Real Life Superheroes - The Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Real Life Superheroes - The Forum

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Making My Case

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage

Making My Case Empty
PostSubject: Making My Case   Making My Case Icon_minitime1Sun Apr 19, 2015 1:22 am

First, perhaps I should apologize for not coming forth sooner; I'm the one who was formerly known as 204. I say perhaps, because this action in and of itself is not "wrong". It hurts no one. I haven't sent any private messages, or posted any topics, or replies to topics. I like knowing what's going on in the community; I made a mistake when I said that I didn't belong here. I felt that I had to cut my ties to the past and felt at the time that being a hero was one of those ties. The truth is that I couldn't stop being a hero even if I wanted to; it's just who I am as a result of my experiences in life and my hereditary genes: http://indigosociety.com/forum/general-indigo-forums/introductions/1849809-hi-there-i-m-john

I want to make things right, and I feel I do deserve a final chance to prove that I do in fact belong here, and that I should not be permanently exiled, and I feel I can make a good case for why I should be an exception.

Let's start at the beginning of the problem; the Zero Tolerance Policy thread. That came about because of an interaction between the Magician aka Stephen Hannaway and I years ago.He told me that it was "time to put on a show". He said that he wanted to hurt and kill innocent civilians; playing the part of the supervillain. He wanted me to play the part of the hero, and pretend to catch him with him narrowly escaping my clutches at the last moment, just like a comic book, with the finishing finale act of killing Phoenix Jones "the Face of the RLSH" in order to "wake up" the community. At this point, I felt he was genuinely insane, and immediately reported him to an administrator as would be expected. Later he tried to cover his actions by saying he was only trying to bond with me (I'd just turned seventeen, he knew this). He was banned for an extremely short while. Regardless, Phoenix Jones (not saying his real name out of respect)  was notified by my mentor, Knight Hood, who left this community shortly after this incident. He felt it was absurd that the Magician was able to get away with that. 

But now let's get to the rules that I broke. I made violent threats (not to any superheroes or innocent civilians mind you, but more like implying violent threats towards people who kidnap and torture little kids to death; the people who kidnapped me when I was 12). Now, this, is an extremely obvious reaction to what was done to me; of course I have anger, OF COURSE I want to put an end to their reign of terror, and, of course I felt overwhelmed because I was "just a kid" a fact that I haven't been able to come to terms with in a long time. I never said outright that I was going to kill anyone; I've asked questions like "could I?" or "would/should I?"; I've said I wanted to; and very briefly I was actually planning to off one of the baddest on the list out there, but decided against it after thinking it over for a while. It was actually very healthy and fortunate that I was ACTUALLY thinking about it and going over things in my head. I got to the point where I was about to commence before the Freemason approached me at the capital, and turned me onto a brighter path. 

The next rule I broke, is obviously making multiple accounts. I admit, I have identity issues. Talk to Rook; he explained it wonderfully a long time ago; he's our surrogate resident psychologist so to speak. It would be weird if I was perfectly fine after Utah, but I have worked extremely hard to take my life back, and I have succeeded. I'm a hero at heart, as well as a professional hero; I'm a good person. I wasn't always able to say that to myself, but I'm pretty sure of it now. I'm not the bad guy. 

Those are the only offenses I am guilty of; some might tell you that I roleplayed as having superpowers but those who throw that around as if it has an weight at all are just ignorant, misinformed, or jumping to conclusions. I don't believe in the supernatural, and I'm not religious; I'm spiritual but I don't belong to a specific domination anymore, though I don't believe anything is genuinely inexplicable; everything happens for a reason. 

So, I am guilty of two offenses; and they weren't too extreme, nor did they hurt or threaten anyone, and so I don't feel Rule #9 should apply to me.

In my own hometown, I have inspired at least two other superheroes without even trying; who knows how many hearts and minds I've touched over the years? I've been at it ever since 2010 but only in more recent years have I been in the media. I've started something here in my town. I saw it in my friends and family first, then gradually my coworkers seemed different too; then a full out masked superhero called Yellow Hornet, and now a Batman, who wants to team up with me and form a Justice League; seeing as Hero Man is already compromised identity wise I went along with bats idea; adopting a pre-existing persona. Solves the whole "Who the heck are you supposed to be?!" question if nothing else. I still plan on joining the French Foreign Legion; I have history in France and in their military history; I just want to do it for the training and to embrace my heritage now though; not going to go through with my original post-legion plans. Not sure when; I want to have a good grasp of the French Language first; I can speak a little french. 

To further prove that I am genuinely sincere in wanting only to do good and help people, that I am DEDICATED to this path, just look at the only other thread I've posted as Star Guy; 365 Ways To Be A Hero Without Using Your Fists. Maybe it's just a stupid list to some of you, but it's everything to me; it's a map of everything I want to shape my life around. It's a vision for a better, brighter tomorrow, and I worked very hard on it to get it to that specific number. I NEVER stopped working on it. We have to expand our horizons. 

Now, back to the Zero Tolerance Policy thread. A friend asked why "everyone hated me" and UA said it was because I gave bad/dangerous advice. This however is blown out of proportion; any thinking individual can look at my posts over the years and see that the large majority of what I have to say actually has some merit to it; that I've shared far more good advice than I have bad advice. We've all made mistakes; we've all had some good things to say and some not so good things to say; I'm reminded of the piece of scripture "Let he who is without sin, cast the first stone". It was also said in the same thread by Anyman (a good friend of mine) "Always forgive, but never forget." I don't expect everyone to just forget my mistake, lol, even though that will probably happen over time has there's a lot of new faces here who have never even met me but who have been fed lies and misinformation about me by people who either truly think or genuinely trying to make me out to be the bad guy. I feel I have been a victim of injustice in this; how would you like it if people talked smack about you when you cant stand up for themselves and are denied the opportunity to? It's a pretty crappy feeling, and quite hurtful. We should hold ourselves to a higher standard than that; we may make mistakes but that's no excuse to not try to be perfect, to not be the best you you can be.

We can all use a reality check and some reflection from time to time, (which reminds me, congrats Equal; I see you're turning into a fairly nice guy; it's kinda weird but nice to see! Omen's awesome. Smile )

Rule 10 says new rules can be put into place at any time; I feel that the decision to permanently exile someone from the community should be put to a vote; all the admins and moderators should agree that the individual in question is simply too dangerous to be a part of the community. This would prevent good people such as myself, good HEROES, from ever having to be unreasonably banned with no chance of redemption. People change. Communities change. I feel it is indeed time for a new rule or two to bring truth to Dark Guardians statement of an upcoming update before he appeared to go MIA. 

But for now, I'm not asking to be let back on immediately. I know I've caused some drama, but I'm no Tothian or Magician by any means, and it hurts to be treated as such. I just wanted to let you guys know that.

I would like to return here, but I don't expect it to happen overnight and I want to be held accountable for any drama that was caused because of me. 

In recent events, I'm working with my own team here in Alaska. That article in the paper last year got the ball rolling and the few who have showed up want to team up and form a real life Justice League. That's definitely re-ignited the brighter hero in me for sure, and I'm feeling real good about the future. Abandoned my old plans of vigilantism in favor for the other option the Freemason proposed to me. The route that's perfectly legal and helps even more people; he and I are going to take over the Troubled Teen Industry as opposed to eliminating it. We want to replace the W WASPS; they kidnapped his brother and the same thing that happened to me happened to him. I was an obvious choice when we shook hands in a joint senate session in the house of representatives and he discreetly turned up the mason ring.

I'm in a much better mental space now, and so if you're already convinced, it would be nice to not have to wait another year while people continue spreading rumors and hear-say about me and talk smack to my face; give me the chance to express my side of things.
Back to top Go down
Gauge

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Non-RLSH

Making My Case Empty
PostSubject: Re: Making My Case   Making My Case Icon_minitime1Sun Apr 19, 2015 3:51 pm

So, your argument for being let back in -- oh wait, you're already here (twice) -- is that you once failed to report a conspiracy to commit murder to the police? And that you abandoned a plan to travel the country killing those who held you as a child?
As to violating the multiple accounts rule, you've done that so many times, including when you were banned, that it's ridiculous. And I believe you have at least one other account right now.
You have actually said that you possess superhuman abilities, and it was not roleplay. The posts are on the forum to read.
Your 365 Ways...is farcical. It's EVERYTHING to you? Really? So you think being a cave diver, maid, or capitalist is equivalent to being a firefighter or paramedic in terms of heroism?
And you have given dangerous advice. Telling others, new people, that they should carry a gun, and fire on those they believe are threats rather than waiting for a threat to manifest, is some of the WORST and most IRRESPONSIBLE advice one can give. It is not enough to claim you have experience at something, but it must be GOOD and RELEVANT experience, or it is useless, like virtually all of your advice.
Nobody here is spreading "lies and misinformation" about you. And you have never been a victim of injustice on this forum by any means other than your own lack of common sense.
No one can exile you from RLSH, but you have no place on this forum. You have proven this many times over.
Is that enough "to my face" talk for you?
Back to top Go down
Gauge

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Non-RLSH

Making My Case Empty
PostSubject: Re: Making My Case   Making My Case Icon_minitime1Sun Apr 19, 2015 3:58 pm

Oh, and don't send me any private messages.

consider this forewarning that I will not honor the privacy conferred by "PM", and sending me a private message will heretofore be considered consent to reprint any part or the total of such communications.

Admin: I hope this disclaimer will cover that point for the rules.
Back to top Go down
Urban Avenger

Urban Avenger

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

Making My Case Empty
PostSubject: Re: Making My Case   Making My Case Icon_minitime1Sun Apr 19, 2015 3:58 pm

I didn't even see this post. But I already banned him anyway.
Back to top Go down
Gauge

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Non-RLSH

Making My Case Empty
PostSubject: Re: Making My Case   Making My Case Icon_minitime1Sun Apr 19, 2015 4:06 pm

Yeah, I saw his mega-list first. I think he has another account too, but I hate to accuse.
Back to top Go down
Anyman

Anyman

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support
  • Non-RLSH

Making My Case Empty
PostSubject: Re: Making My Case   Making My Case Icon_minitime1Mon May 11, 2015 9:13 pm

On the other boards, he was going by Superman Prime, or something, for a while
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Making My Case Empty
PostSubject: Re: Making My Case   Making My Case Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Making My Case
Page 1 of 1