Real Life Superheroes - The Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Real Life Superheroes - The Forum

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

the art of expressing the human body

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Urban Avenger

Urban Avenger

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

the art of expressing the human body Empty
PostSubject: the art of expressing the human body   the art of expressing the human body Icon_minitime1Tue Aug 10, 2010 10:26 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

when training I use this book as a guide to conditioning my body and for nutritional information. its a collection of notes and other tidbits of bruce lee's training regimen. for those of you who prefer speed, flexbility and definition over big, cumbersome muscles, it can't really get any better than this book. even today he's still considered one of the greatest martial artists in the world, and pound for pound one of the strongest people to have ever lived.

I mean seriously, can you do thumb push ups?

it also contains very detailed dietary regiments that he used daily. bruce lee was one of those people that kept daily logs of his workouts and monitored the results, and changed his workouts according to what he wanted to change. he lived and breathed exercise and fitness. I honestly can't think of a better role model to follow for physical training. I've always strived for these sort of results, and this book always helped me get into peak physical shape. I think at one point I was able to curl more than my own weight, but never exceeded 150 lbs at 5'7", 5% body fat, because everything else was pure muscle.

I am going to be opening this book up again and utilizing it. because frankly I miss being that bad ass.

this is seriously one of the best guides to fitness and nutrition you could ever pick up. bruce lee was the epitome of physical perfection.
Back to top Go down
Flora V. Arbor

Flora V. Arbor

Category :
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: the art of expressing the human body   the art of expressing the human body Icon_minitime1Wed Aug 11, 2010 12:37 am

how old are you, son?
Back to top Go down
Flora V. Arbor

Flora V. Arbor

Category :
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: the art of expressing the human body   the art of expressing the human body Icon_minitime1Wed Aug 11, 2010 12:42 am

you would make Bruce Lee proud
Back to top Go down
Urban Avenger

Urban Avenger

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: the art of expressing the human body   the art of expressing the human body Icon_minitime1Wed Aug 11, 2010 12:55 am

I'm 26. One major difference between bruce lee and myself is that he trained like it was a full time job. Sometimes 5 or 6 hours a day. Even when he was doing other stuff he was still working out, or thinking of new ways to work out. He even kept a dumbbell in his car so he could exercise while he drove! I don't have that kind of dedication. He also lived quite comfortably from his movies and martial arts studio so he had more time to devote to such things. Then again, if he didn't work out as much as he did he wouldn't have had those opportunities. But he was not gifted physically and had to work extremely hard to get in shape. I can honestly go at least a year without exercising and still look like I am in decent shape, six pack abs and all. Although they are quite soft at the moment.
Back to top Go down
Flora V. Arbor

Flora V. Arbor

Category :
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: the art of expressing the human body   the art of expressing the human body Icon_minitime1Wed Aug 11, 2010 1:08 am

Urban Avenger wrote:
I'm 26. One major difference between bruce lee and myself is that he trained like it was a full time job. Sometimes 5 or 6 hours a day. Even when he was doing other stuff he was still working out, or thinking of new ways to work out. He even kept a dumbbell in his car so he could exercise while he drove! I don't have that kind of dedication. He also lived quite comfortably from his movies and martial arts studio so he had more time to devote to such things. Then again, if he didn't work out as much as he did he wouldn't have had those opportunities. But he was not gifted physically and had to work extremely hard to get in shape. I can honestly go at least a year without exercising and still look like I am in decent shape, six pack abs and all. Although they are quite soft at the moment.

many minutes are ahead of you.

feel not age but oportunity
Back to top Go down
onikage

PostSubject: Re: the art of expressing the human body   the art of expressing the human body Icon_minitime1Sun Aug 15, 2010 7:36 pm

I just bought this book on Amazon, cant wait!

Thanks for the good advice.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: the art of expressing the human body   the art of expressing the human body Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

the art of expressing the human body
Page 1 of 1