Real Life Superheroes - The Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Real Life Superheroes - The Forum

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Chaos Magick

Go down 
+5
Champion
Dark Guardian
Silver Sentinel
!
The Jinn
9 posters
AuthorMessage

Chaos Magick Empty
PostSubject: Chaos Magick   Chaos Magick Icon_minitime1Tue Mar 23, 2010 6:18 am

Disclaimer. I don't know if this stuff really works or not, but I thought the more mystically minded members might find this interesting. Take this with a BIG grain of salt.

From Wikipedia:Chaos magic is a school of the modern magical tradition which emphasizes the pragmatic use of belief systems and the creation of new and unorthodox methods.......Although there are a few techniques unique to chaos magic (such as some forms of sigil magic), chaos magic is often highly individualistic and borrows liberally from other belief systems, due to chaos magic having a central belief that belief is a tool. Some common sources of inspiration include such diverse areas as science fiction, scientific theories, traditional ceremonial magic, neoshamanism, Eastern philosophy, world religions, and individual experimentation. Despite tremendous individual variation, chaos magicians (or "chaotes") often work with chaotic and humorous paradigms, such as the worship of Hundun from Taoism or Eris from Discordianism. Rest of the Wiki Article here: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Now I don't think that someone who tried this would be able to toss mystic bolts like Doctor Strange, or other violations of the laws of physics, but I can see where it might be possible for it to effect coincidences, like being at certain places on street patrols to catch criminals in the act and either intervene or call the police, or to get a feeling as to where you should go if you're out trying to find homeless to give food and other necessities.

Again, take this with a BIG grain of salt, because I don't want anyone to take this so seriously that they think they can conjure wings or anything like that.

Peace,
Transcendent
Back to top Go down

Chaos Magick Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chaos Magick   Chaos Magick Icon_minitime1Tue Mar 23, 2010 7:02 am

I am going to post something later, but I think stuff like this might be better in the training room. Will be moved later today.
Back to top Go down
The Jinn

The Jinn

Category :
  • Crime Fighter

Chaos Magick Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chaos Magick   Chaos Magick Icon_minitime1Wed Mar 24, 2010 7:09 am

I have yet in my life to see anyone do real sorcery. However, the principles of Yin and Yang can be manipulated in situations to affect outcomes. The easiest way to shut down a hacker raid is to inject negativity into the discussion at an early point and watch as it spreads through the discussion, eventually poisoning it. The internet is the physical manifestation of the psychic realm. So, in essence, it's a tool for accessing a persons mind. Learn to use the power of anonymity, coupled with proper social engineering, and you can make use of this tool against wrongdoers. I guess that could be considered one form of chaos magic.
As far as being in the right place at the right time, the universe has a way of working that out.
Back to top Go down
!

!

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

Chaos Magick Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chaos Magick   Chaos Magick Icon_minitime1Wed Mar 24, 2010 2:52 pm

I've never heard of chaos magic, but this definition seems so general (Belief is a tool), that it could be applied to any philosophy or religion that believes that faith (or belief) must be acted upon in order to be effective. Am I understanding this right?
Back to top Go down
The Jinn

The Jinn

Category :
  • Crime Fighter

Chaos Magick Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chaos Magick   Chaos Magick Icon_minitime1Wed Mar 24, 2010 3:07 pm

! wrote:
I've never heard of chaos magic, but this definition seems so general (Belief is a tool), that it could be applied to any philosophy or religion that believes that faith (or belief) must be acted upon in order to be effective. Am I understanding this right?

That sounds right to me. However, a person can believe that Megan Fox loves them as much as they want and she's not going to come knocking at their door.
Back to top Go down
Silver Sentinel

Silver Sentinel

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

Chaos Magick Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chaos Magick   Chaos Magick Icon_minitime1Wed Mar 24, 2010 3:19 pm

Megan Fox.. doesn't.. love.. me? No
Back to top Go down
Dark Guardian

Dark Guardian

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

Chaos Magick Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chaos Magick   Chaos Magick Icon_minitime1Wed Mar 24, 2010 4:57 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
!

!

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

Chaos Magick Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chaos Magick   Chaos Magick Icon_minitime1Wed Mar 24, 2010 6:59 pm

Dark Guardian wrote:

That card is stupid...

...he'd totally have trample Razz
Back to top Go down
Champion

Champion

Chaos Magick Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chaos Magick   Chaos Magick Icon_minitime1Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:05 pm

trample and indestructible.

god i hate indestructible. ruined the whole game. Chuck Norris is awesome though.
Back to top Go down
!

!

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

Chaos Magick Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chaos Magick   Chaos Magick Icon_minitime1Thu Mar 25, 2010 2:08 am

i dont know indestructible. i havent played for like a decade
Back to top Go down
Sparrow

Sparrow

Chaos Magick Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chaos Magick   Chaos Magick Icon_minitime1Thu Mar 25, 2010 2:18 am

Indestructibles didn't kill the game, just added a new dimension. I will admit, however, that it's ridiculously hard for me to beat indestructible decks without my purpose built anti-darksteel deck, and even then it's a challenge.

But seriously, I don't mean to kill the fun like some sort of forum police-mod-nazi-zombie-robot, but if we're gonna talk Mtg, let's do it in the lounge on a separate thread, this is borderline threadjack right now.
Back to top Go down
The Jinn

The Jinn

Category :
  • Crime Fighter

Chaos Magick Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chaos Magick   Chaos Magick Icon_minitime1Thu Mar 25, 2010 8:15 am

Silver Sentinel wrote:
Megan Fox.. doesn't.. love.. me? No

Frayed knot brother. She loves random Hollywood producer or other older gentlemen with stacks of money for her to roll on.
Back to top Go down

Chaos Magick Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chaos Magick   Chaos Magick Icon_minitime1Fri May 21, 2010 2:39 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down

Chaos Magick Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chaos Magick   Chaos Magick Icon_minitime1Fri May 21, 2010 3:29 am

I finally finished all of it. It is interesting. Possible and viable? No. Interesting and informative? Highly. Essentially a historical account of magick in some respects, and does set about some of the greater misunderstandings many of my friends seem to always be blustering about.

Still balderdash, but I can make sense of it now. Thank you WolfSpider.
Back to top Go down
E0N (Inactive)

E0N (Inactive)

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

Chaos Magick Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chaos Magick   Chaos Magick Icon_minitime1Fri May 28, 2010 4:20 pm

The distinction with Chaos magick is that Chaos Magicians consider that the beliefs they affect in order to accomplish their magic are not objectively true. They basically hold to the idea that it's the act of believing that matters, rather than any sort of ultimate truth behind the belief. So... on the extreme end of the spectrum, you could invoke the "Crimson Bands of Cytorrak," "The Flames of Faltine," or other stuff cribbed from a Dr. Strange comic... as long as you successfully suspended your disbelief... and it should be effective magick.

...according to practicing Chaos Magicians. I personally reserve judgement on most such things.
Back to top Go down
Gauge

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Non-RLSH

Chaos Magick Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chaos Magick   Chaos Magick Icon_minitime1Sat May 29, 2010 2:08 am

Manowar wrote:
! wrote:

That sounds right to me. However, a person can believe that Megan Fox loves them as much as they want and she's not going to come knocking at their door.

It seems to me you could be an effective Evil Chaos Magician, because it is much easier to guarantee a negative result than a positive...just a sec...someone is knocking at my door.
Back to top Go down
Dark Guardian

Dark Guardian

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

Chaos Magick Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chaos Magick   Chaos Magick Icon_minitime1Sat May 29, 2010 8:46 am

Back to top Go down
Atavistik

Atavistik

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

Chaos Magick Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chaos Magick   Chaos Magick Icon_minitime1Thu Jul 15, 2010 4:29 pm

that was me and Megan Fox at Gauge's door....... what? somebody mentioned bait so I took out a loan Laughing

all that other stuff depends on perspective and the actual power of the mind set on using it. no matter how you look at such hypothetical situations, the explanation of them as magic is inappropriate and doesn't even glance off the basic principals and theories you would have to encompass to actually explain one person affecting reality, space time or matter for that matter.

now how the hell did I get here? oh yeah, I was like "Seriously? A thread about chaos magic..... this I have to see." and then pow! Megan Fox and Chuck Norris. I think you guys proved chaos magic exists...... look. it got introduced and now this thread barely makes sense! I'm a believer. now to summon those Cytorrak band thingies..... *big flash of light. a disgruntled ferret continues typing*
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Chaos Magick Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chaos Magick   Chaos Magick Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Chaos Magick
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Real Life Superheroes - The Forum :: General Information :: Training & Preparation-
Jump to: