Real Life Superheroes - The Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Real Life Superheroes - The Forum

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Important advice for newcomers

Go down 
+8
Boosterman
Fear
Anonyman
Atavistik
thanatos
E0N (Inactive)
ZERO
Entomo
12 posters
AuthorMessage
Entomo

Entomo

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

Important advice for newcomers Empty
PostSubject: Important advice for newcomers   Important advice for newcomers Icon_minitime1Sun Nov 21, 2010 12:38 pm

Hello colleagues,

I'm very happy the RLSH movement is progressively expanding, no matter how much TV and medias can tamper and interfer with it. At this point... we must show some concrete self-consciousness and will to rule upon the BS they can put out to socially "label" us.
We don't need to be "properly" labelled, we just need to go out and make some protecting without revolving around our (noticeable) egos (nothing wrong with having an ego, even). Costumes work as inspirational tools.
So, again, I'm very glad newcomers/newbies are coming in and embracing our "business". Keep in account one cool name on a screen and a great-looking costume are not enough to be one of us, and you already know it. This is not some LARP sh!t or cosplaying, but a serious effort to make the difference and help people.
I know I'm basically preaching to the choir.

I started patrolling in 2003 as my civilian self, and debuted as Entomo in March 2007. It has been a long ride, and I'm sure the best is yet to come. I'm 100% sure.

I just wanna warn you: if you're going to patrol the streets extensively like I and many others did and still do, please be wise. Provide yourself with a fast vehicle, even a bike, it doesn't matter.
Two foot is good, you can run and hide, you can react easily. But just remember you need a solid back-up. You need a vehicle whose license plate is not that much recognizable, think about making it up a bit like I do. Switching license plates work magnificently.

If you belong to a team, well, your number doesn't matter. You all need vehicles nonetheless. I did patrols without vehicle in 2007, and it was a very difficult task to accomplish.

Last year I purchased my actual vehicle, TurboScarab, which is a very fast OPEL car. It worked.

So be wise, don't underrate dangers in this "business". You need a vehicle. Also, mantain this vehicle the best way possible. If you can't afford a vehicle, you should seriously reconsider doing this, until the conditions are fine for you to go without killing yourself.

Just my view as veteran, by the way.
Back to top Go down
ZERO

ZERO

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service
  • Non-RLSH

PostSubject: Re: Important advice for newcomers   Important advice for newcomers Icon_minitime1Sun Nov 21, 2010 2:08 pm

Switching license plates is a felony here. Just saying.

Try splashing some mud on your plate if anything. I told you that like last year, man.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Important advice for newcomers   Important advice for newcomers Icon_minitime1Sun Nov 21, 2010 2:18 pm

Up here in Cananda even the mud can get you a nice little ticket.
Back to top Go down
Entomo

Entomo

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Important advice for newcomers   Important advice for newcomers Icon_minitime1Sun Nov 21, 2010 2:58 pm

Z wrote:
Switching license plates is a felony here. Just saying.

Try splashing some mud on your plate if anything. I told you that like last year, man.

Z:

1- I know. It's the same here in Italy.
2- I know. Your advice is good. Now the newcomers know about it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Important advice for newcomers   Important advice for newcomers Icon_minitime1Sun Nov 21, 2010 3:09 pm

I think if you do something to obstruct your plates it's gonna look kinda obvious and might get you pulled over by police....I'd recommend against it.
Back to top Go down
E0N (Inactive)

E0N (Inactive)

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Important advice for newcomers   Important advice for newcomers Icon_minitime1Sun Nov 21, 2010 6:04 pm

Yeah. Also that whole concept that James Bond's license plate whirling around suddenly made him and his distinctive car totally unrecognizeable is sort of wishful thinking.

Borrowing or renting a car might be something to consider, depending on why you don't want your car recognized.
Back to top Go down
thanatos

thanatos

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Important advice for newcomers   Important advice for newcomers Icon_minitime1Sun Nov 21, 2010 9:31 pm

you could 'borrow' a gang members car or limo.....

what?
Back to top Go down
Atavistik

Atavistik

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Important advice for newcomers   Important advice for newcomers Icon_minitime1Sun Nov 21, 2010 9:56 pm

I still don't know how to feel about this thread......
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Important advice for newcomers   Important advice for newcomers Icon_minitime1Sun Nov 21, 2010 10:18 pm

My advice to newbs? Be honest about your past actions. Dont claim to know people or be affiliated with people you are not. Wear a vest that protects you from casual gunshot wounds. Have respect for police officers. Respect your elders.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Important advice for newcomers   Important advice for newcomers Icon_minitime1Sun Nov 21, 2010 10:48 pm

Here in texas it's as easy as just using someone elses car; that driver gets a ticket, they go to court and say "I wasn't driving it, and this is all I'm legally required to tell you." Ticket dismissed, and if they don't have a way to figure out who was actually driving it goes out the window...
Back to top Go down
Anonyman

Anonyman

Category :
  • Hero Support

PostSubject: Re: Important advice for newcomers   Important advice for newcomers Icon_minitime1Sun Nov 21, 2010 11:27 pm

Here, during winter, snow often conceals the license plates of several cars. And I've never heard of anyone getting a ticket, or even pulled over, for that.
Back to top Go down
Fear

Fear

Category :
  • Crime Fighter

PostSubject: Re: Important advice for newcomers   Important advice for newcomers Icon_minitime1Sun Nov 21, 2010 11:29 pm

That is the same in Arizona, but that only works so many times. But then again they have photo tickets here on the highway and side streets still, but not for much longer.

Another way that helps is keeping your vehicle at a safe distance away that you can duck into if needed and be able to disappear, and having an unassuming car always helps too.

Driving around in a souped up Mustang will only get you noticed faster, learned that one pretty quick on one patrol.
Back to top Go down
Boosterman

Category :
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support

PostSubject: Re: Important advice for newcomers   Important advice for newcomers Icon_minitime1Mon Nov 22, 2010 3:49 am

The license plate thing is not an issue for me. I don't have a vehicle that I can casually use for a patrol or that wouldn't stand out.

Instead, I have a bus pass and killer quads.

I'm not going to reconsider doing RLSH until I get a vehicle. If I was more of a diehard patroller then I might consider it, but at this point, I don't feel it's a requirement.

BOOSTERMAN

Back to top Go down
Entomo

Entomo

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Important advice for newcomers   Important advice for newcomers Icon_minitime1Mon Nov 22, 2010 3:52 am

Just forget about switching license plates, focuse on the VEHICLE itself.
You all need a solid vehicle to start this activity. If you can't afford that, well, things are going to turn pretty nasty for you in some way or another. A vehicle is a necessary back-up for your actions, and even a place where you can wear your suit without risking your identity.
Even if your vehicle is not that fast, it doesn't truly matter, just use it, be wise, be safe.
Back to top Go down
Entomo

Entomo

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Important advice for newcomers   Important advice for newcomers Icon_minitime1Mon Nov 22, 2010 3:53 am

mrravenblade wrote:
My advice to newbs? Be honest about your past actions. Dont claim to know people or be affiliated with people you are not. Wear a vest that protects you from casual gunshot wounds. Have respect for police officers. Respect your elders.

Well put.
We must work with Police, indeed.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Important advice for newcomers   Important advice for newcomers Icon_minitime1Mon Nov 22, 2010 12:45 pm

@Fear - the reason why their having to get rid of them is the 6th amendment; you have the right to face your accuser, so they have to rip that machine out and bring it to court, plus its been shown lately that their purposely programmed wrong to just hand out tickets as a way to make cash...

@Entomo - You don't need to work *with* them, just not against them and don't break any laws.
Back to top Go down
THE-MACHINE

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support

PostSubject: Re: Important advice for newcomers   Important advice for newcomers Icon_minitime1Fri Apr 29, 2011 3:23 pm

not to sound discouraging. but I feel you are not so much as a vet more like a rookie. change lic plates? for real? for me personally it sounds dishonest. and i don't think that really meets up to the standards the rest of us are thriving to living up to. i apologizes if this is offensive to you as its not meant to be. i think for all of us to survive we need to stick together. this is me hoping to watch your back, as i may need it from you one day.
Back to top Go down
Anonyman

Anonyman

Category :
  • Hero Support

PostSubject: Re: Important advice for newcomers   Important advice for newcomers Icon_minitime1Sun May 01, 2011 2:00 am

Entomo is indeed a veteran. He's on hiatus from RLSH work at the moment, but he's been doing this for quite some time.

Everyone has their own way of doing this. Some people methods may seem dishonest to you, but the way I see it, it doesn't matter as long as good is getting done.
Back to top Go down
RobertHood

RobertHood

Category :
  • Crime Fighter

PostSubject: Re: Important advice for newcomers   Important advice for newcomers Icon_minitime1Sat May 21, 2011 7:16 pm

Im new and dont have my own transport but I don't see why that would be an excuse to allow human filth to inflict harm on others. People are getting poorer, petty crime is on the up we can't just sit back and allow bad things to happen. We can all do something masked or unmasked, helping the disadvantaged or just keeping an eye out for trouble, not everyone needs to make a swift getaway after defeating twenty guys while 'kapow' flashes above you with every punch.
Back to top Go down
Batguy

Batguy

Category :
  • Crime Fighter

PostSubject: Re: Important advice for newcomers   Important advice for newcomers Icon_minitime1Wed Jun 22, 2011 11:56 am

Motorcycle... ?
Back to top Go down
Polarman

Polarman

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Important advice for newcomers   Important advice for newcomers Icon_minitime1Wed Jun 22, 2011 1:04 pm

2 cars in one garage Floor opens in grarage to hide RLSH car while your family car is visable
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Important advice for newcomers   Important advice for newcomers Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Important advice for newcomers
Page 1 of 1