Real Life Superheroes - The Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Real Life Superheroes - The Forum

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

depression

Go down 
+3
Blue Stranger
Daremyth
nightmare
7 posters
AuthorMessage
nightmare

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

depression Empty
PostSubject: depression   depression Icon_minitime1Mon Mar 14, 2016 3:50 am

Greetings brothers. I've been going through a lot and I must say, the thing in my chest is so heavy that I wanna release it all out. The problem though, I couldn't cry. I don't know the reason why I couldn't. But please, help me out with this. This one brings me so much pain that I couldn't withstand it. I wanna throw it out but a part of me can't. It's like an itch that couldn't even scratched. I must say, this ain't like any other patrols I did. I couldn't beat this problem out of myself. Gladly, no suicidal thoughts so far. Just a bunch of thoughts that always makes me sad.
Back to top Go down
Cornelius Brunner

Cornelius Brunner

Category :
  • Non-RLSH

depression Empty
PostSubject: Re: depression   depression Icon_minitime1Mon Mar 14, 2016 6:54 am

I've yet to find a lasting remedy for my own bouts of depression, all the advice I can offer you is try and change your environment. A change of scenery, rearrange the furniture, travel, whatever. And find something to occupy yourself until you ride the storm out. Something physically demanding, work in the garden, paint a wall, clean. Something big. Volunteer work, maybe. Train harder, set goals for your weights or athletics or martial arts. Find something that really demands complete involvement, a sport, or hiking, or fishing. Try art. Music or painting or writing can get the demons out of your head and trap them on paper. Anything to shake you out of running the same circles in your head.

If it keeps getting worse, see a shrink if you have to. Psychology is a pseudo-science and they overmedicate, but if you gotta pop pills, whatever it takes to get you through the day.
Back to top Go down
nightmare

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

depression Empty
PostSubject: Re: depression   depression Icon_minitime1Mon Mar 14, 2016 11:52 am

Yeah. All of this things just bothers me a lot. It gave me a heartache (like a pounding sensation) as I remembers it. Are there any brotherly advice you have? You know, words of wisdom, maybe?
Back to top Go down
nightmare

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

depression Empty
PostSubject: Re: depression   depression Icon_minitime1Mon Mar 14, 2016 11:53 am

Truth is, girls have been crapping my head if you know what I mean, and they all just so rude as that and I couldn't get over it.
Back to top Go down
Cornelius Brunner

Cornelius Brunner

Category :
  • Non-RLSH

depression Empty
PostSubject: Re: depression   depression Icon_minitime1Tue Mar 15, 2016 8:37 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
nightmare

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

depression Empty
PostSubject: Re: depression   depression Icon_minitime1Wed Mar 16, 2016 3:18 am

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Daremyth

Daremyth

Category :
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support
  • Non-RLSH

depression Empty
PostSubject: Re: depression   depression Icon_minitime1Fri Mar 18, 2016 1:47 am

Wow. 
The stories I could tell.
Just... wow.
Back to top Go down
nightmare

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

depression Empty
PostSubject: Re: depression   depression Icon_minitime1Sat Mar 19, 2016 4:31 am

What do you mean?
Back to top Go down
Blue Stranger

Blue Stranger

Category :
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support
  • Non-RLSH

depression Empty
PostSubject: Re: depression   depression Icon_minitime1Mon Mar 21, 2016 3:14 am

Everyone's depression is different. What works for me is to process the pain into something useful, like how you'd make an antidote to a particular poison out of the poison itself. I use the "Daredevil Method"--instead of ignoring or denying my frustration/anger, I channel it into volunteer work (the more physically demanding the better) or writing.

If talking works for you, consider counseling. Don't be afraid to walk away and get another if the first few you try are idiots.
Back to top Go down
Cornelius Brunner

Cornelius Brunner

Category :
  • Non-RLSH

depression Empty
PostSubject: Re: depression   depression Icon_minitime1Mon Mar 21, 2016 8:04 am

Sometimes it's as simple as not enough selenium, sunflower seeds helps with that...
Back to top Go down
DarkShadow

DarkShadow

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Hero Support

depression Empty
PostSubject: Re: depression   depression Icon_minitime1Mon Mar 21, 2016 4:27 pm

Get a punching bag.
Set it up.
Unleash hell.
Problem solved.

Your welcome.
Back to top Go down
Gauge

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Non-RLSH

depression Empty
PostSubject: Re: depression   depression Icon_minitime1Tue Mar 22, 2016 11:30 am

Are we talking about clinical depression or simply the sad feelings we all have from time to time? Sadness is normal and healthy and helps us release pent up emotion so we can move past the sad event. Depression is a trap that keeps us pinned down. Sadness doesnt need punching bags, just a little time. Depression needs active treatment (not necessarily pharmaceutical) with participation from the afflicted.
Back to top Go down
Blue Stranger

Blue Stranger

Category :
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support
  • Non-RLSH

depression Empty
PostSubject: Re: depression   depression Icon_minitime1Wed Mar 23, 2016 6:06 pm

^I assumed clinical depression, but good point to bring up the difference.
Back to top Go down
nightmare

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

depression Empty
PostSubject: Re: depression   depression Icon_minitime1Wed Mar 30, 2016 10:46 am

Yeah
Back to top Go down
Cornelius Brunner

Cornelius Brunner

Category :
  • Non-RLSH

depression Empty
PostSubject: Re: depression   depression Icon_minitime1Wed Mar 30, 2016 12:13 pm

I could pimp a couple of self-help authors who've helped me, Geoff Thompson and Maxwell Maltz.
Back to top Go down
Anyman

Anyman

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support
  • Non-RLSH

depression Empty
PostSubject: Re: depression   depression Icon_minitime1Tue Apr 05, 2016 1:55 pm

Art of Manliness has a free .pdf, called "30 Days to A Better Man". It may help you
Back to top Go down
nightmare

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

depression Empty
PostSubject: Re: depression   depression Icon_minitime1Sun Oct 28, 2018 9:11 pm

I  cannot believe I actually posted this.. It's been two frigging years. I can't even read that post without cringing.
Back to top Go down
Anyman

Anyman

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support
  • Non-RLSH

depression Empty
PostSubject: Re: depression   depression Icon_minitime1Tue Oct 30, 2018 8:53 pm

Don't be ashamed. You were feeling vulnerable and needed to open up. It's a normal response to an abnormal circumstance.
Back to top Go down
nightmare

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

depression Empty
PostSubject: Re: depression   depression Icon_minitime1Thu Nov 01, 2018 8:56 am

Well yeah, except I have come to know the 'real' depression when it came to my face. Not this adolescent emo kid crap XD
Back to top Go down

depression Empty
PostSubject: Re: depression   depression Icon_minitime1Sun Nov 11, 2018 8:17 am

...You haven't come to known real depression until you've lost everyone and everything you've ever loved and find yourself bruised, bloodied and broken, living on the streets in a never-ending search for just a fraction of the next magic substance that will make the nightmare your life has become just a little bit more bearable.

...THAT'S depression lol.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

depression Empty
PostSubject: Re: depression   depression Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

depression
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Real Life Superheroes - The Forum :: General Information :: Training & Preparation-
Jump to: