Real Life Superheroes - The Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Real Life Superheroes - The Forum

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Vehicle identification

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Geist

Geist

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support

Vehicle identification Empty
PostSubject: Vehicle identification   Vehicle identification Icon_minitime1Mon Dec 19, 2016 5:32 pm

I think one skill we could all learn and be better at is vehicle identification. How often do you hear someone vaguely describe a car as "a green sedan, not sure if it was a four-door or two?" 

Wouldn't it be better at this to the point where you could say, "It was a two-door dark green Ford Maverick. I think maybe a '78."

I'm not much of a gear-head, but I'm trying to get better at noticing the different makes and models of cars so that I might be more useful as a witness.
Back to top Go down
Gauge

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Non-RLSH

PostSubject: Re: Vehicle identification   Vehicle identification Icon_minitime1Mon Dec 19, 2016 5:48 pm

Being a good witness is a valuable skill. Getting good at IDing cars and people in such detail takes o observation and practice. One good practice tip is to carry a notebook to write down descriptions, and follow a checklist.

Cars: LICENSE PLATE & STATE, make, model, color, 2/4-door, damage (including tires), distinguishing features or design elements (such as convertible top, after market spoiler, bumper stickers, etc.).

People: You guys make the list! Smile
Back to top Go down
Anyman

Anyman

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support
  • Non-RLSH

PostSubject: Re: Vehicle identification   Vehicle identification Icon_minitime1Thu Dec 22, 2016 1:39 am

I practice with getting license plates and state. I tend to miss the forest for the trees with cars, and it makes getting the make and model difficult
Back to top Go down
Gauge

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Non-RLSH

PostSubject: Re: Vehicle identification   Vehicle identification Icon_minitime1Thu Dec 22, 2016 3:32 am

If it is a dynamic situation, plate and state may be the best you can do, but color should be easy for most.
Back to top Go down
Blue Stranger

Blue Stranger

Category :
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support
  • Non-RLSH

PostSubject: Re: Vehicle identification   Vehicle identification Icon_minitime1Tue Dec 27, 2016 10:39 am

I freely admit I need to learn more about cars. And motorcycles, come to think of it. I would like to know I can communicate what I saw quickly if I should ever need to. Luckily I'm already good at license plates and, with regard to people, voices and tattoos.
Back to top Go down
Anyman

Anyman

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support
  • Non-RLSH

PostSubject: Re: Vehicle identification   Vehicle identification Icon_minitime1Fri Dec 30, 2016 2:40 pm

I know a guy, who's father has hypervigilance, and has raised him to constantly be aware of his surroundings and notice little details. He says it gets frustrating; around his father, he feels oblivious, but around anyone else, he feels like he's strange, for always noticing the little things
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Vehicle identification   Vehicle identification Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Vehicle identification
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Real Life Superheroes - The Forum :: General Information :: Skills-
Jump to: