Real Life Superheroes - The Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Real Life Superheroes - The Forum

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Hey everybody, what happened here?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
One Tin Soldier

Category :
  • Crime Fighter

Hey everybody, what happened here? Empty
PostSubject: Hey everybody, what happened here?   Hey everybody, what happened here? Icon_minitime1Tue Feb 17, 2015 3:55 am

Hey everybody, I noticed a few months back that this forum seemed to have disappeared from the Net and I was so bummed.  Now I just discovered that it's back, so great news!  But I'm confused.  My username and password are still intact.  What happened for a while there?  And how long has it been back up?  Or was I just having some kind of problem on my end?

Anyway, One Tin Soldier is still on duty.  Great to be back.
Back to top Go down
Equal

Equal

PostSubject: Re: Hey everybody, what happened here?   Hey everybody, what happened here? Icon_minitime1Tue Feb 17, 2015 4:48 am

We are hiding from the Nazi Frogmen.
Back to top Go down
The Black Stampede

The Black Stampede

Category :
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support

PostSubject: Re: Hey everybody, what happened here?   Hey everybody, what happened here? Icon_minitime1Tue Feb 17, 2015 5:23 am

Didn't you notice that the domain name changed? That's what happened.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hey everybody, what happened here?   Hey everybody, what happened here? Icon_minitime1Tue Feb 17, 2015 1:14 pm

Dark Guardian abandoned upkeep of the site and domain name, so it went back to the original subdomain name.
Back to top Go down
One Tin Soldier

Category :
  • Crime Fighter

PostSubject: Re: Hey everybody, what happened here?   Hey everybody, what happened here? Icon_minitime1Wed Feb 18, 2015 3:09 am

Didn't see any announcement that it was going to happen (if there was one), then the site just seemed to disappear and Google wouldn't even find it for me.  I hadn't been a member for long enough to know it had an original domain name.  A couple of days ago I randomly tried Google again and it finally found it.  Not a big deal, just glad to rediscover it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hey everybody, what happened here?   Hey everybody, what happened here? Icon_minitime1Wed Feb 18, 2015 5:57 pm

It was actually kind of unexpected, so that's why no announcement. Glad you could find it again.
Back to top Go down
The Black Stampede

The Black Stampede

Category :
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support

PostSubject: Re: Hey everybody, what happened here?   Hey everybody, what happened here? Icon_minitime1Wed Feb 18, 2015 8:47 pm

Oh dear, I just realized something! What if the reason this site isn't quite what it used to be is that a lot of people couldn't find it again or, seeing the message upon entering the old address, believed it to be shut down?
Back to top Go down
Equal

Equal

PostSubject: Re: Hey everybody, what happened here?   Hey everybody, what happened here? Icon_minitime1Thu Feb 19, 2015 2:27 am

Belive it's more because of all the crazies. DG had very low tolerance, but after he left it got crowded with 204.
Back to top Go down
The Black Stampede

The Black Stampede

Category :
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support

PostSubject: Re: Hey everybody, what happened here?   Hey everybody, what happened here? Icon_minitime1Thu Feb 19, 2015 9:47 am

Who's DG? Dark Guardian?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hey everybody, what happened here?   Hey everybody, what happened here? Icon_minitime1Thu Feb 19, 2015 11:47 am

Yeah.
Back to top Go down
Urban Avenger

Urban Avenger

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Hey everybody, what happened here?   Hey everybody, what happened here? Icon_minitime1Thu Feb 19, 2015 1:35 pm

Kinda sucks. After the domain expired someone snagged it up, and now we can't get it back.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hey everybody, what happened here?   Hey everybody, what happened here? Icon_minitime1Thu Feb 19, 2015 7:44 pm

It seems that there's a lot of money in buying recently expired domain names and selling them for higher prices, there's even software than can search for them specifically.
Back to top Go down
Ace

Ace

Category :
  • Crime Fighter

PostSubject: Re: Hey everybody, what happened here?   Hey everybody, what happened here? Icon_minitime1Thu Feb 19, 2015 10:59 pm

Actually I believe 204 used the domain for some forum that he doesn't use
Back to top Go down
The Black Stampede

The Black Stampede

Category :
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support

PostSubject: Re: Hey everybody, what happened here?   Hey everybody, what happened here? Icon_minitime1Thu Feb 19, 2015 11:13 pm

Well how's that for insult to injury?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hey everybody, what happened here?   Hey everybody, what happened here? Icon_minitime1Fri Feb 20, 2015 11:03 am

No, that's a subdomain from what I saw (http://therlsh.forumotion.net/). Current whois data for therlsh.net is:

Code:
Domain Name: THERLSH.NET[size=12][/size]
Registrar: GODADDY.COM, LLC[size=12][/size]
Sponsoring Registrar IANA ID: 146[size=12][/size]
Whois Server: whois.godaddy.com[size=12][/size]
Referral URL: http://registrar.godaddy.com[size=12][/size]
Name Server: NS01.CASHPARKING.COM[size=12][/size]
Name Server: NS02.CASHPARKING.COM[size=12][/size]
Status: clientDeleteProhibited http://www.icann.org/epp#clientDeleteProhibited[size=12][/size]
Status: clientRenewProhibited http://www.icann.org/epp#clientRenewProhibited[size=12][/size]
Status: clientTransferProhibited http://www.icann.org/epp#clientTransferProhibited[size=12][/size]
Status: clientUpdateProhibited http://www.icann.org/epp#clientUpdateProhibited[size=12][/size]
Updated Date: 17-nov-2014[size=12][/size]
Creation Date: 31-oct-2008[size=12][/size]
Expiration Date: 31-oct-2015

The nameservers are why I think it's part of an expired domain name farming scheme.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hey everybody, what happened here?   Hey everybody, what happened here? Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Hey everybody, what happened here?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Real Life Superheroes - The Forum :: General Information :: RLSH News-
Jump to: