Real Life Superheroes - The Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Real Life Superheroes - The Forum

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Combatives Training Manual

Go down 
+3
E0N (Inactive)
Atavistik
Silver Sentinel
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Silver Sentinel

Silver Sentinel

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

Combatives Training Manual Empty
PostSubject: Combatives Training Manual   Combatives Training Manual Icon_minitime1Sat Mar 06, 2010 1:25 am

The following is a link to downloading the latest U.S. Army Field Manual for Combatives (FM 3-25.150). It includes Gracie jiu-jitsu and is an excellent resource for offensive and defensive hand-to-hand combat training.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Atavistik

Atavistik

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Combatives Training Manual   Combatives Training Manual Icon_minitime1Sat Mar 06, 2010 1:33 am

wow..... I might have to stay offline for a week to download that. when I do, can I print it? I couldn't stay there, my Provider is kinda finnicky about how much internet they provide each month. if I do too many downloads they freeze my service til my usage drops. then it's no more fun for Ata Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
Silver Sentinel

Silver Sentinel

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Combatives Training Manual   Combatives Training Manual Icon_minitime1Sat Mar 06, 2010 2:26 am

Yes, you can download and print the manual. It is properly aligned so you shouldn't have any split images or anything. It is the actual manual used by the U.S. Army for training in actual combat conditions (not just hypothetical gym lessons).

Because the manual is 264 pages, I would suggest buying a hardcopy version instead of printing it out (unless you have access to a good double-sided printer and a good-sized three ring binder. The pictures might print out dark if you don't watch your settings.

The manual is free and completely legal to possess.
Back to top Go down
E0N (Inactive)

E0N (Inactive)

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Combatives Training Manual   Combatives Training Manual Icon_minitime1Thu Jun 03, 2010 7:55 pm

Good find. Yeah, this is what I got up extra early for every day for my first few months here in California. Razz

I'd say at least get a partner to try and work through this stuff with you. It's mainly intended to be learned through exercises and drills. One guy in my class had a background in jiu-jitsu and found it pretty easy. He always kind of had to hold back because of the progression.

Frankly all I distinctly remember from my level 1 combatives course is how to choke someone out. I wish the manual clearly separated out the drills more.

I honestly don't know how trying to do this stuff in (army) field gear would work, though.
Back to top Go down
Roswell

Roswell

Category :
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support

PostSubject: Re: Combatives Training Manual   Combatives Training Manual Icon_minitime1Sat Jul 17, 2010 7:48 am

Cool, thanks for the freebie!
Back to top Go down
Silver Sentinel

Silver Sentinel

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Combatives Training Manual   Combatives Training Manual Icon_minitime1Sat Aug 28, 2010 3:59 am

*bump*
Back to top Go down
Victor M Lyon

Victor M Lyon

PostSubject: Escrima and angles   Combatives Training Manual Icon_minitime1Wed Oct 06, 2010 7:48 am

In my (Serrada, largo mano, cadena de mano) escrima group in 1974 we studied all these angles (see 7-1) and more and learned at least three pass/block-counterstrike responses to attacks from each angle.

We learned inside and outside passes and hard stop-blocks. You figure out quickly that the routines shift easily between angles, especially the blocks.

The cadena de mano techniques fall out of the stick/blade art, mostly just smaller movements closer in. The largo sweeps were with 36" rattan sticks, Serrada with a 24" rattan stick, and cadena de mano with knives or barehanded. We did sinawali too, but I never could get the moves internalized.

We practiced in pitch black, pairs back to back against groups, all sorts of things, in forests and on lawns, not in a dojo. It is where I learned to love blades.

If you have only taken strip-mall JKD classes you may not realize that the more dangerous the class is the faster you learn. The guys in our group were told that we could expect broken knuckles, cut foreheads, bruises, and other rewards, and we learned five times as fast as a sanitized class. There is a place to go light and a place to go heavy though.
Back to top Go down
Lionheart

Lionheart

Category :
  • Crime Fighter

PostSubject: Re: Combatives Training Manual   Combatives Training Manual Icon_minitime1Sun Feb 13, 2011 2:35 pm

Link don't work for me, if anyone wants to send it to me.

That'd be cool.
Back to top Go down
E0N (Inactive)

E0N (Inactive)

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Combatives Training Manual   Combatives Training Manual Icon_minitime1Mon Feb 14, 2011 1:58 pm

Try this one: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Or this: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

And here's some relevant commentary: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
E0N (Inactive)

E0N (Inactive)

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Combatives Training Manual   Combatives Training Manual Icon_minitime1Mon Feb 14, 2011 2:09 pm

This web site has a marine combatives manual and an army combatives video available for download, as well:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Dark Guardian

Dark Guardian

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Combatives Training Manual   Combatives Training Manual Icon_minitime1Mon Feb 14, 2011 2:11 pm

I have to update this section
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Combatives Training Manual   Combatives Training Manual Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Combatives Training Manual
Page 1 of 1