Real Life Superheroes - The Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Real Life Superheroes - The Forum

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Yoga

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Faust

Faust

Category :
  • Non-RLSH

Yoga Empty
PostSubject: Yoga   Yoga Icon_minitime1Wed Jun 08, 2016 2:29 am

Has anyone been doing yoga for exercise? 
I had bad posture and scoliosis until bodybuilding helped me straighten out my physical proportions, but then I was having low back pain and some tightness where my curve used to be and started doing Brettzels after hearing about sport trainers using them; they helped a lot and since then I've been incorporating a lot of mobility work and yoga stretches into my routines and was wondering if anyone else had good results in using them for isometric and flexibility training?

Related link: http://breakingmuscle.com/yoga/increase-strength-by-integrating-yoga-10-essential-postures-for-strength-athletes
Back to top Go down

Yoga Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yoga   Yoga Icon_minitime1Wed Jun 08, 2016 7:31 am

I've taken some Yoga Classes. By force. They were nice. They put me into a trance like state and I always walked out feeling like I was seeing everything for the first time and just felt revitalized somehow. Supposedly it's great for the chakras too. Can't hurt.
Back to top Go down
Idea Man

Idea Man

Category :
  • Public Service

Yoga Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yoga   Yoga Icon_minitime1Wed Jun 08, 2016 8:09 pm

My gym offers free yoga classes.  I haven't done it yet, but I intend to at some point.
Back to top Go down
Anyman

Anyman

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support
  • Non-RLSH

Yoga Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yoga   Yoga Icon_minitime1Mon Jul 04, 2016 9:31 pm

Not too much, but some. When I was in BCT, part of PT involved yoga stretches; mainly, upward dog and downward dog. As I mentioned elsewhere, I've been doing Darebee workouts, and some of them include yoga. It can be really difficult, if you just jump into the advanced stuff without enough flexibility, but the basics are great, and pretty much anybody can do the basic maneuvers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Yoga Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yoga   Yoga Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Yoga
Page 1 of 1