Real Life Superheroes - The Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Real Life Superheroes - The Forum

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

what has happened the the RLSH movement?

Go down 
+17
Entomo
dcguardian
kiddo karasu77
The Northman
the0ne
GreyWolf
One Tin Soldier
Adsum
Defie
Ace
Gauge
Urban Avenger
omen
NightWatch
titanag
nightmare
themarine
21 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
themarine

Category :
  • Hero Support
  • Non-RLSH

what has happened the the RLSH movement? Empty
PostSubject: what has happened the the RLSH movement?   what has happened the the RLSH movement? Icon_minitime1Sat Jun 14, 2014 1:57 am

I've been looking over the site and pouring over the web and most of the stuff is old.  Most of the members here haven't been on in over a year, websites are closed down, support groups have withdrawn support.  Who is left out there, why did so many drop out?  Where is the RLSH movement?  Are we it?
Back to top Go down
nightmare

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: what has happened the the RLSH movement?   what has happened the the RLSH movement? Icon_minitime1Sat Jun 14, 2014 5:30 am

i would say it's pretty messed up. most members hates each other. a stupid idiot named tothian makes every forum looks bad just to draw attention on his forum. i believe he hacked his moderator's account and banned everybody in it. he then crashes the forum and built the new one. he tried to hack and destroy most forums but he didn't. rlsh are mostly active in real world, fb and twitter not in forums like this. there are forums out there but most of them were down. some are still active.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: what has happened the the RLSH movement?   what has happened the the RLSH movement? Icon_minitime1Sat Jun 14, 2014 5:32 am

I think a lot of folks just get tired of the in-fighting, ego trips, and drama if the online community, people can be pretty silly.
Back to top Go down
nightmare

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: what has happened the the RLSH movement?   what has happened the the RLSH movement? Icon_minitime1Sat Jun 14, 2014 8:30 am

change the messed up into effed up. thats what rlsh i think. it gotten worse when kickass came on the big screen
Back to top Go down
nightmare

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: what has happened the the RLSH movement?   what has happened the the RLSH movement? Icon_minitime1Sat Jun 14, 2014 8:32 am

in this forum, i missed kaiju. hes just like hero man except hes a strict guy. the reason why i changed my ways and didnt walk the violent path (or so it seems) is because of hero man, gauge, omen, him, urban avenger and other rlsh here. so i dodnt pay the price thanks to them.
Back to top Go down
titanag

titanag

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support

PostSubject: Re: what has happened the the RLSH movement?   what has happened the the RLSH movement? Icon_minitime1Sat Jun 14, 2014 5:19 pm

i have thought the same recently us heroes hate each other all of us are basically a little bit comic inspired and one thing bout that is in comics every one had there on results because they have there on way we look at our self's we cant do that stuff like they do but we should allow each other to do it in their on way with acceptance i also think we should be bolder like criminals have media in music we need media so we should get to be like athletes in our running endurance fighting etc and actual get at crime like actually start preventing crime get the news to look at us more and the movement will rise more cause allot of us haven't actually prevented crime just wishful thinking and dressing up phoenix Jones have stopped crimes and he is one of are most famous heroes and attracted people he just got to big for his britches
Back to top Go down
nightmare

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: what has happened the the RLSH movement?   what has happened the the RLSH movement? Icon_minitime1Sat Jun 14, 2014 8:05 pm

i bet media wont notice me. filipino zorro has been on media but after that, he was gone MIA.
Back to top Go down
titanag

titanag

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support

PostSubject: Re: what has happened the the RLSH movement?   what has happened the the RLSH movement? Icon_minitime1Sat Jun 14, 2014 8:23 pm

thats why we keep doing our best to stop crime people will see us and will want to join
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: what has happened the the RLSH movement?   what has happened the the RLSH movement? Icon_minitime1Sat Jun 14, 2014 8:57 pm

Nothing wrong with inspiring others, but I try to avoid cameras; whenever I'm in the paper for something at work I have to buy the pizzas, same goes for anyone on the team.
Back to top Go down
titanag

titanag

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support

PostSubject: Re: what has happened the the RLSH movement?   what has happened the the RLSH movement? Icon_minitime1Sat Jun 14, 2014 9:14 pm

kinda strange a man who doesn't wont o be seen by camera doing good deeds doesn't wear a mask and where bright costume indicating that he ight wanna be seen?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: what has happened the the RLSH movement?   what has happened the the RLSH movement? Icon_minitime1Sat Jun 14, 2014 9:38 pm

I like blue and yellow and I have no need for a mask. Getting a new suit, all yellow no blue, because I don't want the ducks and choppers to blast their water and retardant all over me and my team, I don't want to be hard to see through the trees and smoke, ash and particulate. High visibility is a very important feature in my line of work.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: what has happened the the RLSH movement?   what has happened the the RLSH movement? Icon_minitime1Sat Jun 14, 2014 9:41 pm

New suits more reflective too, life traffic signs.
Back to top Go down
nightmare

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: what has happened the the RLSH movement?   what has happened the the RLSH movement? Icon_minitime1Sun Jun 15, 2014 12:09 am

i only have a two man team and need some more. people will just definitely ignore me since filipono youth were all fucked up. i do not believe what dr jose rizal says about the youth. well maybe the only youth who was willing to stand against the evil will be the only one people should expect to save or help this country. most youth were drunken bums and some are running prostitution crap. we have to find those guys and cut their heads off but im thinking of something about hiring more team which was hard.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: what has happened the the RLSH movement?   what has happened the the RLSH movement? Icon_minitime1Sun Jun 15, 2014 3:15 am

Am I right in assuming you were just kidding about the decapitations? I understand you have sort of a quirky sense of humor.....careful; stuff like that can come back to bite you. Trust me, I know.
Back to top Go down
NightWatch

Category :
  • Non-RLSH

PostSubject: Re: what has happened the the RLSH movement?   what has happened the the RLSH movement? Icon_minitime1Sun Jun 15, 2014 4:14 am

Ummm...decapitation?

Perhaps something a little less extreme Nightmare.
Back to top Go down
omen

omen

Category :
  • Non-RLSH

PostSubject: Re: what has happened the the RLSH movement?   what has happened the the RLSH movement? Icon_minitime1Mon Jun 16, 2014 9:42 am

A group is nothing more than a gathering of objects – in this case, people.

A team is a gathering of people with a similar goal and leadership.

When you ask a group about their purpose, you receive a variety of answers. When you ask them about their objectives, you receive a variety of opinions, when you ask them about their mission… you receive a slew debates which normally degrade into arguments, name calling, and civil war within the ranks. A group is a collection of individuals.

A team has a single purpose.

A team has clear objectives.

While a team might have different missions, they all support each other as parts of a machine.

A team has leadership.

When I first interacted with the RLSH Movement, it was a it was hungry, positive, exciting, and inspiring. When the in-fighting started everything fell to pieces. The weaknesses were exposed by those seeking to exploit the movement, as well as those who saw it as a direct path to power and respect… because they lacked it in their real lives.

The masks made them powerful; being anonymous behind a keyboard made them gods.

In the real world, they were deviants… online, they became terrors as their sarcasm, negativity, and attacks became a little more than virtual bullying. This became the norm in the community.

This led to the purpose being shrouded as RLSHs gained more-and-more strength to express their anger towards others without a system of checks-and-balances to curb their rage.
The final piece was when the Reporters came in. They played everyone against each other and delivered piss-poor popularity to those that were the biggest jerks. This led to rise of our young ‘proud-to-be’ Vigilante ranks within the movement.

Their biggest battle was with the ‘System’ itself. They became determined to be Batman, Wolverine, or the Punisher without understanding that one is a billionaire, the other, a mutant with godlike healing, and a trained Navy Seal with a dead family and endless amounts of weapons and funding. They were comic-book characters.

They fought so hard to be individuals, until conversations of ‘Teams’ and teamwork became equivalent to debates on religion. Things did not go well. Once again, it became obvious that the Purpose was lost.

-Omen
Back to top Go down
omen

omen

Category :
  • Non-RLSH

PostSubject: Re: what has happened the the RLSH movement?   what has happened the the RLSH movement? Icon_minitime1Mon Jun 16, 2014 9:51 am

A person within a group has one disposition, ‘INDIVIDUAL'.

A person within a team can be one of three, ‘LEADER, FOLLOWER, or INDIVIDUAL'.

In the RLSH community, the concepts of Leadership and Following within a Team is like drinking super-glue laced with poison. Many of them HATE the concept and will fight with every fiber of their being to identify themselves as Individuals.

They preferred to be the blind guiding the lost, the deaf listening to another’s opinion, and the mute having a debate. They were tenacious in their attempts to ‘recreate-the-wheel’, instead of embracing WHY rank-and-file were created.

A veteran RLSH once wrote, “Getting Real Life Super Heroes to work together is like trying to herd cats. You can’t do it.”

He stated this before he left the forum and I found it to be a deep and powerful statement. While the core of it was true, the reality of it was painful… because even that turned into a dog fight with the responses.

In EVERY organization of service, there is rank, there is structure, and there is a respect for authority. It is understood that there is a difference between a Title and a Person. A person with a title can be a jerk and yet the title is still a symbol of authority to be respected.

I have seen comments on here degrading police, beliefs, and even our President and yet, the individuals making the comments have no idea as to WHY so many veterans have walked away. Instead of focusing on their purpose, they would rather air their grievances and give lurking Reporters more ammunition to call the RLSH Movement a farce.

In the military (USMC), a leader must outline 4 basic tasks before an Operation: POMG

Purpose – Why are we doing this?
Objective – What EXACTLY are we trying to obtain?
Mission – Who is responsible for what? How will it be done? Who is responsible for what? Outline the M.E.T. (Money, Energy, and Time).
Goal – When will the objective be accomplished?

By answering these questions, an Operation’s Success and Failure can clearly be determined.

Waaayy back when we were trying to bring the RLSH Community together, we were trying to put these this concept to practice in order to stay on task. In fact, this was the cause of many of the phone calls and interviews received from Reporters. They saw that the community was working to organize.

It was the internal ‘resistance’ that made things crumble.

No one took the time to understand that there were more ways to being a hero other than wearing a costume, a mask, and patrolling. What about those who make the phone calls to keep people updated? Those who handle logistics? Those who have the ability to organize teams into non-profit organizations and get them government grants? Those who can work out private security for small community stores that benefit from RLSH patrols? What about the writers, artists, and musicians that inspire others?

Instead, why do those who go about patrolling and ‘crime-fighting’ actually believe that they are the true RLSHs and they are above the others? I actually remember reading posts bickering over those who gave things to the homeless in comparison to those fighting crime, in which one felt the other was less.

WTF is that about??

This was a classic case of ‘one step forward and two steps back’. The RLSH Movement fight has been with itself, in an attempt to recreate-the-wheel by replacing it with bricks.

Most of the fights are simply not worth it.

There is an old saying that few can relate to, “The truest test of humbleness, is to do something for another without them ever knowing what YOU did.”

Masks and being anonymous behind a keyboard do not create power… they’re a test to bring out what truly dwells within you.

-Omen, “Heroes aren’t during good times!” – The Elite Forces Division
Back to top Go down
Urban Avenger

Urban Avenger

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: what has happened the the RLSH movement?   what has happened the the RLSH movement? Icon_minitime1Mon Jun 16, 2014 10:38 am

A lot of egos.
Back to top Go down
Gauge

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Non-RLSH

PostSubject: Re: what has happened the the RLSH movement?   what has happened the the RLSH movement? Icon_minitime1Mon Jun 16, 2014 11:05 am

Agreed. People want to believe they know what they're doing. If they were honest with regard to their actual abilities and skills, they might conclude they should not be RLSH yet.

Every contribution, no matter how small, has value. If the most you can do is hand out clean socks to the homeless, you are still impacting their lives in a very positive way, and your efforts are as commendable as another who defends victims more directly.

My advice to every RLSH is to make an HONEST evaluation of your skills. Or have someone else evaluate them for you if you cannot be objective. If you see no weaknesses, you aren't objective.

Once you know what your skill level is, operate within it while you train to expand it. You will enjoy much higher efficiency and success in the long run, and do much more good.
Back to top Go down
titanag

titanag

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support

PostSubject: Re: what has happened the the RLSH movement?   what has happened the the RLSH movement? Icon_minitime1Mon Jun 16, 2014 11:11 am

so its wrong to be a batman? or have a team who be leave their all batmen um just asking because i train and i am not ready to be 100 percent on the field by my goal is to be like a batman with real life conditions and so is my teams are we wrong for that
Back to top Go down
themarine

Category :
  • Hero Support
  • Non-RLSH

PostSubject: Re: what has happened the the RLSH movement?   what has happened the the RLSH movement? Icon_minitime1Mon Jun 16, 2014 12:13 pm

Wow Omen very profound and in depth.  My vagueness with question itself was to draw out the different responses and answers from the various individuals as a way of testing the water was it were.  Online communities and networks generally fall for the same reasons so it was more to gauge peoples responses to see how much of the bitterness and resentment was still festering under the surface.  From your response I don't so much pick up on the bitterness but the frustration and regret over the decline and infighting.  Any time you want to talk drop me a PM man I would love to discuss group dynamics in and out of a rank structure with you more in depth.

Semper Fi
Back to top Go down
NightWatch

Category :
  • Non-RLSH

PostSubject: Re: what has happened the the RLSH movement?   what has happened the the RLSH movement? Icon_minitime1Mon Jun 16, 2014 5:58 pm

Umm... What? I don't think I understood that titanag.

In regards to whatever happened to the community, I don't really have a well formulated picture of that, as I have only joined recently. Whatever it was, it's in the past (maybe) now. I prefer to believe that I can do good despite all the community's gone through.
Back to top Go down
themarine

Category :
  • Hero Support
  • Non-RLSH

PostSubject: Re: what has happened the the RLSH movement?   what has happened the the RLSH movement? Icon_minitime1Mon Jun 16, 2014 6:18 pm

Well it's not like the forum is for orchestrating nationwide operations.  As long as the site can provide info, encouragement, and advice in a calm collected manner then the people who are still here and all the knew people will be better for it.  Arguing  methods is fine as long as they are done in a constructive manner.  Just because I prefer one method over another does not mean that I simply inform everyone else they are wrong and then proceed to provide nothing open or constructive.  I try and educate on my methods and my reasons behind them, I also listen to others about how they may perform the same actions even if I won't use them now, no two situations are 100% the same and someones methods may prove more effective at some point.  I treat advice and information I get on forums as a tool to be stored away if not of immediate use.
Back to top Go down
Urban Avenger

Urban Avenger

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: what has happened the the RLSH movement?   what has happened the the RLSH movement? Icon_minitime1Mon Jun 16, 2014 7:02 pm

It is an extremely unrealistic goal.

But go for it.
Back to top Go down
themarine

Category :
  • Hero Support
  • Non-RLSH

PostSubject: Re: what has happened the the RLSH movement?   what has happened the the RLSH movement? Icon_minitime1Mon Jun 16, 2014 7:22 pm

I disagree.  With a group that professes to pursue similar goals then I don't see why they can't simply share knowledge and ideas and have the occasional calm reasonable debate.  All they have to realize is that people are different and their job is not to convert everyone to their line of thinking.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: what has happened the the RLSH movement?   what has happened the the RLSH movement? Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

what has happened the the RLSH movement?
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next