Real Life Superheroes - The Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Real Life Superheroes - The Forum

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Being Bruce Wayne

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage

Being Bruce Wayne Empty
PostSubject: Being Bruce Wayne   Being Bruce Wayne Icon_minitime1Sat Apr 17, 2010 8:51 pm

I'm using Bruce Lee's Jeet Kune Do principles for my martial arts training

Currently I am training in Fillipino Martial Arts and Kick Boxing (soon Muay Thai and Brazillian Ju Jutsu--my gym rocks)

My diet is well...jack for crap, I'll admit it. I'm a typical American Teen when it comes to that aspect of my life.

My grandfather is a healthfreak and him and I are going to work on composing a diet for myself.

I go to my kickboxing gym once a day, 45 minutes to an hour session, five to six days a week but I need to up my game.

What do y'all think of this?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Un-named_Hero

Being Bruce Wayne Empty
PostSubject: Re: Being Bruce Wayne   Being Bruce Wayne Icon_minitime1Mon Apr 19, 2010 7:37 pm

Sounds like that will get you into real good shape. Honestly, more teens could benefit from keeping in shape.

Also keep in mind the if you're planning on going into crimefighting, particularly in a Bruce Waye kind of way, remember as much as Batman's about martial arts, he's even more about outthinking his opponent and investigating. He didnt earn the nickname 'The World's Greatest Detective' for nothing. Be it classes (if theyre available to you) or research from the Internet, learning about Criminology, Psychology and/or Forensic science can be a big help. Bruce Wayne is a master of these as well.

Just keep in mind, as many others here will tell you, it's not about going out and kicking some butt. Good crimefighting more akin to a neighbourhood watch: keep an eye out for trouble, then call the cops and report it whenever possible. It's safer for you and often more effective (and avoids potential nasty legal repercussions for you!).

And good luck with the training. I don't know if I'd have the stamina to keep up with all that. Smile

Last edited by Un-named_Hero on Tue Apr 20, 2010 2:20 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Rook2

Being Bruce Wayne Empty
PostSubject: Re: Being Bruce Wayne   Being Bruce Wayne Icon_minitime1Mon Apr 19, 2010 8:03 pm

Diets can get kind of strenuous over time, mate. All you really need to do is just eat right, i.e. cut out the soda, chips, pizza, candy, etc. (Especially the soda!) Have a balanced portion of protein (meat, cottage cheese, nuts, etc.), vegetables, and carbs (bread, fruit, pasta, etc.) with each meal. Then once a week, indulge yourself in a small amount of junk food, so your brain doesn't go into "starvation mode" for it. It's just easier to learn to eat sensibly than to stick to a pre-planned diet. Start taking a daily multivitamin too, if you can afford it.
Back to top Go down

Being Bruce Wayne Empty
PostSubject: Re: Being Bruce Wayne   Being Bruce Wayne Icon_minitime1Mon Apr 19, 2010 8:18 pm

Search,
Was this supposed to be about Bruce Wayne (Batman), or Bruce Lee (Kato)????

Un-named Hero,
I agree with you a lot about training one's mind as well, because that is what can surely make someone effective. But because of all the different types of training, education, skills, experience, and goals of the individual themselves, might dictate their own personal type of approach to fighting crime.

Rook,
Good advice.
Back to top Go down

Being Bruce Wayne Empty
PostSubject: Re: Being Bruce Wayne   Being Bruce Wayne Icon_minitime1Mon Apr 19, 2010 8:26 pm

Quote :
Sounds like that will get you into real good shape. Honestly, more teens could benefit from keeping in shape.

Yeah, believe it or not this kids generation will be the FIRST one in a century with a SHORTER lifespan statistically. It's all the videogames, inactivity, & processed foods.

@search, I've seen just as many articles about why being able to be Bruce Wayne is BS. But if you feel the training will make YOU personally a better Superhero? I say go for it.

as for your current diet being crap? you're young, you can get away with it. just up your protien if you train that many days a week.
Back to top Go down

Being Bruce Wayne Empty
PostSubject: Re: Being Bruce Wayne   Being Bruce Wayne Icon_minitime1Tue Apr 20, 2010 7:56 pm

Bookmarked it. Thanks Search.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Being Bruce Wayne Empty
PostSubject: Re: Being Bruce Wayne   Being Bruce Wayne Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Being Bruce Wayne
Page 1 of 1