Real Life Superheroes - The Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Real Life Superheroes - The Forum

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Effective Self Defense Knowledge

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Difae

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support

Effective Self Defense Knowledge Empty
PostSubject: Effective Self Defense Knowledge   Effective Self Defense Knowledge Icon_minitime1Tue Dec 11, 2018 11:46 am

If anybody needs info on practical C.Q.C., I'm your guy. I don't use my arts as a "self defense", more like a combat sport, but I added that title to bring the attention of people who want to protect themselves.
Back to top Go down
Cornelius Brunner

Cornelius Brunner

Category :
  • Non-RLSH

PostSubject: Re: Effective Self Defense Knowledge   Effective Self Defense Knowledge Icon_minitime1Fri Dec 14, 2018 9:30 pm

What kind of styles do you use?
Back to top Go down
Difae

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support

PostSubject: Re: Effective Self Defense Knowledge   Effective Self Defense Knowledge Icon_minitime1Fri Dec 14, 2018 9:37 pm

Cornelius Brunner wrote:

Krav Maga with a boxing base (Not affiliated with Self defense systems) and U.S. Army Combatives, is what i use for practical reasons.

Sent from Topic'it App
Back to top Go down
Equal

Equal

PostSubject: Re: Effective Self Defense Knowledge   Effective Self Defense Knowledge Icon_minitime1Fri Jan 18, 2019 9:48 am

Unfortunately, you don't get far with knowledge. You need to train you body and mind. And not get to violent in the process. And there's always a price.
Back to top Go down
Batman973

Batman973

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Effective Self Defense Knowledge   Effective Self Defense Knowledge Icon_minitime1Fri Jan 18, 2019 11:36 am

How does one practice Krav Maga without it being self defense considered that’s what it was made for?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Effective Self Defense Knowledge   Effective Self Defense Knowledge Icon_minitime1Fri Jan 18, 2019 3:51 pm

I'm kinda confused on that too. Wonder if he was talking about Commando Krav Maga; that's often referred to as a "Self Defense System" designed by Moni Aizik. I think the original Krav Maga designed by Imi Lichtenfield though was just called a martial art lol. Moni Aizik basically just tried to make it more brutal and devastating, and took to calling it a Self Defense System instead of a martial art, even though all martial arts are pretty much self defense systems in their own way. 

Thinking it's just a case of semantics. =/
Back to top Go down
Equal

Equal

PostSubject: Re: Effective Self Defense Knowledge   Effective Self Defense Knowledge Icon_minitime1Sun Jan 20, 2019 5:25 am

Systems need refreshing, as they always stray from their roots when practiced in peace time.
Back to top Go down
Difae

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support

PostSubject: Re: Effective Self Defense Knowledge   Effective Self Defense Knowledge Icon_minitime1Sun Mar 03, 2019 2:47 pm

Guest wrote:
I'm kinda confused on that too. Wonder if he was talking about Commando Krav Maga; that's often referred to as a "Self Defense System" designed by Moni Aizik. I think the original Krav Maga designed by Imi Lichtenfield though was just called a martial art lol. Moni Aizik basically just tried to make it more brutal and devastating, and took to calling it a Self Defense System instead of a martial art, even though all martial arts are pretty much self defense systems in their own way. 

Thinking it's just a case of semantics. =/

Commando Krav Maga is an ineffective excuse for Krav Maga. It is impractical in comparison and can more closely be compared to Aikido.

Sent from Topic'it App
Back to top Go down
Difae

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support

PostSubject: Re: Effective Self Defense Knowledge   Effective Self Defense Knowledge Icon_minitime1Sun Mar 03, 2019 2:50 pm

Batman973 wrote:
How does one practice Krav Maga without it being self defense considered that’s what it was made for?

The Israeli Defense Force, does not see Krav Maga as a self defense art. Real Krav is Offensive, rather than Defensive. Also it's not going to be Brutal, unless you let it. It's a fighting style, you control yourself.

Sent from Topic'it App
Back to top Go down
illyaking

illyaking

Category :
  • Non-RLSH

PostSubject: Re: Effective Self Defense Knowledge   Effective Self Defense Knowledge Icon_minitime1Tue Feb 20, 2024 1:24 am

Difae wrote:
Cornelius Brunner wrote:

Krav Maga with a boxing base (Not affiliated with Self defense systems) and U.S. Army Combatives, is what i use for practical reasons.

Sent from Topic'it App

I took Krav for a decade. I had to stop because I moved. My knees were also getting worn down. I was warned by my doctor I could only do it for so long. I also have some slight nerve damage in my left hand. 

I think sometimes we need to remember the long term effects of some martial arts.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Effective Self Defense Knowledge   Effective Self Defense Knowledge Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Effective Self Defense Knowledge
Page 1 of 1