Real Life Superheroes - The Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Real Life Superheroes - The Forum

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Hypertension

Go down 
+5
Crossfire the Crusader
Proteus
E0N (Inactive)
Superhero
Equal
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Equal

Equal

Hypertension Empty
PostSubject: Hypertension   Hypertension Icon_minitime1Fri Nov 12, 2010 9:46 pm

Worked night shift for nine months, and I'm starting to feel it. Is it a way to get it down without using drugs or quit my job? I hate my diet silent and jogging bounce , so I have no problems trying new things. I'm not overweight elephant and not smoking flower .
Back to top Go down
Superhero

Superhero

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

Hypertension Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hypertension   Hypertension Icon_minitime1Fri Nov 12, 2010 10:10 pm

Evertime I hear the word 'Hypertension" I think of John Amos in Good Times holding the chair over his head & saying "DOES IT LOOK LIKE I HAVE HYPERTENSION!?!" Laughing
Back to top Go down
E0N (Inactive)

E0N (Inactive)

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

Hypertension Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hypertension   Hypertension Icon_minitime1Fri Nov 12, 2010 10:15 pm

Get a girlfriend who knows how to do deep tissue massage. Razz
Back to top Go down
Equal

Equal

Hypertension Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hypertension   Hypertension Icon_minitime1Fri Nov 12, 2010 10:31 pm

@Superhero: Your tights is totally AWESOME. WOW.
@EON: Mrs Yell would hate that
Back to top Go down

Hypertension Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hypertension   Hypertension Icon_minitime1Fri Nov 12, 2010 11:44 pm

Meditate.

Seriously, just sit down somewhere quiet and comfortable, close your eyes, and do abso-effing-lutely nothing for a while.

Feels good man.
Back to top Go down
Proteus

Proteus

Category :
  • Hero Support
  • Non-RLSH

Hypertension Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hypertension   Hypertension Icon_minitime1Sat Nov 13, 2010 2:55 am

Along the lines of what Tek said. There's a biofeedback-based technique that used to work well for me (I used to get BAD tension headaches when I was in high school).

Lie down in a comfortable position while listening to soft music. focus all of your attention on the tips of your big toes and imagine all of the muscles in your toes relaxing (after a while you will literally begin to feel a tingling sensation in your toes)

Now picture that sensation slowly moving down your feet and up to your ankles, relaxing every muscle as it goes. Then just slowly picture that sensation moving up your body to the tip of your head, and make sure you are visualizing every body part relaxing as you go until you've relaxed every muscle in your body.

By this time you should be in an extremely relaxed state... continue lying there enjoying the music. If you fall asleep, enjoy the nap.

When you finally get up (or wake up) you should feel very relaxed and refreshed.
Back to top Go down
Crossfire the Crusader

Crossfire the Crusader

Category :
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support

Hypertension Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hypertension   Hypertension Icon_minitime1Sat Nov 13, 2010 3:59 am

Some sound advice for lowering hypertension can be found in this clip...Be warned its not what you might expect.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Proteus

Proteus

Category :
  • Hero Support
  • Non-RLSH

Hypertension Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hypertension   Hypertension Icon_minitime1Sat Nov 13, 2010 4:25 am

That cheers
Back to top Go down
Urban Avenger

Urban Avenger

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

Hypertension Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hypertension   Hypertension Icon_minitime1Sat Nov 13, 2010 5:34 am

what exactly is hypertension? I'm lame.
Back to top Go down
Crossfire the Crusader

Crossfire the Crusader

Category :
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support

Hypertension Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hypertension   Hypertension Icon_minitime1Sat Nov 13, 2010 6:20 am

High blood pressure usually aggravated by high levels of stress.
Back to top Go down
Polarman

Polarman

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

Hypertension Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hypertension   Hypertension Icon_minitime1Sat Nov 13, 2010 2:18 pm

I just go to the playground and work out on the climbing gyms to work out the stress For now But once the snow comes and I get shoveling again Ill be really happy for that workout
Back to top Go down
kapes13

kapes13

Hypertension Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hypertension   Hypertension Icon_minitime1Sat Nov 13, 2010 5:28 pm

Yes my Mom worked nights for 30 years and she suffers from hypertension to this day. Massages like EON suggested will really ease the tension as I would massage Mom and it helped her out!
Back to top Go down
Urban Avenger

Urban Avenger

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

Hypertension Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hypertension   Hypertension Icon_minitime1Sat Nov 13, 2010 5:38 pm

you know, sometimes when the stress builds up on me I sometimes get these little bubbles in my arms and legs, at least it feels like bubbles in the veins in my arms and legs.
Back to top Go down
Superhero

Superhero

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

Hypertension Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hypertension   Hypertension Icon_minitime1Sat Nov 13, 2010 10:15 pm

That's called THE BENDS!!!!!! Jesus Christ!
Back to top Go down
Equal

Equal

Hypertension Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hypertension   Hypertension Icon_minitime1Sat Nov 13, 2010 11:35 pm

Calm down Super, no reason for hypertension.

Sorry. Couldn't resist.
Back to top Go down
Urban Avenger

Urban Avenger

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

Hypertension Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hypertension   Hypertension Icon_minitime1Sun Nov 14, 2010 5:51 am

The bends? Isn't that from going too deep underwater?
Back to top Go down
Superhero

Superhero

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

Hypertension Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hypertension   Hypertension Icon_minitime1Sun Nov 14, 2010 10:13 am

No it's from coming up too fast. but you have a symptom of it!
Back to top Go down
Urban Avenger

Urban Avenger

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

Hypertension Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hypertension   Hypertension Icon_minitime1Sun Nov 14, 2010 12:11 pm

Oh yeah, same differfence. I wonder why that happens. Its not very often anymore but it does happen.
Back to top Go down
Superhero

Superhero

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

Hypertension Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hypertension   Hypertension Icon_minitime1Sun Nov 14, 2010 1:15 pm

you got a doctor around you that has a pressure chamber? ask him.
Back to top Go down

Hypertension Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hypertension   Hypertension Icon_minitime1Sun Nov 14, 2010 3:21 pm

It would be an air embolism (the bends fall under this) referring to gas bubbles in the circulatory system.
It just doesn't normally happen unless you come up from higher pressure to lower pressure without taking time to allow the body to depressurize (the bends) or a large amount of air is injected into your veins.
Since you're feeling this, then your body is seriously wrong, bubbles can form naturally in the body, but this just seems odd caue you can feel it. Go get checked out you freak. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Alchemist

Alchemist

Hypertension Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hypertension   Hypertension Icon_minitime1Sun Nov 14, 2010 7:56 pm

some advice:
1. stretch every day (flexible body makes flexible mind)
2. smile as much as you can... even in your writings put smile (you get endorphin even if you just think of it)...
3. when you travel on bus or before sleep, visualize this: white light energy coming to your body through a vortex in the top of your head (from the sky) and in your feet (from the ground) to your solar plexus and the energy forming an orb (or fire ball)... if you can do that... you can meditate Very Happy
in fact these three things can change the life.
Back to top Go down
Equal

Equal

Hypertension Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hypertension   Hypertension Icon_minitime1Tue Nov 16, 2010 6:19 am

So far I'm jogging more, five times a week instead of three (man how I hate it Razz ), streching every day, adjusted my diet for less saturated fat and trying to smile more. Also training more relaxed and focused aikiken than earlier. Let's see how it works out. Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Hypertension Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hypertension   Hypertension Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Hypertension
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Real Life Superheroes - The Forum :: General Information :: Training & Preparation-
Jump to: