Real Life Superheroes - The Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Real Life Superheroes - The Forum

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Insanity Workout

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Adsum

Category :
  • Public Service

Insanity Workout Empty
PostSubject: Insanity Workout   Insanity Workout Icon_minitime1Wed Jun 18, 2014 10:12 am

So I have done the Insanity workout once through, and I just started it again. I highly recommend it to EVERYONE.

That being said, I don't recommend people to go balls to the wall with it on their first go if they aren't somewhat in shape already. The great thing about insanity is it only uses your body, so you don't need to worry about buying equipment. Even if you are in amazing shape, it still works because it is based on you pushing yourself as hard as you can.

If you aren't in good shape to begin, then I say do the first 3-4 weeks through at your own pace, then start it over at full pace. It really will help you get into great shape. I did it in moderate shape (150 lbs, 5'Cool. My wife also did it (5'4 was 210 at the time, now she weighs less than me. Not just from insanity though). I really think that it is a great way to get in shape for what we like to do.
Back to top Go down
themarine

Category :
  • Hero Support
  • Non-RLSH

Insanity Workout Empty
PostSubject: Re: Insanity Workout   Insanity Workout Icon_minitime1Wed Jun 18, 2014 11:27 am

interesting, I'll have to give it a peek.
Back to top Go down
Blu Falcon

Blu Falcon

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support

Insanity Workout Empty
PostSubject: Re: Insanity Workout   Insanity Workout Icon_minitime1Sun Jun 29, 2014 11:16 am

I have the program but time and combat injuries(nothing major) keeps me from sticking to it...I might start again though. Its a hell of a workout and I had awesome results when I actually did it.
Back to top Go down
Adsum

Category :
  • Public Service

Insanity Workout Empty
PostSubject: Re: Insanity Workout   Insanity Workout Icon_minitime1Mon Jun 30, 2014 1:36 pm

Blu Falcon wrote:
I have the program but time and combat injuries(nothing major) keeps me from sticking to it...I might start again though. Its a hell of a workout and I had awesome results when I actually did it.

Yeah, I had the same issue (tore the muscles in my leg while training for the GAFBMP in the army). I can't do the jumps so I do squats instead, but have been very happy with it.

FYI, LOVE the name. Blue Falcon is one I had thrown around, glad that I didn't since you have it, but I love it haha.
Back to top Go down
Anyman

Anyman

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support
  • Non-RLSH

Insanity Workout Empty
PostSubject: Re: Insanity Workout   Insanity Workout Icon_minitime1Wed Jul 02, 2014 12:25 am

On a fixed income, Insanity has been something of a problem to obtain... that is, presuming that they don't have the program on YouTube, or something, already.

Something that has been working thus far is a combination of various exercise programs, and Atkins. Last year, around this time, weighing in at 293, and seeing that exercise alone wasn't helping, the doctor suggested Atkins. While the past few months have included some deviations from the typical diet, combining this diet with exercise has dropped the weight from 293 to approximately 230, with a height of 6'. The current exercise program comes from Bruce Lee's "Tao of Jeet Kune Do"; due to time restraints, it's been modified to focus on a specific series of exercises every day; the Monday-Wednesday-Friday exercises have been restricted to Monday and Friday, the Tuesday-Thursday-Saturday exercises have been relegated to Tuesday and Thursday, and running has been resigned to Wednesday and Saturday. The current plan involves doing one extra rep of each exercise, per the number of days; for example, since it's been 31 days since starting this particular series of exercises, 31 reps were done. In regard to running, a schedule of 60 seconds of running to 120 seconds of walking has been implemented, adding a minute of activity for each day since the beginning of this particular program; tomorrow, being the 32nd day of this program, will involve 11 minutes of running, in total, and 21 minutes of walking. Most of the available information on cardio - specifically, running, - has indicated that ten-second sprints, followed by 20 seconds of walking, is healthier, in general, for the body, than sustained jogging; as the goal is to improve on endurance and stamina foremost, the ratio of 1/2, walking/running, has been maintained, but the running is slower than a full sprint - still faster than a mere jog, - and the walking is maintained at a normal pace. This series allows for approximately 2.5 times faster running than walking.

Earlier programs included the "six-pack shortcuts" exercises suggested on Mike Cheng's YouTube channel; AKBAN wiki's suggested workout program; and, Jack LaLanne's workouts, per old episodes of his television program, and a random series of isometrics. Jack LaLanne always seems to suggest switching up exercises every so often, and without access to a gym or money to afford a workout program, these are the best exercises available, thus far. An elastic band is used in some of the exercises that call for weight-lifting, providing tension that simulates additional weight.
Back to top Go down
Blu Falcon

Blu Falcon

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support

Insanity Workout Empty
PostSubject: Re: Insanity Workout   Insanity Workout Icon_minitime1Fri Jul 04, 2014 2:12 pm

@Adsum Yea good thing there aren't 2 of us running around hahahaha. The name was kind of a joke when I ACTUALLY chose a name....jokes on me because it stuck hahaha. Oh well lol
Back to top Go down

Insanity Workout Empty
PostSubject: Re: Insanity Workout   Insanity Workout Icon_minitime1Tue Jul 08, 2014 12:24 am

I'm surprised that there's three Hero Mans. Not sure which were first or if I was or if they also have a personal motivation for the name. Small world, don't be too worried about having the same name as someone else, there's lots of Toms, Dicks, and Harrys out there after all.
Back to top Go down

Insanity Workout Empty
PostSubject: Re: Insanity Workout   Insanity Workout Icon_minitime1Tue Jul 08, 2014 12:24 am

And Janes, Jens and Marys.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Insanity Workout Empty
PostSubject: Re: Insanity Workout   Insanity Workout Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Insanity Workout
Page 1 of 1