Real Life Superheroes - The Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Real Life Superheroes - The Forum

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Troubled

Go down 
+3
SkyMan
Urban Avenger
Champion
7 posters
AuthorMessage

Troubled Empty
PostSubject: Troubled   Troubled Icon_minitime1Tue May 11, 2010 8:30 pm

How do you guys hold back? When you see an attempted rape.. or parents buying drugs rather than food for their children. This has been

happening for the last few months. I lose control. If Archy wasn't there I might have gone too far... Please provide assistance if possible.

~Wraith
Back to top Go down

Troubled Empty
PostSubject: Re: Troubled   Troubled Icon_minitime1Tue May 11, 2010 8:55 pm

Nobody really can provide you asistance. Only you can. I'm glad I didn't end up as a cop after I graduated from the academy, The cops I know all have a much calmer demeanor than I do. I'd have gotten into so much trouble....

...but that's a different story.

I don't know where you're patrolling that you CONSTANTLY run into situations where you CONSTANTLY have oppertunities to clobber people, but if you realize you're having trouble with it, that's a good step.

Your OWN past maybe? Something you're trying to deal with? Most of the people who do this have a icky past of some kind or another. It's nothing to be ashamed of.

But maybe you should talk to somebody professional? Instead of the idiot in the red underwear?

There are confidential services for that, Your preacher what ever you prefer. Just don't tell'em.....

"Hey guess what I do?"

just tell them you're having issues with anger. I'm sure they'll help.
Back to top Go down

Troubled Empty
PostSubject: Re: Troubled   Troubled Icon_minitime1Tue May 11, 2010 9:00 pm

The idiot in red underwear knows (perhaps) that I am sane. Archy has a psyc degree

and has tried to help me out. Very icky past... I'll tell you guys when I know you all better. Thank you

~Wraith
Back to top Go down

Troubled Empty
PostSubject: Re: Troubled   Troubled Icon_minitime1Tue May 11, 2010 9:01 pm

Prayer and or meditation. You don't need to be religious for meditation. Google some meditation sites for methods. Use it before patrols to obtain a clear, calm, and focused mind. After a patrol that shakes you up, have a heavy bag or something non-living to beat on. Beat the hell out of it and then go back to meditating to get back to a calm state.

Your anger is actually very normal. It's righteous anger because you see something so wrong and your instinct is to get angry about it. But what's scary is the ideal that you can lose control of yourself.

I used to have problems with this. I'd lose my cool when I was a teenager and saw something "wrong." I always felt like I needed to teach all of the A-holes in the world a lesson. I could overlook insults and things coming my way, but I hated seeing someone else picked on. I used to get in a lot of fights and I completely took one too far when someone hurled a racial slur at my African American girlfriend. It was a weird experience because while I was in the violence...I liked it and had to be pulled off of the guy. Afterwards when I came back to my senses, I actually felt sort of ashamed and nauseous and shaky. It was just a stupid word...I can see how you lose it when you see an attempted rape. You can use NECESSARY force to save an innocent person, but don't lose yourself in the process.

I'll pray for you about it unless you don't want me to and maybe some others have good advice about this for you.

EDIT: Supes and Minuteman are right....it might be good to talk to a professional. Although I don't think getting angry about rape means anger issues....but you want to be sure you can control yourself or you probably do need to hold off on the patrols for awhile.

Last edited by Praying Mantis on Tue May 11, 2010 9:06 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down

Troubled Empty
PostSubject: Re: Troubled   Troubled Icon_minitime1Tue May 11, 2010 9:02 pm

Superhero is right what you really need is to talk to someone.

Also you should think about not trying to do any "Street patrols" until you get this under control.
Back to top Go down
Champion

Champion

Troubled Empty
PostSubject: Re: Troubled   Troubled Icon_minitime1Tue May 11, 2010 9:08 pm

i agree with MM. i have the same kind of anger issues and i go to see someone about them.

at the same time they are why i would never be a cop. i'd end up going to prison myself.

my point being, i wouldn't even attempt to do patrols or anything type of crime fighting until i had these issues under control.
Back to top Go down

Troubled Empty
PostSubject: Re: Troubled   Troubled Icon_minitime1Tue May 11, 2010 9:12 pm

Thanks guys, I might go to someone. Archy has been patrolling alone for the past few weeks.

I worry cause he isn't the roughest guy I know. I hope he stays safe. Great feeling to have

others to talk to. Never met other people like me.

~Wraith

Oh I should mention Archangel(Archy) is my friend I met a few years back.
Back to top Go down

Troubled Empty
PostSubject: Re: Troubled   Troubled Icon_minitime1Tue May 11, 2010 9:25 pm

Well,

I dis agree that you should stop Patrolling if it turns out you have PTDS from your past, it would only be worse if you stop because it manifests itself in "Peacetime" conditions.

But if it's strieght up anger issues, that's different. Which do you (& Archie) think it is? Study up before you answer if need be.
Back to top Go down

Troubled Empty
PostSubject: Re: Troubled   Troubled Icon_minitime1Fri May 14, 2010 9:26 pm

Thanks again for the help SuperHero. I'm working on it..
Back to top Go down
Urban Avenger

Urban Avenger

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

Troubled Empty
PostSubject: Re: Troubled   Troubled Icon_minitime1Sun Jul 04, 2010 2:20 am

I used to have an extremely violent temper. I've almost killed a few people before. blacked out, came to, and there was blood everywhere. but that's another story. I went to therapy for several months after that (court told me to, haha) and I got a lot worked out.I've since learned to control my temper much much better.occasionally I get mad, but only at things that I truly care about (such as my child). but nothing close to what I used to be like. my suggestion would be to find a good therapist and work out your issues with them.
Back to top Go down
SkyMan

SkyMan

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

Troubled Empty
PostSubject: Re: Troubled   Troubled Icon_minitime1Sun Jul 04, 2010 1:53 pm

Since everyone has expounded the virtues of psychiactric therapy here, I will lean towards agreement. Ive spent years in therapy and truthfully, all I learned was that Im an even bigger basket-case then they think I am... lol!!

Seriously, go get some professional help and dont forget that we are all in this thing together!!
Back to top Go down
E0N (Inactive)

E0N (Inactive)

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

Troubled Empty
PostSubject: Re: Troubled   Troubled Icon_minitime1Sun Jul 04, 2010 8:30 pm

I've always felt a little -- well, a lot -- sketchy about pursuing psychiatric treatment. I still cringe at the idea of ever taking any meds, but I started talking with a therapist recently and was amazed at how much he just kept assuring my I was sane and that all this crazy stuff I've been doing lately is constructive.

So you never know. Stay skeptical in a healthy way, but it doesn't hurt to give stuff like that a try. You can always quit or basically clam up.
Back to top Go down

Troubled Empty
PostSubject: Re: Troubled   Troubled Icon_minitime1Mon Jul 05, 2010 10:01 am

The thing with seeing a therapist is that it doesn't work for everyone. I was diagnosed with Clinical Depression a while back and part of my treatment was seeing a therapist. Honestly, I've found it hard to bare my soul to someone I don't really know. Therapy never really worked for me. However, it does help some people. In the end, I think what helps me the most is having a friend that i can confide in that I don't have to pay $90 to see...
Back to top Go down
E0N (Inactive)

E0N (Inactive)

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

Troubled Empty
PostSubject: Re: Troubled   Troubled Icon_minitime1Mon Jul 05, 2010 4:34 pm

That's a good point. If it weren't free for me then I probably wouldn't be willing to give it a try.
Back to top Go down
SkyMan

SkyMan

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

Troubled Empty
PostSubject: Re: Troubled   Troubled Icon_minitime1Mon Jul 05, 2010 8:18 pm

Very good point, GV!!! No, therapy doesnt work for everyone... and yeah, thay are expensive as all get out.... I dont pay for one for me.... thats probably why I have had vast stretches between treatment. Anyways, this thread isnt about me; its about how Wraith is doing. How are you doing Wraith?
Back to top Go down
Chivalry

Troubled Empty
PostSubject: Re: Troubled   Troubled Icon_minitime1Tue Jul 06, 2010 4:18 am

When I was a freshman in highschool I had a person who had tried to fight me... He was bobbing and weaving like a boxer in the middle of the court yard and I was ready to hurt him badly (I would've been legally in the right) but I chose a different course partly because his track coach showed up and as opposed to me fighting him I just told his coach what he did. I was very angry at the time but kept a level head and made the right choice.

The advice I have to offer you is if you are having these feelings stay calm, cool, and collect yourself and don't fear it, fight it. Tell yourself this isn't going to happen anymore, this ends now and be confident in it. I believe that should help in controlling it.
Back to top Go down
Flora V. Arbor

Flora V. Arbor

Category :
  • Public Service

Troubled Empty
PostSubject: Re: Troubled   Troubled Icon_minitime1Mon Jul 19, 2010 12:44 am

one sign of dehydration is belligerance.

Drink water before you go out and while you are out.

Plan rest room breaks.

peeing more is worth not losing control
Back to top Go down
Boosterman

Category :
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support

Troubled Empty
PostSubject: Re: Troubled   Troubled Icon_minitime1Mon Jul 19, 2010 1:56 am

Perhaps you should have a plan for dealing with these kinds of incidents.
After all, if they're common, then there must be something encouraging this behaviour.
Find the cause, and you might be able to inhibit the crime.

I also suggest you develop an outlet for your frustrations. A healthy, safe outlet that won't get you arrested or sued. Until then, perhaps you need to ease off the patrols and do some community building for the people who are suffering. True negative energy into positive action.

Just some ideas.

BOOSTERMAN

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Troubled Empty
PostSubject: Re: Troubled   Troubled Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Troubled
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Real Life Superheroes - The Forum :: General Information :: Training & Preparation-
Jump to: