Real Life Superheroes - The Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Real Life Superheroes - The Forum

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Exercise Equipment

Go down 
+7
Flora V. Arbor
Prof. Midnight
E0N (Inactive)
Dark Guardian
the crimson fist
DRock
Bearman
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
The Grey Man

The Grey Man

Exercise Equipment - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Exercise Equipment   Exercise Equipment - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sat Aug 28, 2010 1:43 pm

Fist,
I have a bad knee too, and have found that riding my bike to and from work seems to have helped. Its a low impact workout utilizing the full range of motion, it really does seem to help my knee quite a bit.

As far as elliptical machines... I can't do them my legs don't seem to move that way... it just feels too weird and if I try to do a normal pace in one I stumble off the machine. If I force myself to the motion of the machine I can't walk right for a little bit once I get off it, lol
I used to work in a sporting goods store and would try out the machines if it was a slow day... I kinda like the tread climber, but would never pay that much for one. My current exercise regime is one I worked out myself with help from Flora. Thank you Flora! Based for the most part on commons sense bodyweight exercises it uses very little in the way of weights, includes quite a bit of cardio, and I've recently worked in a few martial arts exercises as well.
Now I just have to stick to it, lol
Back to top Go down
Flora V. Arbor

Flora V. Arbor

Category :
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Exercise Equipment   Exercise Equipment - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sat Aug 28, 2010 2:07 pm

the crimson fist wrote:
I HATE the gym usually. I have kind of a weird phobia about working out in front of other people. I tend to only do my excersizing in the small gym at my apartment complex, and only in the early hours when people aren't around.

I mostly stick to free weights, and occaisionally use the press machine there and low-intensity workouts on the elipticals and treadmills. I have a bad knee, so doing too much weight training with the legs or high-intensity cardio work is very difficult for me without causing myself severe pain. I still do them when I can, but not nearly as much as I should.

may we chat about your knee,?
Back to top Go down
Flora V. Arbor

Flora V. Arbor

Category :
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Exercise Equipment   Exercise Equipment - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sat Aug 28, 2010 2:07 pm

The Grey Man wrote:
Fist,
I have a bad knee too, and have found that riding my bike to and from work seems to have helped. Its a low impact workout utilizing the full range of motion, it really does seem to help my knee quite a bit.

As far as elliptical machines... I can't do them my legs don't seem to move that way... it just feels too weird and if I try to do a normal pace in one I stumble off the machine. If I force myself to the motion of the machine I can't walk right for a little bit once I get off it, lol
I used to work in a sporting goods store and would try out the machines if it was a slow day... I kinda like the tread climber, but would never pay that much for one. My current exercise regime is one I worked out myself with help from Flora. Thank you Flora! Based for the most part on commons sense bodyweight exercises it uses very little in the way of weights, includes quite a bit of cardio, and I've recently worked in a few martial arts exercises as well.
Now I just have to stick to it, lol

YAY!!!!

I should make a new thread about knees
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Exercise Equipment   Exercise Equipment - Page 2 Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Exercise Equipment
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2