Real Life Superheroes - The Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Real Life Superheroes - The Forum

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Massage therapists and Acupuncturists

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage

Massage therapists and Acupuncturists Empty
PostSubject: Massage therapists and Acupuncturists   Massage therapists and Acupuncturists Icon_minitime1Fri Jul 23, 2010 11:59 pm

Another tip, find a good massage therapist (one who also knows trigger point), and maybe an acupuncturist. It works wonders. I do my own acupuncture, I have a friend who does the massage therapy. Acupuncture has been found to actually relieve pain, inserting the needles causes a release of [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] which is in anti-inflammatory, and a pain relieving agent in the body. I also recommend the following substances;
Tiger balm white )ext. analgesic)
Po Sum On Oil (ext. analgesic)
White flower oil (ext. analgesic)
Burt's Bees hand salve (great for burns, broken skin, full of rosemary oil)
corn huskers lotion (doesn't clog pores, water based)

These are excellent substances to have after a fight, conflict, or training.
Back to top Go down
E0N (Inactive)

E0N (Inactive)

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Massage therapists and Acupuncturists   Massage therapists and Acupuncturists Icon_minitime1Sat Jul 24, 2010 4:31 pm

Do you have any experience with moxibustion? Some Koreans I know swear by it.
Back to top Go down
Sonic Eagle

Sonic Eagle

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Massage therapists and Acupuncturists   Massage therapists and Acupuncturists Icon_minitime1Sat Jul 24, 2010 8:07 pm

i whuld lick to stat that tiger balm although normaly used to treat miner artharitis it also walk well on headaches to just for a lital info.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Yes, I do..   Massage therapists and Acupuncturists Icon_minitime1Sat Jul 24, 2010 11:03 pm

Mega-Rad wrote:
Do you have any experience with moxibustion? Some Koreans I know swear by it.

I have moxibustion herb as well, they have some that you put on the needles to apply heat through the needle. I also have the small brass holder for loose herb to burn in to apply heat, and the little inverted funnels that rest on the needles to hold loose herb for heat. I'll take a photo of my equipment later and post it here. You can also take a 1/8" thick fresh ginger root slice, and place it over an area on the skin, then place the herb rolls on it, and burn them to apply heat through the ginger.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Massage therapists and Acupuncturists   Massage therapists and Acupuncturists Icon_minitime1Sun Jul 25, 2010 12:39 am

Acupuncture is "energetic" healing based on chinese energetic anatomy. Herbs and things like this are alternative medicines. I have had experiences with shamanic healing in which the shaman or Native American Medicine Man can heal real problems through the use of energetics. Shamans are in thier own way RLSH.

But yes natural and energetic healing are definitly things to be experienced on the receiving and giving side. Al plants have thier own energetic fields an can be used to heal the body naturally.

Naturopathic medicine could be a possible resource for RLSH.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Massage therapists and Acupuncturists   Massage therapists and Acupuncturists Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Massage therapists and Acupuncturists
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Real Life Superheroes - The Forum :: General Information :: Training & Preparation-
Jump to: