Real Life Superheroes - The Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Real Life Superheroes - The Forum

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Set a yearly goal

Go down 
+8
DRock
Gadgetastic!
Flora V. Arbor
Fear
kapes13
Astraios
Equal
Superhero
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
DRock

DRock

Set a yearly goal - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Set a yearly goal   Set a yearly goal - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Mon Dec 06, 2010 2:27 pm

Part of my goal is complete.

Just purchased a 6 month membership to my local community centre, which has a gym, pool and hot tub!
Back to top Go down
Artisteroi

Artisteroi

Category :
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support

PostSubject: Re: Set a yearly goal   Set a yearly goal - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Mon Dec 06, 2010 3:55 pm

still working on my juggling. not improving much. I am doing it though The bike rides have gotten farther between as the weather got cooler. Sad
Back to top Go down
Fear

Fear

Category :
  • Crime Fighter

PostSubject: Re: Set a yearly goal   Set a yearly goal - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Mon Dec 06, 2010 5:23 pm

I am working on getting my cardio back up to 4 miles a day in running. Right now I bike to work instead of driving, it is a 4 mile ride up, and 4 back. I am working my way back up to running the whole thing.

During my high school years, I ran a 5 minute mile (most of that was learned from outrunning the cops growing up haha), and the training in school. A good workout is running laps in a pool, the resistance helps build up strength in your legs like you wouldn't believe.
Back to top Go down
Flora V. Arbor

Flora V. Arbor

Category :
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Set a yearly goal   Set a yearly goal - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Tue Dec 07, 2010 12:57 am

Fear wrote:
I am working on getting my cardio back up to 4 miles a day in running. Right now I bike to work instead of driving, it is a 4 mile ride up, and 4 back. I am working my way back up to running the whole thing.

During my high school years, I ran a 5 minute mile (most of that was learned from outrunning the cops growing up haha), and the training in school. A good workout is running laps in a pool, the resistance helps build up strength in your legs like you wouldn't believe.

WAY WAY cool!
Back to top Go down
Flora V. Arbor

Flora V. Arbor

Category :
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Set a yearly goal   Set a yearly goal - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Tue Dec 07, 2010 12:58 am

Artisteroi wrote:
still working on my juggling. not improving much. I am doing it though The bike rides have gotten farther between as the weather got cooler. Sad

OH OH OH!! Have you seen Micheal J. Gelb's stuff about juggling???

Did we type about this already?
Juggling make a sheen on the brain that makes you process info better.
It comes from the repeated physical patterns.
When you stop practicing, it fades.
Back to top Go down
Flora V. Arbor

Flora V. Arbor

Category :
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Set a yearly goal   Set a yearly goal - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Tue Dec 07, 2010 1:02 am

DRock wrote:
Part of my goal is complete.

Just purchased a 6 month membership to my local community centre, which has a gym, pool and hot tub!

OH! DUDE Community Centers ROCK! ( no pun!)
I added Comm Centers to my gyms rounds
and
have BEEN THRILLED even since

One of our buildings is a Leeds building -all Green!

I almost cry every time that I am there
because it is THAT beautiful!!!
...and we feed teens in the after noon so the place smells like REALL tasty food when I show up

and we have a computer room for under privlidged kids
where the wall are all glass with trees outside.
It's like being in a forest!

They have day care for seniors with Alzhiemers
where they where a chip and can't leave the building because it is all monitored

WAAAAAAY cool!

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Set a yearly goal   Set a yearly goal - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sun Dec 12, 2010 3:42 am

I want to become more athletic and fitter, How would someone achieve this? And what would be the best thing to do when trying to bulk up?
Back to top Go down
Urban Avenger

Urban Avenger

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Set a yearly goal   Set a yearly goal - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sun Dec 12, 2010 5:03 am

eat a lot of protient. and focus more on heavy weights and few reps. power lifting essentially. I focus on definition and tone so I do a lot of reps with lower weights.

example:

concentration curls (for bixeps)

I usually do 10 sets of 10 at 25lbs each. if you are looking to build mass I would do 40-50lbs and do 8 sets of 8 reps. (I like round numbers)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Set a yearly goal   Set a yearly goal - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sun Dec 12, 2010 5:06 am

I guess i need to start lifting heavy weights.
Back to top Go down
Equal

Equal

PostSubject: Re: Set a yearly goal   Set a yearly goal - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sun Dec 12, 2010 5:10 am

Make a new topic, that's to big to include into this.
Back to top Go down
Urban Avenger

Urban Avenger

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Set a yearly goal   Set a yearly goal - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sun Dec 12, 2010 5:12 am

I guess if you wanted to state it like that you could say, I want to be able to lift X lbs and do Y sets of Z reps.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Set a yearly goal   Set a yearly goal - Page 2 Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Set a yearly goal
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2