Real Life Superheroes - The Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Real Life Superheroes - The Forum

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

FEET

Go down 
+5
Overwatch
Crossfire the Crusader
Rebound
Bearman
Flora V. Arbor
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Flora V. Arbor

Flora V. Arbor

Category :
  • Public Service

FEET Empty
PostSubject: FEET   FEET Icon_minitime1Mon Aug 23, 2010 10:42 pm

There are muscles for you to do 27 different things with your feet.

OK, here is what you want to know:

at any given time, your skeleton is ten years old after age ten.
Bone is VERY active tissue.

One-inch heels change every bone in your body for the worse.
AND
the front of the foot is supposed to be a wide rectangle
NOT ROUNDED

Yes, I am saying that you should saw off the heels of your shoes and cut the front open.
Yes, I recommend Vibram-five fingers
Yes, all other shoes are pathetic
and
Yes, i have inventions of yet another sort on my feet, yes-yes I do.

Here is what else you can do:

Stand on one foot while you brush your teeth in the AM and the other in the PM.
This is affordable and effective.

questions?
Back to top Go down
Bearman

Bearman

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

FEET Empty
PostSubject: Re: FEET   FEET Icon_minitime1Tue Aug 24, 2010 11:30 am

I just read up on the Vibram-five fingers... Seems interesting but without different wideness or foot type options, they don't seem very professional. They don't even mention supination or pronation support. And it seems they have little to no arch support. What happens if you have high arches? Mine are so high that the heels almost seem like an afterthought. I don't even bother using them anymore when I walk around barefoot, I just walk on the front plane. Might seem weird, but it actually helps you practice your balance and stealth too. Hard to make a lot of noise when you don't have all your weight slamming blunt heels into the ground with every step. If I wear shoes, I have to buy shoes with something called a "roll-bar" and special insoles to basically fill up the giant, dome-like gap under my foot. Feels cool, though. Feels like I'm always standing with a ball under each foot.
Back to top Go down
Rebound

Rebound

FEET Empty
PostSubject: Re: FEET   FEET Icon_minitime1Tue Aug 24, 2010 11:46 am

Quote :

Effective at strengthening your foot muscles? I like all your little exercise tips Flora, I get the feeling if I could remember all of them during the day I'd be getting in shape a lot faster.
Back to top Go down
Crossfire the Crusader

Crossfire the Crusader

Category :
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support

FEET Empty
PostSubject: Re: FEET   FEET Icon_minitime1Tue Aug 24, 2010 12:07 pm

Personally I like Sketcher Shape ups. They have helped take the pressure off my feet, knees, and ankles from working on concrete floors for 12 hours a day. Also, my wife has been able to return to work for the first time in 16 months since she got hers. She suffers from Fibromyalgia and a knee injury, but with the shape-ups she's able to work a full time job again.
Back to top Go down
Overwatch

FEET Empty
PostSubject: Re: FEET   FEET Icon_minitime1Tue Aug 24, 2010 1:00 pm

I have seen the Vibram 5 fingers. They seem like a pretty good piece of footwear. They are the closest I have seen to not wearing shoes.

There are a lot of benefits to barefoot running. Even if you switch your training to barefoot only half of the time, you will see improvements in all kinds of places. You will start moving like your supposed to in every day movements.

I haven't gone barefoot yet, but I am seriously thinking about it.
Back to top Go down
E0N (Inactive)

E0N (Inactive)

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

FEET Empty
PostSubject: Re: FEET   FEET Icon_minitime1Tue Aug 24, 2010 2:42 pm

I'd imagine that decades of wearing boots have probably caused my feet to adapt to them.

But I have friends who swear by those five finger shoes (worn with five finger socks).

Smile
Back to top Go down
Rebound

Rebound

FEET Empty
PostSubject: Re: FEET   FEET Icon_minitime1Tue Aug 24, 2010 4:10 pm

I think a lot of the rumors of the benefits of barefoot running were started by Vibram and the other toe sock companies. Try running barefoot sometime, your feet aren't weighed down so you feel light, but run on anything but grass or smooth concrete surface, you'll soon realize why shoes were one of the first human inventions. Then they get you to buy Vibrams to feel like you're running barefoot with the protection of a shoe. I'm sure they work great, but they're more expensive and won't last as long as a decent running shoe.
Back to top Go down
Flora V. Arbor

Flora V. Arbor

Category :
  • Public Service

FEET Empty
PostSubject: Re: FEET   FEET Icon_minitime1Tue Aug 24, 2010 10:37 pm

Rebound wrote:
Quote :

Effective at strengthening your foot muscles? I like all your little exercise tips Flora, I get the feeling if I could remember all of them during the day I'd be getting in shape a lot faster.

I got plenty more

Wink
Back to top Go down
Flora V. Arbor

Flora V. Arbor

Category :
  • Public Service

FEET Empty
PostSubject: Re: FEET   FEET Icon_minitime1Tue Aug 24, 2010 10:41 pm

Bearman wrote:
I just read up on the Vibram-five fingers... Seems interesting but without different wideness or foot type options, they don't seem very professional. They don't even mention supination or pronation support. And it seems they have little to no arch support. What happens if you have high arches? Mine are so high that the heels almost seem like an afterthought. I don't even bother using them anymore when I walk around barefoot, I just walk on the front plane. Might seem weird, but it actually helps you practice your balance and stealth too. Hard to make a lot of noise when you don't have all your weight slamming blunt heels into the ground with every step. If I wear shoes, I have to buy shoes with something called a "roll-bar" and special insoles to basically fill up the giant, dome-like gap under my foot. Feels cool, though. Feels like I'm always standing with a ball under each foot.

Walking on the balls of your feet is very good for you!!

1. NO shoes are good enough!

2. your feet should not need ANY support

3. that being said, you can't just INSTANTLY create good feet

4. walking with a bounce is A+

5. using lamb's wool or anything that "tailors" the shoes to you, is good

6. WALKING ON THE BALLS OF YOUR FEET IS GREAT!

7. cut, change, saw shoes and make them fit YOU!

8. walking with bounceyness on the balls of the feet is GREAT

9. I love numbered lists

10. Earth Shoes with negative heels are great too

Back to top Go down
Flora V. Arbor

Flora V. Arbor

Category :
  • Public Service

FEET Empty
PostSubject: Re: FEET   FEET Icon_minitime1Tue Aug 24, 2010 10:43 pm

Crossfire the Crusader wrote:
Personally I like Sketcher Shape ups. They have helped take the pressure off my feet, knees, and ankles from working on concrete floors for 12 hours a day. Also, my wife has been able to return to work for the first time in 16 months since she got hers. She suffers from Fibromyalgia and a knee injury, but with the shape-ups she's able to work a full time job again.

good good and good
but
the front of the foot is, in no way, designed to be 'rounded'.

PS. Fibromyalgia responds very well to weight lifting
Back to top Go down
Flora V. Arbor

Flora V. Arbor

Category :
  • Public Service

FEET Empty
PostSubject: Re: FEET   FEET Icon_minitime1Tue Aug 24, 2010 10:45 pm

Overwatch wrote:
I have seen the Vibram 5 fingers. They seem like a pretty good piece of footwear. They are the closest I have seen to not wearing shoes.

There are a lot of benefits to barefoot running. Even if you switch your training to barefoot only half of the time, you will see improvements in all kinds of places. You will start moving like your supposed to in every day movements.

I haven't gone barefoot yet, but I am seriously thinking about it.

Feet do collect a lot of yuck from the floor.

So, yes, I have had to invent.
AS SOON AS i get this camera to work, I will post vid

If you home is free from wart virus and other evils, barefoot is good.

Also, move your foot in 27 ways every day

( Yes, I'll get that on vid soon too)
Back to top Go down
Flora V. Arbor

Flora V. Arbor

Category :
  • Public Service

FEET Empty
PostSubject: Re: FEET   FEET Icon_minitime1Tue Aug 24, 2010 10:47 pm

Mega-Rad wrote:
I'd imagine that decades of wearing boots have probably caused my feet to adapt to them.

But I have friends who swear by those five finger shoes (worn with five finger socks).

Smile

Injinji
is the brand name for the socks that have separated toes
but the socks don't move around.

At any given time, your bones are ten years old after age ten.
You CAN change your feet for the better

"yoga toes" or any toes spreaders are worth while
( worn while sleeping or typing )
Back to top Go down
Flora V. Arbor

Flora V. Arbor

Category :
  • Public Service

FEET Empty
PostSubject: Re: FEET   FEET Icon_minitime1Tue Aug 24, 2010 10:53 pm

Rebound wrote:
I think a lot of the rumors of the benefits of barefoot running were started by Vibram and the other toe sock companies. Try running barefoot sometime, your feet aren't weighed down so you feel light, but run on anything but grass or smooth concrete surface, you'll soon realize why shoes were one of the first human inventions. Then they get you to buy Vibrams to feel like you're running barefoot with the protection of a shoe. I'm sure they work great, but they're more expensive and won't last as long as a decent running shoe.

barefoot is a short path to feet-scrape-and-puncture.

Foot problems start by age one
from our parents putting us into rounded-toe shoes and not able to buy us new shoes every two weeks.

I have a "Mommy and Me class".

The babes aren't wearing shoes right now, in class, because of the weather.
I got to look at the feeties of one of the one-year-olds.

ALREADY the little toes are turned under and functionless!
The mom was REALLY hearing what I was saying and showed me the rounded front of the shoes that he was wearing.

As if prompted, the babe waltzed off, bouncing on the balls of his feet

SmileSmileSmileSmileSmileSmileSmile

Tiny bones change for the worse quickly.
...even more quickly when in a state of growing
Back to top Go down
Polarman

Polarman

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

FEET Empty
PostSubject: Re: FEET   FEET Icon_minitime1Thu Aug 26, 2010 5:32 pm

I wore boots for the last 18 years I swear by them and will never go back to shoes again
Back to top Go down
Flora V. Arbor

Flora V. Arbor

Category :
  • Public Service

FEET Empty
PostSubject: Re: FEET   FEET Icon_minitime1Fri Aug 27, 2010 12:26 am

I have Sorrels
Is that what you wera?

PS. the little squirrels were out again yesterady.

I was able to give them some water.

I'm pretty sure that the mom is dead
Sad
Back to top Go down
Polarman

Polarman

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

FEET Empty
PostSubject: Re: FEET   FEET Icon_minitime1Fri Aug 27, 2010 4:03 pm

No Shes not She gave them some water and is watching out for them
Back to top Go down
Polarman

Polarman

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

FEET Empty
PostSubject: Re: FEET   FEET Icon_minitime1Fri Aug 27, 2010 4:07 pm

Is Sorrels the brand name of the boots? no right now I am wearing Baffin technology steel toe rubber boots with linning inside them Im wearing them bwecause its the rainy season right now so it can get very wet any time of day or night + side is its supposed to be really nice tomorrow so I might be out picking mountain berries
Back to top Go down

FEET Empty
PostSubject: Re: FEET   FEET Icon_minitime1Sun Sep 12, 2010 3:11 pm

I have a bit of experience with Vibram 5 fingers, here are a few things I have noticed:

Grass, and natural terrain, are perfect for bear footing around in. Vibrams make it even better because you have that much more protection.

Asphault, cement, and such are not bad, but I do find that my feet are really sore(bruised sore, not tired muscles sore) from walking too long in just the vibrams.

Traction wise, these work like racing Tires as far as what they get the best traction on. Any surface that can form a layer around stuff and slide will do just that with the vibrams. You get little to no traction on surfaces like these (Snow, Mud, Sand) because they do not have treads like a normal shoe. This may be a little different now, I ordered my vibrams a year ago. On surfaces that are slick, but don't shift- Vibrams kick ass in. Wet rock, grass, dirt, cement, asphalt, any flat hard surface except maybe ice- these all seem to work well for the vibrams.
Back to top Go down
The Grey Man

The Grey Man

FEET Empty
PostSubject: Re: FEET   FEET Icon_minitime1Sun Sep 12, 2010 8:12 pm

"barefoot is a short path to feet-scrape-and-puncture."

My Dad goes barefoot during the summer every chance he can get... 73 years old now and last time I was out to the farm he was out in the yard walking around barefoot. thistles, rocks, gravel, you name it... he never noticed. The callouses on his feet are like leather, so thick and tough I've seen him walk over a piece of jagged broken glass and never even notice till I mentioned it to him. We checked his foot and no sign of damage... at all.

A friend of mine has a set of vibram five fingers, only thing he finds annoying about them is if he's walking in long grass he ends up with a ton of grass stuck between his toes, lol. He DID find out that without the socks he's gotta powder his feet to get the vibrams on.

Back to top Go down

FEET Empty
PostSubject: Re: FEET   FEET Icon_minitime1Sun Sep 12, 2010 8:16 pm

The Grey Man wrote:
"
A friend of mine has a set of vibram five fingers, only thing he finds annoying about them is if he's walking in long grass he ends up with a ton of grass stuck between his toes, lol.

It is hard to act manly when you run through a field and have a daisy stuck between your toes. (I say this from experience...)
Back to top Go down

FEET Empty
PostSubject: Re: FEET   FEET Icon_minitime1Mon Sep 13, 2010 9:23 pm

I run cross country at my high school, and all through the summer I would run for about a half mile on the grass field barefoot after practice to strengthen my feet. We just had our first race last Wednesday, and all of my friends were complaining about running in racing flats, while my feet felt fine after the race. And my training shoes have almost no support (esp. in the heel), they are Brooks Cascadia 5's. If you want to read a really good book about barefoot running or just running in general, read Born To Run. It will change the way you think about running.
Back to top Go down
Prof. Midnight

Prof. Midnight

Category :
  • Crime Fighter

FEET Empty
PostSubject: Re: FEET   FEET Icon_minitime1Wed Sep 15, 2010 12:13 pm

I have 2 pairs of FiveFingers that I train in. They are nice. I wear Tevas during the summer and Keen boots the rest of the year (including on patrol).
Back to top Go down
Prof. Midnight

Prof. Midnight

Category :
  • Crime Fighter

FEET Empty
PostSubject: Re: FEET   FEET Icon_minitime1Wed Sep 15, 2010 12:14 pm

Uh, I mean to say I always wear Keens to patrol in.
Back to top Go down
Flora V. Arbor

Flora V. Arbor

Category :
  • Public Service

FEET Empty
PostSubject: Re: FEET   FEET Icon_minitime1Tue Sep 21, 2010 9:56 pm

Relkin wrote:
The Grey Man wrote:
"
A friend of mine has a set of vibram five fingers, only thing he finds annoying about them is if he's walking in long grass he ends up with a ton of grass stuck between his toes, lol.

It is hard to act manly when you run through a field and have a daisy stuck between your toes. (I say this from experience...)

Flowers do not change the testosterone level.

It was checked

Wink

SmileSmileSmile
Back to top Go down
Flora V. Arbor

Flora V. Arbor

Category :
  • Public Service

FEET Empty
PostSubject: Re: FEET   FEET Icon_minitime1Tue Sep 21, 2010 9:56 pm

Prof. Midnight wrote:
Uh, I mean to say I always wear Keens to patrol in.

Do the Keens have a one-inch heel?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

FEET Empty
PostSubject: Re: FEET   FEET Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

FEET
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Real Life Superheroes - The Forum :: General Information :: Training & Preparation-
Jump to: