Real Life Superheroes - The Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Real Life Superheroes - The Forum

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Can someone tutor me?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage

Can someone tutor me? Empty
PostSubject: Can someone tutor me?   Can someone tutor me? Icon_minitime1Fri Apr 16, 2010 8:44 pm

I would like to learn the basics of crime fighting, how it is done, how it is worked, and some self defense techniques. I also want the power of my mind and body to be equal. I would like it if someone tutors be about what to do in certain situations and other stuff. Thanks guys.

~Switchblade
Back to top Go down
Champion

Champion

PostSubject: Re: Can someone tutor me?   Can someone tutor me? Icon_minitime1Fri Apr 16, 2010 8:50 pm

i'm sure anyone on here would not mind lending you a hand but i think the best way to learn is just to talk to everyone on here. read the threads, read the articles on the main site, and listen to the advice of the people who have been doing this for years. make yourself overly familiar with everything on the site. there is a ton of information on here and every bit of it is valuable to anyone thinking about doing this.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Can someone tutor me?   Can someone tutor me? Icon_minitime1Fri Apr 16, 2010 8:58 pm

What champ said: and there isn't really a "way" so to speak to train for this. Most guys kind of inadvertantly trained for this for years,working out, Martial arts, Military, Pro-Wrestlers, Cops, etc.

Then one day they just said "oh hey! I want to be a Superhero."

Basically what I'm saying is the training comes from day to day life & activities you do & have done. But we can try to answer specific questions when asked.
Back to top Go down
Champion

Champion

PostSubject: Re: Can someone tutor me?   Can someone tutor me? Icon_minitime1Fri Apr 16, 2010 9:03 pm

yes, one important thing to know is that most of the people who do fight crime as an "RLSH" have had some kind of official training. they were cops, security, martial artists, military, ect.

i think alot of people think "RLSH" are just people that one day decided to throw on a mask and call themselves a crime fighter. it doesnt work like that.

with that said, i personally have no training such as that, but i am also not a crime fighter. and before i start anything "offically" i will be getting the best training i can.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Can someone tutor me?   Can someone tutor me? Icon_minitime1Fri Apr 16, 2010 9:06 pm

If you're ever in Florida you can ride with me...
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

BUT you have to punch yourself in the hand alot & everytime something happens you have to come up with a "Holy" for it..

Like "Holy breakdown"

"Holy Car fire!" etc.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Can someone tutor me?   Can someone tutor me? Icon_minitime1Fri Apr 16, 2010 9:08 pm

Switchblade,

The others are right. Training does take years, and even when you feel ready to fight crime, the training of your mind and body never stops.

Also, I have contacted you privately about this.
Back to top Go down
Champion

Champion

PostSubject: Re: Can someone tutor me?   Can someone tutor me? Icon_minitime1Fri Apr 16, 2010 9:10 pm

i have to admit Tothian, when i read this thread, you were the first person i thought of.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Can someone tutor me?   Can someone tutor me? Icon_minitime1Fri Apr 16, 2010 9:14 pm

Superhero wrote:
If you're ever in Florida you can ride with me...
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

BUT you have to punch yourself in the hand alot & everytime something happens you have to come up with a "Holy" for it..

Like "Holy breakdown"

"Holy Car fire!" etc.

EPIC MAN!

I see what all of you are saying, we all are still students about EVERYTHING, and the leaning never stops. One of my friends has taught me that (guitar teacher). Thanks again.
Back to top Go down
Champion

Champion

PostSubject: Re: Can someone tutor me?   Can someone tutor me? Icon_minitime1Fri Apr 16, 2010 9:18 pm

Superhero wrote:

Like "Holy breakdown"

"Holy Car fire!" etc.

i'll bet 100 bucks that switchblade got NONE of those references.

thank god for nick@night or i wouldnt have etheir Razz
Back to top Go down
Champion

Champion

PostSubject: Re: Can someone tutor me?   Can someone tutor me? Icon_minitime1Fri Apr 16, 2010 9:26 pm

another tip,

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

read that thread.
Back to top Go down
Atavistik

Atavistik

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Can someone tutor me?   Can someone tutor me? Icon_minitime1Fri Apr 16, 2010 9:32 pm

Champion wrote:
Superhero wrote:

Like "Holy breakdown"

"Holy Car fire!" etc.

i'll bet 100 bucks that switchblade got NONE of those references.

thank god for nick@night or i wouldnt have etheir Razz

didn't catch it in Batman and Robin? "Holey rusted metal, BatMan!" one of my first memories is actually "Must reach.... Bat.... Shark-Repellant!"
Back to top Go down
Champion

Champion

PostSubject: Re: Can someone tutor me?   Can someone tutor me? Icon_minitime1Fri Apr 16, 2010 9:39 pm

They showed the old 70's batman on nick@night not too long ago, thats how i saw them.

i'm a youngin.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Can someone tutor me?   Can someone tutor me? Icon_minitime1Sat Apr 17, 2010 10:28 am

No, I got that, I just said sweet car. I understood it and all. What weapon is Superhero holding in that picture?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Can someone tutor me?   Can someone tutor me? Icon_minitime1Sat Apr 17, 2010 10:52 am

M11A1 (airsoft prop)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Can someone tutor me?   Can someone tutor me? Icon_minitime1Sat Apr 17, 2010 11:13 am

Nice. That reminds me, do you think airsoft weapons are good for trying to stop, not harm, a criminal? If you shoot his legs it may bring him down long enough for you to go over and cuff him.
Back to top Go down
Lost Prophet

Lost Prophet

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Can someone tutor me?   Can someone tutor me? Icon_minitime1Sat Apr 17, 2010 11:20 am

I'd advise against it especially if you want to avoid getting hassled by the police.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Can someone tutor me?   Can someone tutor me? Icon_minitime1Sat Apr 17, 2010 11:21 am

True... Nevermind about that idea then.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Can someone tutor me?   Can someone tutor me? Icon_minitime1Sat Apr 17, 2010 11:40 am

Quote :
Nice. That reminds me, do you think airsoft weapons are good for trying to stop, not harm, a criminal? If you shoot his legs it may bring him down long enough for you to go over and cuff him.

NO! Don't carry anything that looks like a gun at all, no pepperspray gun no nothing!

Read:
10/6/06 NEARLY SHOT:..

decided to head home and call it a quiet night when I saw two officers parked behind a little red truck, working there asses off on the left rear tire. I pull in behind their cars and park, My place is two minutes away and I offer the one cop (Older guy, don't know him) the use of my floor jack, fix-a-flat, etc. he says "no we have it under control". so I say good night and turn to leave when I hear "HOLD IT!"

I stop and the cop says "What the Hell is That?" he's spotted my airsoft Mac-11 and is walking towards me, it's dark but I think I see his hand on his weapon.

I try to tell him it's a airsoft, and stupidly reach for it this is when he yells for his partner.Things are deteriorating fast. The guy has no clue what a airsoft anything is, or who superhero is either. Thank God his partner did. The partner says "oh yeah" it's airsoft with a big smile and take the gun, admiring it I think, and trying not to laugh at his partners dismay.

the first guy calls in my tag, suddenly it's smiles and handshakes and we appologize to each other and I race for home.

The moral of the story: STOP CARRYING AIRSOFT GUNS! I'm not sure who else does other than The Eye but guys it's just to big of a risk.

If I twitched the wrong way, BANG! right on the spot! I think what is really bothering me about this whole thing is that we have all accepted we might get killed doing this. It's a possibility (Hell maybe a inevitability) but I NEVER thought I would get shot by a cop! Never! John Q. Public views us as odd anyway, odd with guns is a recepie for disaster.

I've been discussing Green Laser Technology with Prime & Chameleon and I think this is the way we need to go. It's a lot less offensive looking and just as good of a weapon.

Usually I'm the one who says "be safe" but tonight I'd just be being a hypocrite. I can't beleive I did something so stupid, so I'll just say...

...Don't repeat my mistake

SH

There's more but just wanted to put the most interesting ones, Go look under "Some of the more interesting things..." in patrol section.
Back to top Go down
Lost Prophet

Lost Prophet

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Can someone tutor me?   Can someone tutor me? Icon_minitime1Sat Apr 17, 2010 12:26 pm

I had your experience in mind when I said no, Supes.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Can someone tutor me?   Can someone tutor me? Icon_minitime1Sat Apr 17, 2010 12:37 pm

That's when i bought the ARMA 100 & painted it orange as well now that I think of it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Can someone tutor me?   Can someone tutor me? Icon_minitime1Sat Apr 17, 2010 12:40 pm

OK, thanks guys. Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Can someone tutor me?   Can someone tutor me? Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Can someone tutor me?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Real Life Superheroes - The Forum :: General Information :: Training & Preparation-
Jump to: