Real Life Superheroes - The Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Real Life Superheroes - The Forum

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

TV shows

Go down 
+11
Geist
Polarman
SkyMan
the crimson fist
E0N (Inactive)
ZERO
Entomo
Superhero
RazorHawk
Atavistik
Dark Guardian
15 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Dark Guardian

Dark Guardian

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

TV shows Empty
PostSubject: TV shows   TV shows Icon_minitime1Sat Sep 11, 2010 2:04 am

I have to talk about this because there is a lot of talk about TV shows. People are getting e-mails and messages about shows.
A TV show can be a huge thing. It can be a great thing that happens to real life superheroes or it can be the worst thing to ever happen to rlsh.
I have talked to a lot of people wanting to do rlsh tv shows. I have worked with companies pitching the idea and creating pilots. I talk with Mr. Tangen a bit as well.

I have heard some terrible ideas for shows. Some current shows people are looking to put together right now at the moment have had ideas like real world with real life superheroes. A company that is currently putting together a show was pitching a show using real life supervillains. Being bluntly honest, any show that is being pitched right now does not sound good.

Also I'm kind of bothered by some shows contacting anyone in a costume. If there is a show about rlsh it will ultimately represent and possibly define the entire movement. You need a solid cast that can really represent the movement, not just any schmuck in a costume.

Think and be honest with yourself are you the person to represent an entire movement of people working hard to make a positive change in the world? Do you have the experience, understanding, skill, and words to represent rlsh's?
If you are looking for fame you are obviously doing this for the wrong reasons.

I'm going to repost what I said in another thread
Quote :
Seriously if your going to do something please talk with someone about it. Don't just sign a contract. See if you can talk with people in the business if you know anyone. Message me or e-mail me if you like I've dealt with a lot of TV people at this point. I've been around the mill quite a bit with this stuff. I've negotiated contracts, signed bad agreements before, and got to know people in the industry. Please feel free to ask for advice. E-mail me or message me anytime.
You need to do what is best for you. The producers and TV companies will look to give you the least possible and look to basically own you. Be careful and don't rush in blindly just because you see a couple dollars and a little bit of fame.
Don't sign on too quickly. Don't let them rush you. If they do, politely tell them to suck it. They want you so they need to work around you and accommodate you.

On another note make sure you are doing this for the right reason and the type of show has to link up with what you are doing as a RLSH. Don't let anyone pressure you into doing something you don't like or don't feel comfortable doing. I have talked to and turned down a lot of TV people.

Be careful because none of the people have your interest first nor do they have the real life superhero idea first. Their interest come above all else. You need some form of control when doing something of this sort.

BE CAREFUL.

Now that I have said that, I do not think doing TV is a bad thing. I think it can be great if done right. It takes a lot of work and some form of creative control on the part of the real life superheroes. It need to be a warm hearted show that focuses on causes and missions and tries to inspire other to do good. It should tell heart warming personal stories, but have some great action and training in it and find a great way to tie all the rlsh together.
Back to top Go down
Atavistik

Atavistik

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

TV shows Empty
PostSubject: Re: TV shows   TV shows Icon_minitime1Sat Sep 11, 2010 2:21 am

I am among the faction that would rather leave such things to those of more eloquent speech patterns. while I may, at times, pontificate quite beautifully and my writing can be a joy to read at times..... I am not a public speaker and I'm okay with that, cause I'm good enough, I'm smart enough and doggone it...... people like me Very Happy

for those of you that are contemplating such things, it's always good to check for second opinions and things like that. there are a few of the more established members that have had experience in such things that can offer good advice. take advantage of that

and that old saying, "There's no such thing as bad publicity"....... that's bullshit
Back to top Go down
RazorHawk

RazorHawk

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support

TV shows Empty
PostSubject: Re: TV shows   TV shows Icon_minitime1Sat Sep 11, 2010 7:45 am

I agree DG. Personally I haven't been approached by anyone lately except for that weird one where they wanted all of your info within 24 hours. But there are good and bad concepts out there. And there are people who are suited to be out there in front of the cams and those who aren't. On the other hand we can't really blame the producers for going after anyone in a costume as they don't know who is legit or considered legit and who isn't. They search out MS or FB and find someone in a costume talking about fighting crime or something and they assume they are the real deal.

Ata-you could be a Senator in Mn. (points for whoever gets that one) As for the no such thing as bad publicity. Thats true, I mean ask the folks at BP right now. LOL But on the other hand, publicity is what you make it in some cases too. Don't let the media manipulate you, you go out there and manipulate them. Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Superhero

Superhero

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

TV shows Empty
PostSubject: Re: TV shows   TV shows Icon_minitime1Sat Sep 11, 2010 9:44 am

sadly though If it's a legit production company and has the money to make a show...not just some guy with a camera & editing software, When the deadlines coming they will just grab anybody. there isn't much you can do about it. That's why it's "Showbiz" & not "Showart".

This thing comes & goes in waves for me, i hear nothing for months then suddenly I get besiged with offers at a rate of 2 or 3 a week. It depends what film is out I think Neutral
I guess I'm considered "camera friendly" & I don't choke. Problem is, most of the offers ARE from nobodies with a camera & Editing software. They know that if they can cut 14 episodes they can sell it for $250,000 to somebody.

They really don't care if we look good...bad...or ugly as long as they make the $paper$ Boo Boo. And you get nothing. That's what reality TV is....Instant gratification is the term. Crank it out as LOW cost as possible.

Hence I turn them all down. I'm always going to be more interested
in doing something scripted. Like that episode of Rookie Blue.
Back to top Go down
Atavistik

Atavistik

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

TV shows Empty
PostSubject: Re: TV shows   TV shows Icon_minitime1Sat Sep 11, 2010 10:54 am

wow..... that actually took me a second. it must be breakfast time. and actually, I just dig the fuzzy sweaters.........
Back to top Go down
RazorHawk

RazorHawk

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support

TV shows Empty
PostSubject: Re: TV shows   TV shows Icon_minitime1Sat Sep 11, 2010 10:58 pm

We all dig the fuzzy sweaters.
Back to top Go down
Entomo

Entomo

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

TV shows Empty
PostSubject: Re: TV shows   TV shows Icon_minitime1Sun Sep 12, 2010 5:55 am

I'm out of this TV/media shit, definitely.
This is turning into a ridiculous circus. It's not a fucking show.
I'm out of it, without regrets... before it would be too late.
Back to top Go down
ZERO

ZERO

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service
  • Non-RLSH

TV shows Empty
PostSubject: Re: TV shows   TV shows Icon_minitime1Mon Oct 04, 2010 10:52 pm

I agree with a lot of this. Good points.

What I must add is this: I've seen a lot of peoples attitudes toward the media change over time, as they mature and make their mistakes by not being discerning over which media outlets they choose to be their tools... And I'm kind of disappointed to see that people simply make their bad choices, which leads to a bad experience, which then leads to a lot of generalizations against anyone who has anything to do with reaching a larger audience.

The key is not to blame your choices on the world, the key is to make better and more strategic choices. A bit of PR training and mass psychological research wouldnt hurt either. You're entering into a world where the media could be one of your greatest tools, if you know how the mind of the mass works.

Just an idea.
Back to top Go down
RazorHawk

RazorHawk

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support

TV shows Empty
PostSubject: Re: TV shows   TV shows Icon_minitime1Tue Oct 05, 2010 8:06 am

Precisely.
Back to top Go down
E0N (Inactive)

E0N (Inactive)

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

TV shows Empty
PostSubject: Re: TV shows   TV shows Icon_minitime1Tue Oct 05, 2010 12:45 pm

Uh... yes. I actually have nothing to add, which shocks me.
Back to top Go down
the crimson fist

the crimson fist

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

TV shows Empty
PostSubject: Re: TV shows   TV shows Icon_minitime1Wed Oct 06, 2010 12:48 pm

Z wrote:
You're entering into a world where the media could be one of your greatest tools, if you know how the mind of the mass works.

This.
Back to top Go down
SkyMan

SkyMan

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

TV shows Empty
PostSubject: Re: TV shows   TV shows Icon_minitime1Wed Oct 06, 2010 8:28 pm

My awe for Z just upped a notch!!
Back to top Go down
Entomo

Entomo

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

TV shows Empty
PostSubject: Re: TV shows   TV shows Icon_minitime1Thu Oct 07, 2010 6:19 am

Z wrote:
I agree with a lot of this. Good points.

What I must add is this: I've seen a lot of peoples attitudes toward the media change over time, as they mature and make their mistakes by not being discerning over which media outlets they choose to be their tools... And I'm kind of disappointed to see that people simply make their bad choices, which leads to a bad experience, which then leads to a lot of generalizations against anyone who has anything to do with reaching a larger audience.

The key is not to blame your choices on the world, the key is to make better and more strategic choices. A bit of PR training and mass psychological research wouldnt hurt either. You're entering into a world where the media could be one of your greatest tools, if you know how the mind of the mass works.

Just an idea.

I agree with every single letter you wrote.
Back to top Go down
ZERO

ZERO

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service
  • Non-RLSH

TV shows Empty
PostSubject: Re: TV shows   TV shows Icon_minitime1Thu Oct 07, 2010 3:23 pm

I've been doing a lot of thinking. Meeting a lot of people. And My views on this entire endeavor have pretty much changed over the last few months.

I have a plan for New York, to begin with... its already in motion, and I think it's dealing with an issue that you're all going to have to deal with in the coming months in your own areas. There's already evidence that it's been spreading here, and honestly I doubt that this kind of high-up corruption is going to be limited to just one city.

But I shouldn't get ahead of myself.
Back to top Go down
ZERO

ZERO

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service
  • Non-RLSH

TV shows Empty
PostSubject: Re: TV shows   TV shows Icon_minitime1Thu Oct 07, 2010 3:29 pm

Oh, btw... no matter who it is, guys, try to stay away from television. By definition its based on ratings, and they have a business to run, basically... so that means truth is a distant second to the attractiveness of the story they're telling...

I strongly encourage everyone within the community to utilize underground media such as independent filmmakers (with previous works other than sensationalized bullshit), underground newspapers and indy journalists.

Furthermore, if you're going to do anything with media, it should either be for charity (which is the ONLY reason I participated in Peter Tangen's photo project), or if it's a "war journal", meaning if they're covering an action or mission you're getting into.

Interviews have been done over and over and have generally served to prove nothing and actually work against us in the credibility department. We just look like assholes sitting there, talking...
Back to top Go down
Polarman

Polarman

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

TV shows Empty
PostSubject: Re: TV shows   TV shows Icon_minitime1Thu Oct 07, 2010 4:35 pm

While I agree with alot of what you said DG I have to point out some experiences about the childrens tv show I sometimes appear on When I appear on the show I am a guest not a regular member of the cast also I define myself on that show as I dont know if you would be caught dead talking to a bunch of puppets and playing with the letters of the alphabet No I have never appeared on Sesamee Street but there is a show simular to it called Takuginai or translated as Watch Me It features inuktutukt speaking puppets and kids I dont speak the language very well so I dont talk very much and when I do talk they have a voice over translating what I am saying Sometimes They film the segments in english and have everybody speaking english but that depends on what we are doing and what the episode is about You can watch this show on the ATPN channel if you have the satilite in the states or if you have the cable in Canada They had me do lots of fun stuff on the show like excersise and nutrition and playing safe at the park Im pitching some ideas later for the Halloween feature to see if they will go for it including costume making with the kids and puppets Maybe even some pumpkin carving as well In the past Ive done snow shoveling Pronouncing words like Tuktu (Caribou) and Inukshuk while trying to remember which word goes with what object That can be a real challange at times because 3 letters coud be < > and an upsidedown V then you have J lying on its side facing 2 different directions depending on the letter or it may be a backwards J or upside downand the same with the letter L Its been kind of fun as kids get funny sometimes and try to sneak in something that doesnt belong in the show but they always have a good laugh trying to figure out when I am going to goof up my lines or say something that has a whole different meaning than what was intended for the show
Back to top Go down
Superhero

Superhero

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

TV shows Empty
PostSubject: Re: TV shows   TV shows Icon_minitime1Thu Oct 07, 2010 4:43 pm

@Polar: is any of this on youtube or some version of Hulu? I would love to finally see some live action footage of you.
Back to top Go down
ZERO

ZERO

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service
  • Non-RLSH

TV shows Empty
PostSubject: Re: TV shows   TV shows Icon_minitime1Thu Oct 07, 2010 4:59 pm

i would love to speak to puppets wearing full Z gear.
Back to top Go down
Polarman

Polarman

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

TV shows Empty
PostSubject: Re: TV shows   TV shows Icon_minitime1Thu Oct 07, 2010 5:07 pm

I just googled Takuginai Polarman Maybe you might find something on Youtube I cnat find it Ill have to ask them over at the studio after Canadian Thanksgiving
Back to top Go down
Geist

Geist

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support

TV shows Empty
PostSubject: Re: TV shows   TV shows Icon_minitime1Thu Oct 07, 2010 5:56 pm

I've also become aware of the need for caution on this topic.

While I respect the art of independent documentary filmmakers who actually research and respect what we do, I'm not going to bite on any tv offers that have been floating around again lately. I can't believe that a tv show is going to make us look good or also be something that I'd want to watch.

I've backed away from anything involving television and I have other reasons that I can't mention here.

I really have to consider the value and the cost of everything I do concerning media exposure on a case-by-case basis and probably decline almost everything.
Back to top Go down
Superhero

Superhero

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

TV shows Empty
PostSubject: Re: TV shows   TV shows Icon_minitime1Thu Oct 07, 2010 5:59 pm

IDK....

In light of sudden turns for me I may sit down & write a RLSH pilot. I may get a little more notice now.
Back to top Go down
E0N (Inactive)

E0N (Inactive)

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

TV shows Empty
PostSubject: Re: TV shows   TV shows Icon_minitime1Thu Oct 07, 2010 11:28 pm

That would be awesome if for no other reason than there could end up being a modern TV show I looked forward to watching.
Back to top Go down

TV shows Empty
PostSubject: Re: TV shows   TV shows Icon_minitime1Thu Oct 07, 2010 11:32 pm

I had no plans to interview either, but when the Fanboy Confessions crew was up with Thanatos, I saw they had geniune interest in what Than was doing, and I ultimately agreed because they were working hard and I did not want to leave them with so little because nobody else showed to the meet.

Back to top Go down
Superhero

Superhero

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

TV shows Empty
PostSubject: Re: TV shows   TV shows Icon_minitime1Fri Oct 08, 2010 12:10 am

Well if I do do it now I'll have more of a Known name & a better chance of getting it out there. A LOT of people who do this may not be happy with it though... No

Not everyone will wear black cheers
Back to top Go down
Superhero

Superhero

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

TV shows Empty
PostSubject: Re: TV shows   TV shows Icon_minitime1Fri Oct 08, 2010 12:11 am

Oh & FYI the same production company knows who (What) I am...& also wants me to talk RLSH documentary with them. IDK though. They would have to front a TON of money & you'd all have to see some scratch...know what I'm sayn' ? No more of this Break your back for free crap. That's why I'd want a series instead.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

TV shows Empty
PostSubject: Re: TV shows   TV shows Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

TV shows
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Real Life Superheroes - The Forum :: General Information :: Training & Preparation-
Jump to: