Real Life Superheroes - The Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Real Life Superheroes - The Forum

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Playground VS the Gymnasium

Go down 
+3
Idea Man
Night Stryder
Polarman
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Polarman

Polarman

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

The Playground VS the Gymnasium Empty
PostSubject: The Playground VS the Gymnasium   The Playground VS the Gymnasium Icon_minitime1Fri Sep 03, 2010 3:19 pm

The gymnasium The Playground

I dont know the price FREE
but I know its really expencive

Electronic equipment that can Playground structures that stand still unless
go out of control and if you dont know you use your own body muscles to make them move
what you are doing you can be thrown For EX a swing set is good for your legs and back
across the room or dragged along the and your only going to fall about as far as you climbed but no further
floor if it decides to take off on you

stink of other peoples sweat lasting many weeks lots of great fresh outdoor air

Hard wax floors that can really hurt and rugs that Lots of sand that is sofer than the floor of the gym any time However lots of rocks
burn when you rub or scrape on them near by that you can dump the sand from your booties
Required to wear shorts and t shirt or You can wear whatever you want and nobody can say anything
sweat suit and gym shoes

You are told what kind of program you can run on You can run any routine you like including a game of tag

No pets allowed People bring all kinds of pets to the playground

Parental supervision required at all times People live close enough to the playground to keep an eye out
on their kids while doing housework or watching younger babies

Back to top Go down
Polarman

Polarman

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: The Playground VS the Gymnasium   The Playground VS the Gymnasium Icon_minitime1Fri Sep 03, 2010 3:37 pm

ok I just tried to make to Catagories between the gymnasium and the playground I will try again

Gymnasium

I dont know what the price is but its really expencive

Electronic equipment that can go out of control and if you dont know what you are doing you can be thrown across the room or dragged along the floor if it decides to take off on you

Stink of other peoples sweat from many weeks ago

Hard wax floors that can really hurt and rugs thatburn when you rub or scrape on them

Required to wear shorts and t shirt or sweatsuit and gym shoes

you are told what kind of program you can run on

no pets allowed

parental supervision required at all times

The Playground

Free

Playground structures that stand still unless you use your own body muscles to make them move for example The Swingset is good for your feet and back and you are only going to fall from as high as you climbed but no further

Lots of great outdoor fresh air

Lots of sand that is softer than the floor of the gym at any time however lots of roocks so that you can sit down to dump the sand from your booties

You can wear anything you want and nobody can say anything

You can run any routine you like including a game of tag

People bring all kinds of pets to the playground and sometimes we even see some wildlife too

People live close enough to the playgrounds to keep an eye out on their kids while doing housework or watching younger babies

I hope that cleared up the post for you
Back to top Go down
Night Stryder

PostSubject: Re: The Playground VS the Gymnasium   The Playground VS the Gymnasium Icon_minitime1Fri Sep 03, 2010 5:32 pm

Then the day comes when one goes to work out at the playground and gets the cops called on them for being a suspected pedo. rofl

It's illegal in many cities to be at a playground without being accompanied by your children. Just be careful the last thing any of us need is to become a sex offender for working on our abs. o.O

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Idea Man

Idea Man

Category :
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: The Playground VS the Gymnasium   The Playground VS the Gymnasium Icon_minitime1Fri Sep 03, 2010 9:34 pm

So you can offer to babysit someone's kid, then take them to the park to play while you do your workout. Instead of paying a gym membership, you get paid.

Laughing
Back to top Go down
Night Stryder

PostSubject: Re: The Playground VS the Gymnasium   The Playground VS the Gymnasium Icon_minitime1Fri Sep 03, 2010 11:32 pm

Idea Man wrote:
So you can offer to babysit someone's kid, then take them to the park to play while you do your workout. Instead of paying a gym membership, you get paid.

Laughing

And this is why you are the Idea man!!! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Flora V. Arbor

Flora V. Arbor

Category :
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: The Playground VS the Gymnasium   The Playground VS the Gymnasium Icon_minitime1Sat Sep 04, 2010 12:29 am

Bravo!

It's my job to go to the gym.
Other wise, I do all my other stuff at home.

In my Professional Opinon,

a few, small weight to get at all the little muscles around the shoulders
and
some jump-roping would round this out nicely

Back to top Go down
Polarman

Polarman

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: The Playground VS the Gymnasium   The Playground VS the Gymnasium Icon_minitime1Wed Sep 08, 2010 1:27 pm

Here anybody can go to the playground and there is no such law saying that I cant go there scince I dont have a criminnal record Only thing I dont do is the school yard durring school hours but its not uncommon to see me at the playground climbing up the swing sets to untie the knots in the chains then unwrap the swing from the top bar so the kids can play on it I also check on the playgrounds on a regular bases to report vandalised and broken equipment and yes I do call in to report any known Dangerous offenders who are seen in or around the area Yes I might be called over by one of the daycare workers if they see something that needs attending too and Im comming down the street I just ask all the kids to get off the swing while I climb up and fix it for them I also check the monkey bars at the school yard on weekends scince they hang by chains and I check all the dangling tires that kids walk on including the tire bridge (I understand those were outdated and declared very unsafe years ago) I have been trying to get the schoolboard to update the playground as the wooden structures are older than I am and some of the platforms are falling apart Also last winter Silver sentinel mentioned that I was going around digging people out of their cars durring a very powerful blizzard I think he may have mentioned that I took a shortcut through the school yard that night and it was a very good thing I did because some kids were trapped at the bottom of the tunnel slide and couldnt get out plus it was already -70 with the windchill and one of the kids couldnt hold it long enough to get to the bathroom so he wet himself If I had decided not to go out or to take that shortcut through the playground or if I had not have been able to hear those kids crying in there they would have froze to death or died of hypothermia
Back to top Go down
SkyMan

SkyMan

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: The Playground VS the Gymnasium   The Playground VS the Gymnasium Icon_minitime1Wed Sep 08, 2010 5:05 pm

Is that why when I went to the playground to start my workout I kinda scared all the little kids away and some of the parents gave me dirty looks!?!? Theres a law?!? I still say they need to make an adult-sized playground with adult sized equipment! I would play on it like every day!! I was even trying to get in with some of the kiddos cause they thought SkyMan was pretty cool....

In other words, no more going to the playground at the park for me anymore!!! I am NOT nor do I EVEN want the slightest hint that I am a pedophile!!
Back to top Go down
DRock

DRock

PostSubject: Re: The Playground VS the Gymnasium   The Playground VS the Gymnasium Icon_minitime1Wed Sep 08, 2010 5:32 pm

SkyMan wrote:
Is that why when I went to the playground to start my workout I kinda scared all the little kids away and some of the parents gave me dirty looks!?!? Theres a law?!? I still say they need to make an adult-sized playground with adult sized equipment! I would play on it like every day!! I was even trying to get in with some of the kiddos cause they thought SkyMan was pretty cool....

In other words, no more going to the playground at the park for me anymore!!! I am NOT nor do I EVEN want the slightest hint that I am a pedophile!!

Adult sized playgrounds. You mean like a muscle beach?

God knows where any of those are...
Back to top Go down
Night Stryder

PostSubject: Re: The Playground VS the Gymnasium   The Playground VS the Gymnasium Icon_minitime1Thu Sep 09, 2010 4:31 am

Polarman, that is awesome really. I am glad people are still sane up there where you live. heh

Skyman, I think that people are so afraid of pedophilia these days that parents tend to give you dirty looks if you glance at their kid while walking down the sidewalk. It's ridiculous. I don't think the law is that wide spread yet, but you could check it out. Also it might benefit if you got to know the play-ground community like Polarman has. Smile

Back to top Go down
Polarman

Polarman

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: The Playground VS the Gymnasium   The Playground VS the Gymnasium Icon_minitime1Thu Sep 09, 2010 2:31 pm

I agree that so many people are so afraid of pedophiles and god knows what else may be out there There are alot of people who are really bad even here in Iqaluit I was on my vacation comming from Alberta Stop by a place called Old Mcdonald farm and Campground There is an adult playground with adult size equipment not too far from the kids playground but here everybody shares the parks and play areas Over the last 18 years scince I first started as Polarman I became well known for the best pusher on the swingsets I am the best at playing tag and other fun games that we come up with I work around kids as you would work around obsticals in your path The kids know that if there is a drunk bully or a dangerous offender I will do everything possible to protect them from such dangersI hold off the bully while the older kids get the youngerones to a safe area then they go for help I dont hang around just one playground I go to all of them for the work out
Back to top Go down
Flora V. Arbor

Flora V. Arbor

Category :
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: The Playground VS the Gymnasium   The Playground VS the Gymnasium Icon_minitime1Thu Sep 09, 2010 3:21 pm

go after 6 PM or after bedtime
Back to top Go down
Polarman

Polarman

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: The Playground VS the Gymnasium   The Playground VS the Gymnasium Icon_minitime1Thu Sep 09, 2010 4:31 pm

Its too dark to be safe in the playgrounds at those hours The playgrounds dont have any good lighting in them so I do it durring the day whether the kids are there or not doesnt matter to me
Back to top Go down
Flora V. Arbor

Flora V. Arbor

Category :
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: The Playground VS the Gymnasium   The Playground VS the Gymnasium Icon_minitime1Fri Sep 10, 2010 1:07 am

hmmm time for solar lights
Back to top Go down
Polarman

Polarman

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: The Playground VS the Gymnasium   The Playground VS the Gymnasium Icon_minitime1Fri Sep 10, 2010 2:16 pm

One problem there The sun is dissapearing behind clouds more often It even snowed this morning
Back to top Go down
Flora V. Arbor

Flora V. Arbor

Category :
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: The Playground VS the Gymnasium   The Playground VS the Gymnasium Icon_minitime1Sat Sep 11, 2010 12:29 am

WOW!!!

Shoveling ALREADY?????
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Playground VS the Gymnasium   The Playground VS the Gymnasium Icon_minitime1Sun Sep 12, 2010 1:52 pm

I just go to an elementary school playground instead of a park, no one is ever there! Plus they all have a different playground, so you can vary your workout. I love playgrounds, great for upper body workouts without it feeling like too much of a "workout".
Back to top Go down
Polarman

Polarman

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: The Playground VS the Gymnasium   The Playground VS the Gymnasium Icon_minitime1Wed Sep 15, 2010 12:59 pm

LOL @ Flora Im not shoveling yet I usually start clearing snow around the Thanksgiving weekend next month
Back to top Go down
Flora V. Arbor

Flora V. Arbor

Category :
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: The Playground VS the Gymnasium   The Playground VS the Gymnasium Icon_minitime1Wed Sep 15, 2010 1:00 pm

WHew!!

I'm shoveling mulch to stay in shape for it.

We don't start for a while.

It's about to be leaf-season here!!
Back to top Go down
Silver Sentinel

Silver Sentinel

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: The Playground VS the Gymnasium   The Playground VS the Gymnasium Icon_minitime1Mon Sep 20, 2010 1:43 am

Our town here has a walking trail that you can jog on. Along the way are adult workout stations, different pieces of equipment that you use for stretches, sit ups, etc.
Back to top Go down
Flora V. Arbor

Flora V. Arbor

Category :
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: The Playground VS the Gymnasium   The Playground VS the Gymnasium Icon_minitime1Mon Sep 20, 2010 2:46 am

I LOVE those!!!

Every now and then I have to take a class out side and we use one nearby

YAY!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Playground VS the Gymnasium   The Playground VS the Gymnasium Icon_minitime1Mon Sep 20, 2010 5:50 am

Silver we have something similar here. I use it from time to time, in fact this is the place where a woman was attacked a few months ago and they still haven't caught her assailant. Which reminds me, I have to check on this case.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Playground VS the Gymnasium   The Playground VS the Gymnasium Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

The Playground VS the Gymnasium
Page 1 of 1