Real Life Superheroes - The Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Real Life Superheroes - The Forum

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Revolution Parkour

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Idea Man

Idea Man

Category :
  • Public Service

Revolution Parkour Empty
PostSubject: Revolution Parkour   Revolution Parkour Icon_minitime1Thu Jun 09, 2016 9:35 am

There is a local parkour gym that I want to try.  They offer one free class.  I have been working out at a regular gym, and I plan to try the parkour class once I am able to climb on top of an object taller than myself.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down

Revolution Parkour Empty
PostSubject: Re: Revolution Parkour   Revolution Parkour Icon_minitime1Thu Jun 09, 2016 4:20 pm

Coolness. I've wanted to get into this for a while. It would be ideal for Foot Chases.
Back to top Go down
Idea Man

Idea Man

Category :
  • Public Service

Revolution Parkour Empty
PostSubject: Re: Revolution Parkour   Revolution Parkour Icon_minitime1Thu Jun 09, 2016 11:21 pm

Star Guy wrote:
It would be ideal for Foot Chases.

Yeah, especially if I am the one running away from the other person.
Back to top Go down

Revolution Parkour Empty
PostSubject: Re: Revolution Parkour   Revolution Parkour Icon_minitime1Fri Jun 10, 2016 4:50 am

^^ My thoughts exactly. I don't chase people down.
Back to top Go down
Idea Man

Idea Man

Category :
  • Public Service

Revolution Parkour Empty
PostSubject: Re: Revolution Parkour   Revolution Parkour Icon_minitime1Sat Jun 11, 2016 8:35 pm

I think that parkour should be part of all self-defense training.
Back to top Go down

Revolution Parkour Empty
PostSubject: Re: Revolution Parkour   Revolution Parkour Icon_minitime1Sat Jun 11, 2016 9:12 pm

Understandable; it can be invaluable in escaping from pursuers therefore protecting yourself. Those folks who say running away and hiding is the "coward's way out" just annoy the crap out of me; there's no shame in running away and hiding when you know that you're in a battle that you cannot win. Continuing to fight would just be a slow way to commit suicide.
Back to top Go down
Anyman

Anyman

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support
  • Non-RLSH

Revolution Parkour Empty
PostSubject: Re: Revolution Parkour   Revolution Parkour Icon_minitime1Mon Jul 04, 2016 9:28 pm

It's an outsider's opinion, but it seems to me that knowing about physics would give you an advantage in parkour/freerunning
Back to top Go down
Cornelius Brunner

Cornelius Brunner

Category :
  • Non-RLSH

Revolution Parkour Empty
PostSubject: Re: Revolution Parkour   Revolution Parkour Icon_minitime1Fri Jul 08, 2016 2:14 am

This might help.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Gauge

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Non-RLSH

Revolution Parkour Empty
PostSubject: Re: Revolution Parkour   Revolution Parkour Icon_minitime1Sat Jul 09, 2016 8:28 pm

Running isn't always the best option. If you feel you can't outrun the person who wants to harm you, it's best to fight and fight hard. You don't want to be exhausted from a foot chase and then have to fight anyway. It's all situational.
Back to top Go down
Cornelius Brunner

Cornelius Brunner

Category :
  • Non-RLSH

Revolution Parkour Empty
PostSubject: Re: Revolution Parkour   Revolution Parkour Icon_minitime1Sun Jul 10, 2016 6:22 am

It certainly lets you pick the battlefield, which is sometimes all you need.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Revolution Parkour Empty
PostSubject: Re: Revolution Parkour   Revolution Parkour Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Revolution Parkour
Page 1 of 1