Real Life Superheroes - The Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Real Life Superheroes - The Forum

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Push Ups & Planks

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
The Green Guardian

The Green Guardian

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

Push Ups & Planks Empty
PostSubject: Push Ups & Planks   Push Ups & Planks Icon_minitime1Tue Oct 20, 2009 9:48 pm

I've been doing lots of push ups and planks lately and it seems like my back is sore. Idk if my technique is wrong but I don't think it is because I try to keep myself as level as possible. With the planks especially I feel like my abs aren't burning as much as they used to and somehow my back feels strained, any tips or thoughts?
Back to top Go down
Jack Shadow

Jack Shadow

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support
  • Non-RLSH

Push Ups & Planks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Push Ups & Planks   Push Ups & Planks Icon_minitime1Wed Oct 21, 2009 9:48 am

Last edited by Jack Shadow on Mon Dec 21, 2009 4:05 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

Push Ups & Planks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Push Ups & Planks   Push Ups & Planks Icon_minitime1Wed Oct 21, 2009 12:22 pm

Try doing side bends with weights and overhead side bends with weights... when you strengthen your core it should strengthen your back. Also I'm a be believer in Yoga.
Back to top Go down

Push Ups & Planks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Push Ups & Planks   Push Ups & Planks Icon_minitime1Wed Oct 21, 2009 2:00 pm

if you're ready to move up with your planks, consider performing them with your feet elevated or on a swiss ball.

check out Menhealth.com , Mensfitness.com , etc. they all have great information.
Back to top Go down
The Green Guardian

The Green Guardian

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

Push Ups & Planks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Push Ups & Planks   Push Ups & Planks Icon_minitime1Wed Oct 21, 2009 11:32 pm

Thanks for the info and the links guys. For my push ups I've been using the "perfect push up" [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I'll try to do more back related workouts so the there won't be as much strain while I do planks.
Back to top Go down

Push Ups & Planks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Push Ups & Planks   Push Ups & Planks Icon_minitime1Thu Oct 22, 2009 3:41 am

Jack Shadow has a good point. Because you should never stick to one type of training routine for more than a few weeks at a time. Swtich it around. In fact, some days do cardio, some days do weightlifting. Do different types of training. Be creative.

And make sure you have the proper diet to go along with it. Eat foods with little or no fat, and lots of protein. Lots of hydration and drinking teas like green tea with ginseng, or peppermint teas are very healthy.

Stretch before and after your workouts. 8 hours of sleep a day is necessary too.
Back to top Go down
The Green Guardian

The Green Guardian

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

Push Ups & Planks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Push Ups & Planks   Push Ups & Planks Icon_minitime1Thu Oct 22, 2009 5:06 pm

Any idea of what types of hi-protein and low fat foods you would recommend?
Back to top Go down
Jack Shadow

Jack Shadow

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support
  • Non-RLSH

Push Ups & Planks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Push Ups & Planks   Push Ups & Planks Icon_minitime1Thu Oct 22, 2009 5:34 pm

Last edited by Jack Shadow on Mon Dec 21, 2009 4:05 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

Push Ups & Planks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Push Ups & Planks   Push Ups & Planks Icon_minitime1Fri Oct 23, 2009 3:58 am

ostrich, i hear is super lean. salmon is a great source of omega threes, which is good for heart health.
Back to top Go down

Push Ups & Planks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Push Ups & Planks   Push Ups & Planks Icon_minitime1Sat Oct 24, 2009 3:32 am

If you want to have more of a bodybuilder size, then let's say you're 180 lbs, then eat about 180g of protein every day. Most preferably within 5 or 6 meals a day, as the body cannot absorb more than 32g of protein every 3 hours.

If you want to be more toned, then again assuming you're 180 lbs, then eat 120g of protein daily.

Various types of fish/sea food are great sources of protein, and usually have very little if any fat. Although not usually much carbs, if any. Carbs without sugars are the good carbs, and help the body more easily absorb protein.

Although obviously, having lots of protein in your body without exercising at least 3 times a week, can easily be turned in to body fat.

1 whole egg plus every egg after that within that serving only being egg whites, turkey slices, tilapia fish, scallops, tuna fish, pretty much any kind of fish but look on the back of the boxes and you'll see how much fat, carbs, and protein are in each.
Back to top Go down

Push Ups & Planks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Push Ups & Planks   Push Ups & Planks Icon_minitime1Mon Nov 23, 2009 7:20 am

The Green Guardian wrote:
I've been doing lots of push ups and planks lately and it seems like my back is sore. Idk if my technique is wrong but I don't think it is because I try to keep myself as level as possible. With the planks especially I feel like my abs aren't burning as much as they used to and somehow my back feels strained, any tips or thoughts?

When you say planks are you talking about real planks? If so I can see that, especially if you’re not used to doing them but I don’t think those Pilates type planks would hurt your back, but I’m only saying that because I’ve done real planks before, maybe you just need to develop the mussels first or maybe the way your doing them is wrong. I’ve learn one thing from doing strenuous exercise and that’s some movements come easier to some people while other movements comes easier to other people. I’ve seen guys break bones doing simple shit, trust me it’s not worth it, always listen to your body.
Back to top Go down
The Green Guardian

The Green Guardian

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

Push Ups & Planks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Push Ups & Planks   Push Ups & Planks Icon_minitime1Mon Nov 23, 2009 2:12 pm

I've been doing real planks, none of the pilates or ball workouts.

Just the simple "push-up" position, only on your fore arms and holding the position while keeping the back/body level and straight.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Push Ups & Planks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Push Ups & Planks   Push Ups & Planks Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Push Ups & Planks
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Real Life Superheroes - The Forum :: General Information :: Training & Preparation-
Jump to: