarassed about my heartrate being on her screen racing as she hooked me up to all the equipment and was terrified that I was going to have a panic attack. I don't like hospitals, especially being hooked up to computers in a small dark room with the door closed in the middle of one on the second floor in the afternoon, numbers man, I see them, live them, analyze them. Oh, forgot where I was going with this: The clinic just so happened to be poetically located at 1919 Lathrop, Fairbanks AK, not even hardly a mile from the first facility I stayed in, the one that reccomended PCS so highly for me in 2007, 7 plus 2 equals 9. Just a weird habit, lot of weird coincidences out there when numbers have been such a big part of your life.
Back to top Go down

204's Training Log Empty
PostSubject: Re: 204's Training Log   204's Training Log Icon_minitime1Sat May 31, 2014 5:35 am

Funny tidbit: In Hitchhikers guide to the Galaxy the super computers answer to "Life, the universe, and everything" was....42, and it was correct in my opinion, if you convert the letters of the word "math" into their numerical equivalents then use addition the some is 42, and math is a fundamental key to life, the universe and everything. Perhaps the fundamental key? Trippy to think about.
Back to top Go down

204's Training Log Empty
PostSubject: Re: 204's Training Log   204's Training Log Icon_minitime1Sat May 31, 2014 4:28 pm

Oh, completely spaced the top 17, I was a little frazzled last night, long day.

1. Firefighting
2. First Aid/CPR/AED
3. EMS/EMT Field Experience
4. Hazmat/WMD Response
5. Life Guard Training
6. Wilderness Survival Training
7. Kochojutsu
8. Kyushojutsu
9. Wrestling
10. Krav Maga
11. Gun fighting
12. Staff Fighting
13. Stick Fighting
14. Knife Fighting
15. Sword Fighting
16. Archery
17. Military Tactics

My wealest areas are First Aid/CPR/AED and Life Guard Training so I'll be putting an emphasis on those fields in particular.
Back to top Go down

204's Training Log Empty
PostSubject: Re: 204's Training Log   204's Training Log Icon_minitime1Sat May 31, 2014 7:42 pm

I have some EMS/EMT training but not much, I signed up for both fire and medical sides with the VFD, but persued moreso the fire side of it. I finished my 6-Month Probationary Period and was given the RDVFD Shirt and will be suiting up to run into burning buildings here soon.

I've for the most part completed my SAR Training (Search And Rescue); I admittedly lost count of how many times I and my partner have drugged out training dummies and gone in the burn buildings; if we're training at Ft. Greely though we don't use real dummies, I always volunteer to go lay up in the dark metal and concrete building. Habit from Wildland; always show initiative, move with purpose, never be last for anything. On the Tetlin Ridge assignment my Squad Boss made whoever was last dig the shit hole or do push ups if the hole had already been dug. The result: We were are jumping up immediately when there was a job to do.
Back to top Go down

204's Training Log Empty
PostSubject: Re: 204's Training Log   204's Training Log Icon_minitime1Sat May 31, 2014 8:03 pm

My military tactics training is intermediate. My father was in the Navy, training to become a SEAL but discharged early because his mother got shot in the face. He's trained me since I was little; my sister too but I was the one who seemed to develop a passion for it. I've been hunting, hiking, camping, fishing, building, and boating quite a bit lol. 
When I was seventeen I received some official paramilitary training after attending AMYA, then a few months later going to work for the DOF as an FFT2. 

Dad's been teaching me Krav Maga for a few years...well, he did; I teach him now though. I'm a passionate and rapid learner. 

A couple years ago I was taking Shaolin Kempo Karate at a dojo in the evening at the Delta Elementary School, learned quite a bit and the instructor gave me a private lesson in using clappers, a weapon better known to me as a manriki kusari.
Back to top Go down

204's Training Log Empty
PostSubject: Re: 204's Training Log   204's Training Log Icon_minitime1Sat May 31, 2014 8:11 pm

The core of my military tactics training for now will be this manual: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

In addition to the U.S.. Army Improvised MunitionsHandbook

The U.S Army Ranger Handbook

The U.S. Army Guerilla Warfare Handbook

The Special Operations Forces Medical Handbook

Special Ops Fitness Training: High-Intensity Workouts of Navy SEALs, Delta Force, Marine Force Recon and Army Rangers.
Back to top Go down

204's Training Log Empty
PostSubject: Re: 204's Training Log   204's Training Log Icon_minitime1Sat May 31, 2014 11:44 pm

Holy crap; some very interesting new developments in my fire career.

We've been having quite a bit of wind and there's fires all over the place so I'm going to be getting called in soon. I already figured that, but today my career took a new turn towards something else when my mother sent me into town on the fourwheeler to run some errands. In the grocery store I bumped into some buddies from Forestry and caught up with them; before I entered the store though I noticed that I was being watched. At least I suspected; I could see him out of the corner of my eye moving along with me as I headed into one of the store doors; he went in the oppsite on the other side and we met face to face for abrief moment. It was the head honcho fire dude; I forget his name, it's either Al or Bruce; I'm pretty sure it was Bruce Balderston; Al is a whiter haired gentlman that looks like he belongs on soap advertisements. Some of the buddies from work didn't have too many nice things to say about him, but I never joined in; I barely know the guy; all I know is that he occasionally watches us from his office window across the base. I raised my brows and nodded my head; my typcial impromptu greeting when I have stuff to do; he returned the gesture the same and we went different ways, then he approached me later on in the store while I was on the phone with my sister asking her what kind of candy she wanted from the store. I  put her on hold seeing as I know this guy is going to be one of my bosses soon. Well, highly suspected with the way Alaska is going up in flames and all. But, I didn't expect what came next.

"You're [expleted], right? [Full name expleted]?"

"Yeah, I'm [expleted]."

"I'm looking for some guys, putting together a team for Fire Investigation, and I was wondering if you would be available one week from Monday?" This was a new realm of firefighting for me, but I said,

"Yeah, I'll be available." (Lol, you don't pass up any kind of job when it's offered to you.....even if you're not quite sure what you're getting yourself into.)

He told me he'd be in touch.

I got to thinking about it later....the head honcho sought me out for his fire investigation team.....that's pretty big.

I told my folks and they were equally impressed. I was a little paranoid though; I get a little worried when good things seem to be happening, like there's always some kind of catch or not what it seems to be. I expressed that I felt a little weird about it, why come to me? But my folks reminded me of all the reasons that I'd be a good candidate for it that he knows about; I get excellent scores on all my classes; the instructor gave me a 98% on one test just because he felt he had to dock me for something; we both chuckled about that. And I've saved quite a bit of equipment from getting burned because I have trouble making eye contact with people and so my eyes are always wondering and looking around; I notice a lot of stuff. I mostly stuck to myself working for the DOF, but I kept my cool when tensions were high and I always conducted myself professionally and maturely, working very hard not to do anything to get myself fired (literally or professionally).

Dad spoke up and reminded me how he always told me that someone is watching to see new recruits for things, guess he was right. I may be getting into fire forensics, determining the causes of fires and determining if there's any culprit to blame for it. I never mentioned it to the chief or my bosses (not gonna either) but I have a fair knowledge of various chemicals and substances and ways to make different incediaries and explosives; could come in handy as a fire detective. Made me think about something though....I always thought I was downplaying a lot; trying to fit in with the others and keep my mouth shut for the most part to not let on what it's like inside my head or how smart I am; that may sound arrogant but I'm not afraid to admit it; I'm pretty darn smart. But I wasn't hiding it as well as I thought I was in my day to day life. Makes me wonder if anyone else is watching me. Fuck, I hate being paranoid.

But yeah.....forensics. Neat.

I'll definitely keep ya posted this has intrigued me.

Oh, lol, and he probably saw that newspaper article too....man, I suck at keeping a secret identity.

But if I was good at acting normal, I wouldn't have stood out enough to possibly get a really amazing job, so maybe that whole secret identity stuff and trying to fit in and be a worker bee when you're beyond that is a little overrated...might miss out on some amazing oppertunities. Never gave muych thought to that branch of firefighting but I'll be learning it real soon.
Back to top Go down
conan

204's Training Log Empty
PostSubject: RLSH BRIGHTON??   204's Training Log Icon_minitime1Wed Jun 04, 2014 1:10 pm

HEY GUYS, YOUR STORYS ARE ALL REALLY INTERESTING, ANYONE KNOW OF ANY RLSH IN BRIGHTON UK??, I REALLY NEED YOUR HELP IF U DO PLEASE CONTACT ME THROUGH MY FACEBOOK Conan Potent, THANKS
Back to top Go down

204's Training Log Empty
PostSubject: Re: 204's Training Log   204's Training Log Icon_minitime1Wed Jun 04, 2014 3:13 pm

Not off the top of my head. What do you need help with?
Back to top Go down

204's Training Log Empty
PostSubject: Re: 204's Training Log   204's Training Log Icon_minitime1Wed Jun 04, 2014 6:02 pm

Worked out today from my special ops fitness manual. I've been focusing on cardio especially; that's most important part of my job in the Fit For Duty department. Cardio and stamina. 

Did some work with the dumbells, 50 push ups, 50 sit ups, 20 hibbert jibberties, 20 8-Count bodybuilders, 15 pull ups, and a lot of back stretches and exercises; my back's all messed up. I'm out of practice so I started meditating again, went to the Secret Playground, used to go there a lot when I was a kid, it was infested and overgrown, Ran a made up obstacle course making use of the equipment that wasn't too rotten or unstable. This lonely playground in the middle of the forest often feels magical, especially today though with the cotton balls dancing in the shifting and battling winds as the sun burned down upon the spinning leaves in the trees whose veins throb, enriched by the recent rain, a seemingly long awaited bygone element of nature.

It's been a long winter.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

204's Training Log Empty
PostSubject: Re: 204's Training Log   204's Training Log Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

204's Training Log
Page 1 of 1