Real Life Superheroes - The Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Real Life Superheroes - The Forum

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The authorities monitoring RLSH as radicals

Go down 
+5
Savage
omen
Gauge
Equal
Batman973
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Savage

Category :
  • Crime Fighter

The authorities monitoring RLSH as radicals  Empty
PostSubject: The authorities monitoring RLSH as radicals    The authorities monitoring RLSH as radicals  Icon_minitime1Thu Dec 22, 2016 11:34 pm

The subject of previous government infiltration tactics in relation to issues like the environment and abortion may now be being used on members of the RLSH community , but with even more free reign than ever before due to the anti terrorism laws now in effect. Does anyone have a story to share about an encounter with a government information gatherer?
Back to top Go down
omen

omen

Category :
  • Non-RLSH

PostSubject: Re: The authorities monitoring RLSH as radicals    The authorities monitoring RLSH as radicals  Icon_minitime1Fri Dec 23, 2016 1:27 am

Uh… do you have any proof of this? I’m very serious.

Are you speculating or do you actually have some type of information/data to reinforce this premise?

We’ve had undercover reporters on this board, which was proven as a fact… but, ‘government information gatherers’? I know nothing about that.

I’ve heard terms like nerds, geeks, weirdos, cosplayers, guardians, and vigilantes, but I have yet to hear the term ‘RADICALS’ attached to the RLSH title.

I can’t speak for anyone else, but I would be careful about Conspiracy Theories and paranoia feeding.

If you know something we don’t, please share it, SAVAGE. Where is this coming from?

-Omen
Back to top Go down
Gauge

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Non-RLSH

PostSubject: Re: The authorities monitoring RLSH as radicals    The authorities monitoring RLSH as radicals  Icon_minitime1Fri Dec 23, 2016 2:34 am

It sounds as though you are suggesting the government takes the RLSH as a legitimate threat, in need of close scrutiny, and are perhaps availing themselves of provisions of the USA PATRIOT Act to conduct surveillance.

The government is pretty good at conducting surveillance without being discovered, so the chances that someone will have such an experience is limited, but you might have luck gathering stories of how RLSH have interacted with authorities on a local or even state level.

The reason I think the government is not too concerned with the RLSH is because the community is generally interested in helping people, not harming, and in the past five years has lost its sense of cohesion. RLSH has never functioned as an organized criminal enterprise, capable of conducting terrorist acts, even if we were so inclined.
Back to top Go down
Savage

Category :
  • Crime Fighter

PostSubject: Re: The authorities monitoring RLSH as radicals    The authorities monitoring RLSH as radicals  Icon_minitime1Fri Dec 23, 2016 11:05 am

Again if anyone legitimate has anything of value to share please feel free.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The authorities monitoring RLSH as radicals    The authorities monitoring RLSH as radicals  Icon_minitime1Fri Dec 23, 2016 11:17 am

Omen and Gauge are both legitimate. This is coming from someone who's seen their bad sides. They've showed remarkable patience with you; I think you may be over-reacting. Happens to the best of us. 

As far as the authorities monitoring us, they have better things to do. We're not special, and by and large, we are of little consequence in the grand scheme of things. 

Back to top Go down
Savage

Category :
  • Crime Fighter

PostSubject: Re: The authorities monitoring RLSH as radicals    The authorities monitoring RLSH as radicals  Icon_minitime1Fri Dec 23, 2016 11:19 am

Well I disagree.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The authorities monitoring RLSH as radicals    The authorities monitoring RLSH as radicals  Icon_minitime1Fri Dec 23, 2016 11:20 am

Okay.
Back to top Go down
Batman973

Batman973

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: The authorities monitoring RLSH as radicals    The authorities monitoring RLSH as radicals  Icon_minitime1Fri Dec 23, 2016 12:21 pm

Savage you can't keep making claims then get upset when other ask for further information or some form of proof that's just counter productive
Back to top Go down
Savage

Category :
  • Crime Fighter

PostSubject: Re: The authorities monitoring RLSH as radicals    The authorities monitoring RLSH as radicals  Icon_minitime1Fri Dec 23, 2016 12:26 pm

Not upset at all. Just not being steered by people who do not have my best interest at heart. Thanks for chiming in impartially again friend. Always great to know the lifeguard is at the pool.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The authorities monitoring RLSH as radicals    The authorities monitoring RLSH as radicals  Icon_minitime1Fri Dec 23, 2016 12:38 pm

It's okay to be upset. But remember that what you reap, so shall you sow.
Back to top Go down
Savage

Category :
  • Crime Fighter

PostSubject: Re: The authorities monitoring RLSH as radicals    The authorities monitoring RLSH as radicals  Icon_minitime1Fri Dec 23, 2016 1:09 pm

Thanks again.
Back to top Go down
Equal

Equal

PostSubject: Re: The authorities monitoring RLSH as radicals    The authorities monitoring RLSH as radicals  Icon_minitime1Fri Dec 23, 2016 3:05 pm

We better get our tinfoil hats, just in case.
Back to top Go down
omen

omen

Category :
  • Non-RLSH

PostSubject: Re: The authorities monitoring RLSH as radicals    The authorities monitoring RLSH as radicals  Icon_minitime1Fri Dec 23, 2016 3:16 pm

And what is YOUR best interest, SAVAGE?

What made you choose and present this premise?

Do you have anything more to add or are you merely speculating?

Are the 'Authorities monitoring RLSH as radicals?

Where did you get this information?
Back to top Go down
Gauge

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Non-RLSH

PostSubject: Re: The authorities monitoring RLSH as radicals    The authorities monitoring RLSH as radicals  Icon_minitime1Fri Dec 23, 2016 5:32 pm

Do you just want to hear the replies you hope to hear or do you want to hear the truth?
Back to top Go down
Savage

Category :
  • Crime Fighter

PostSubject: Re: The authorities monitoring RLSH as radicals    The authorities monitoring RLSH as radicals  Icon_minitime1Fri Dec 23, 2016 7:30 pm

Wow, methinks the lady doth protest to much. Why the hostility? Is this subject taboo?
Back to top Go down
Gauge

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Non-RLSH

PostSubject: Re: The authorities monitoring RLSH as radicals    The authorities monitoring RLSH as radicals  Icon_minitime1Fri Dec 23, 2016 8:18 pm

Savage, I regret if my position was unclear by my post. Perhaps I can unmuddy the waters. Here is the truth:

If the government is monitoring RLSH activity, it is on a level below notice, and so no RLSH has had such an experience. Your premise that RLSH are being monitored as possible terrorist threats is flawed because RLSH do not plan terror attacks. They plan blanket drives for the homeless, patrols to s t o p crimes, and community enhancement projects. This is not behavior the government "red flags." 

When you get an honest answer to a question, and dismiss the reply because you don't like it, that is unproductive in a forum. If ANYONE knows of government surveillance of RLSH, they would have mentioned it before now.
Back to top Go down
Savage

Category :
  • Crime Fighter

PostSubject: Re: The authorities monitoring RLSH as radicals    The authorities monitoring RLSH as radicals  Icon_minitime1Fri Dec 23, 2016 9:04 pm

I know different. Again all opinions are welcome. Even wrong ones.
Back to top Go down
Gauge

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Non-RLSH

PostSubject: Re: The authorities monitoring RLSH as radicals    The authorities monitoring RLSH as radicals  Icon_minitime1Fri Dec 23, 2016 9:08 pm

If you know this is happening, then you must have a story of your own or one that was shared with you that prompted this post. Please share.
Back to top Go down
Savage

Category :
  • Crime Fighter

PostSubject: Re: The authorities monitoring RLSH as radicals    The authorities monitoring RLSH as radicals  Icon_minitime1Fri Dec 23, 2016 9:16 pm

One method is entering a community, making themselves an integral and needed part of an organization, discrediting and removing any key members. Marginalizing and alienating the rest. This was used on black rights activists. Feminists. Suspected political dissidents. The term COINTELPRO was often used to describe these operations.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The authorities monitoring RLSH as radicals    The authorities monitoring RLSH as radicals  Icon_minitime1Fri Dec 23, 2016 9:23 pm

I don't buy it. That's merely manipulation. Authorities would investigate, not try to play a proverbial game of chess with superheroes as the chess pieces. That's ridiculous. If you have PROOF of this, that would be entirely different. But you don't, so really, I feel this is all a waste of time. Get to the point. Why the hell should we care if Big Brother's watching? There's nothing we can do about it. They watch everybody. Chances are they're more concerned with LEGITIMATE threats to national security. Not playing senseless mind games with random citizens.
Back to top Go down
Savage

Category :
  • Crime Fighter

PostSubject: Re: The authorities monitoring RLSH as radicals    The authorities monitoring RLSH as radicals  Icon_minitime1Fri Dec 23, 2016 9:25 pm

You could do a little research...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The authorities monitoring RLSH as radicals    The authorities monitoring RLSH as radicals  Icon_minitime1Fri Dec 23, 2016 9:28 pm

I'm not going on a wild goose chase when there's no goose. 

I already know that the government spies on civilians. This isn't News. 

In fact they just made a movie about it; haven't seen it yet but I'd like to. Snowden.
Back to top Go down
Savage

Category :
  • Crime Fighter

PostSubject: Re: The authorities monitoring RLSH as radicals    The authorities monitoring RLSH as radicals  Icon_minitime1Fri Dec 23, 2016 9:30 pm

It was a good movie. I can verify that one of the heroes on the picture for this website told me firsthand he was approached by government observers.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The authorities monitoring RLSH as radicals    The authorities monitoring RLSH as radicals  Icon_minitime1Fri Dec 23, 2016 9:31 pm

Master Legend?
Back to top Go down
Savage

Category :
  • Crime Fighter

PostSubject: Re: The authorities monitoring RLSH as radicals    The authorities monitoring RLSH as radicals  Icon_minitime1Fri Dec 23, 2016 9:31 pm

No
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The authorities monitoring RLSH as radicals    The authorities monitoring RLSH as radicals  Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

The authorities monitoring RLSH as radicals
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next