Real Life Superheroes - The Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Real Life Superheroes - The Forum

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Weighted Clothing

Go down 
+2
Flora V. Arbor
The Grey Man
6 posters
AuthorMessage

Weighted Clothing Empty
PostSubject: Weighted Clothing   Weighted Clothing Icon_minitime1Sun Aug 16, 2009 6:25 pm

Does anyone here use weighted clothing during work outs? Are they effective?
Back to top Go down

Weighted Clothing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weighted Clothing   Weighted Clothing Icon_minitime1Sun Aug 16, 2009 7:35 pm

I haven't used weighted clothing, but I have used ankle weights. I noticed a little bit of a difference. Helps you tone while doing cardio. I wouldn't replace a workout with weights with weighted clothing or ankle weights though. I did feel faster though. I felt like I had gained speed.
Back to top Go down

Weighted Clothing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weighted Clothing   Weighted Clothing Icon_minitime1Sun Aug 16, 2009 8:45 pm

See these threads I posted:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
The Grey Man

The Grey Man

Weighted Clothing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weighted Clothing   Weighted Clothing Icon_minitime1Mon Aug 09, 2010 3:01 pm

I use weighted gloves during my workout, just 1lb per hand, but it makes a pretty big difference. Just try them while jumping rope for cardio and you'll be suprised!
Back to top Go down

Weighted Clothing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weighted Clothing   Weighted Clothing Icon_minitime1Wed Aug 11, 2010 11:09 am

Funny thing, I just posted ablog about this very topic. I must admit that I felt a dramatically positive improvement in speed and power. I particularly got a lot out of speed bag drills and grappling drills with extremity weights as a supplement.
Back to top Go down

Weighted Clothing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weighted Clothing   Weighted Clothing Icon_minitime1Sun Aug 29, 2010 6:20 pm

I don't but my new uniform I am getting while i build up peaces of my main uniform is going to be completely weighted.
Back to top Go down
Flora V. Arbor

Flora V. Arbor

Category :
  • Public Service

Weighted Clothing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weighted Clothing   Weighted Clothing Icon_minitime1Sun Aug 29, 2010 9:17 pm

Weights on ankles can RUIN knees.

PLEASE be careful!

One pound weights on wrists is A+

proven to be the BEST weight a looooong time ago and well-tested.

Weighted vests are great
but hot muscles don't work well.

So, add ice packs
Back to top Go down

Weighted Clothing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weighted Clothing   Weighted Clothing Icon_minitime1Sun Aug 29, 2010 9:19 pm

thanks. Your smart for some one so young.
Back to top Go down
Flora V. Arbor

Flora V. Arbor

Category :
  • Public Service

Weighted Clothing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weighted Clothing   Weighted Clothing Icon_minitime1Sun Aug 29, 2010 9:22 pm

me - not young.

I'm 51
Back to top Go down

Weighted Clothing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weighted Clothing   Weighted Clothing Icon_minitime1Sun Aug 29, 2010 9:24 pm

that's still young. but who am I to say
Back to top Go down
Flora V. Arbor

Flora V. Arbor

Category :
  • Public Service

Weighted Clothing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weighted Clothing   Weighted Clothing Icon_minitime1Sun Aug 29, 2010 9:28 pm

you are too young to even be my son, son!

Wink

I am a vessel of my teachers and happy to know more than I used to!!!!!!
Back to top Go down

Weighted Clothing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weighted Clothing   Weighted Clothing Icon_minitime1Sun Aug 29, 2010 9:29 pm

lol ok ok
Back to top Go down
the crimson fist

the crimson fist

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

Weighted Clothing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weighted Clothing   Weighted Clothing Icon_minitime1Sun Aug 29, 2010 11:59 pm

flora's advice is very sound here. Weighted gear is for training, not for patrolling.

Too much weight on the ankles is how I ruined my knee. Don't make the same mistake.
Back to top Go down
Flora V. Arbor

Flora V. Arbor

Category :
  • Public Service

Weighted Clothing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weighted Clothing   Weighted Clothing Icon_minitime1Mon Aug 30, 2010 12:04 am

I need to do a thread on knees.

Knee Needs

i so foony to myself all the time all the time
Back to top Go down
Superhuman

Superhuman

Category :
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support

Weighted Clothing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weighted Clothing   Weighted Clothing Icon_minitime1Mon Aug 30, 2010 6:00 am

I train with ankle weights too, They helped me build up my speed in kicking I 've been doing it for years... Although like Flora V said be careful! If you put too much weight on your ankle you can injure yourself!!! Always use caution and always stretch before doing any training!
Back to top Go down

Weighted Clothing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weighted Clothing   Weighted Clothing Icon_minitime1Mon Aug 30, 2010 6:03 am

k thanks guys for the help. My next picture for my profile should be coming soon. Waiting for it to arrive in the mail. My uniform that is.
Back to top Go down
The Samaritan

The Samaritan

Weighted Clothing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weighted Clothing   Weighted Clothing Icon_minitime1Mon Sep 13, 2010 5:56 pm

I often wear 27lbs of chainmail armor while training or just walking around, but never on patrol. I once heard a story of hercules and how he gained his stregth of legend. He picked a young calf and bore him on his back every day, all day. As the calf grew to become a bull so did Hercules' strength and muscles. This story was sort of my inspiration for wearing the armor and adding more weight when I had grow strong enough to move unimpeded by itKs weight. I noticed grow in speed and strenght as well as jumping ability (which in the art I practice is important). I continue to train with weight but am looking for a weight vest, my sweat began to rust the armor, and will continue to do so for as long as I am able to train.
Back to top Go down
Champion

Champion

Weighted Clothing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weighted Clothing   Weighted Clothing Icon_minitime1Mon Sep 13, 2010 6:01 pm

i have a weighted vest but its cheap and when I move it bounces and jerks down on my shoulders. after i have my outfit finally done i will move onto training gear and i plan on looking into the good weighted vests that have multiple tightening points to secure to you from all sides.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Weighted Clothing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weighted Clothing   Weighted Clothing Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Weighted Clothing
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Real Life Superheroes - The Forum :: General Information :: Training & Preparation-
Jump to: