Real Life Superheroes - The Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Real Life Superheroes - The Forum

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Taoist Sexuality Practice

Go down 
+4
Urban Avenger
Crossfire the Crusader
E0N (Inactive)
PsychicSeraphicLotusMetta
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage

Taoist Sexuality Practice Empty
PostSubject: Taoist Sexuality Practice   Taoist Sexuality Practice Icon_minitime1Thu Jan 20, 2011 8:23 pm

Does anyone here know about Taoist beliefs on male ejaculation?

this is from wikipedia;

"Qigong and Chinese medicine place huge emphasis on a form of energy called 精 (pinyin: jīng, also a morpheme denoting "essence" or "spirit")[23][24] – which one attempts to develop and accumulate. "Jing" is sexual energy and is considered to dissipate with ejaculation so masturbation is considered "energy suicide" amongst those who practice this art. According to Qigong theory, energy from many pathways/meridians becomes diverted and transfers itself to the sexual organs during sexual excitement. The ensuing orgasm and ejaculation will then finally expel the energy from the system completely. The Chinese proverb 一滴精,十滴血 (pinyin: yì dī jīng, shí dī xuè, literally: a drop of semen is equal to ten drops of blood) illustrates this point.

The scientific term for semen in Chinese is 精液 (pinyin: jīng yè, literally: fluid of essence/jing) and the term for sperm is 精子 (pinyin: jīng zǐ, literally: basic element of essence/jing), two modern terms with classical referents."

I know that those training in Kung Fu rarely ejaculate and say that a single ejaculation can send you back years.

Also in my limited knowledge I know that the seasons play a part winter being the time to conserve the most.

Does anyone practice male energy retention for strength and training?
Back to top Go down
E0N (Inactive)

E0N (Inactive)

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Taoist Sexuality Practice   Taoist Sexuality Practice Icon_minitime1Thu Jan 20, 2011 8:35 pm

Eh... well.

If I absolutely had to claim a religion it'd be Taoism... I've been mostly celebate or, uh, refrained from finishing...

...because I'm on a personal quest to transform myself into a Xian (신선)... [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xian_(Taoism)]

Uh... why do you ask?

And something to understand about Taoism, as I understand it, is that it's very Taoist to violate any practice or principle you think you have guiding you if you know that it's the right -- as in "correct" thing to do at the time.

So I doubt these guys are strictly following their own practices the way, for instance, a conscientious Christian would follow his practices.

This probably belongs in the lounge considering what anyone who cares to respond will probably think of it. Could be wrong, though.
Back to top Go down
Crossfire the Crusader

Crossfire the Crusader

Category :
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support

PostSubject: Re: Taoist Sexuality Practice   Taoist Sexuality Practice Icon_minitime1Thu Jan 20, 2011 8:42 pm

As a conscientious Christian I will go on record to say only this...I'm married to a beautiful redhaired nymphomaniac...and loving every minute of it!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Taoist Sexuality Practice   Taoist Sexuality Practice Icon_minitime1Thu Jan 20, 2011 8:43 pm

medically speaking, i can probably find plenty of substantiated evidence to the contrary of this stance; ie the statistics of monks with prostate problems because they never "release".

i would consider it a conscious choice to refrain from something that is completely natural, but not necessarily transcendent. for some people it may enable them to feel empowered because they are not bound by baser instincts, but all they are doing is putting it on a pedastal by making it taboo.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Taoist Sexuality Practice   Taoist Sexuality Practice Icon_minitime1Thu Jan 20, 2011 8:46 pm

You believe in Xian metaphorically or literally?

I have had teachers who tried to become Xian, I think it's rather silly and irrational. Haahaha just kidding I think it's real.

To become Xian you have to eat right and do hella qi-gong. Do you eat grain? Do you unify your internal male and female aspect? Left and right brain? These questions are not judgemental, I am open and interested.

peace.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Taoist Sexuality Practice   Taoist Sexuality Practice Icon_minitime1Thu Jan 20, 2011 8:51 pm

@ crossfire, hahaha amazing

@ knight owl, I would be inclined to agree with you but what about the personal experience of feeling weaker after ejaculation?
Back to top Go down
Crossfire the Crusader

Crossfire the Crusader

Category :
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support

PostSubject: Re: Taoist Sexuality Practice   Taoist Sexuality Practice Icon_minitime1Thu Jan 20, 2011 8:53 pm

@ nametoolongtotypeguy - yes it is!
Back to top Go down
E0N (Inactive)

E0N (Inactive)

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Taoist Sexuality Practice   Taoist Sexuality Practice Icon_minitime1Thu Jan 20, 2011 8:54 pm

I'm sure the medical-based stance there is accurate. The feeling of weakness after sex is explained in scientific terms by a horomone that makes you want to go to sleep or something... which is kind of like saying turkey makes you weak. It's a temporary thing.

I'd bet the stats are different for monks in Asia, though... Taoism leads people toward extremes in an attempt to practice moderation, or something like that.

PsychicSeraphicLotusMetta, does the Tao exist literally or metaphorically? Smile For what I think you're asking -- yeah, I'm serious.

My specific understanding of it might be different from yours and kind of hard to express accurately here.

Finally just a BTW in my experience a lot of the time this kind of analysis of Chinese or Chinese-based words...

The scientific term for semen in Chinese is 精液 (pinyin: jīng yè, literally: fluid of essence/jing) and the term for sperm is 精子 (pinyin: jīng zǐ, literally: basic element of essence/jing), two modern terms with classical referents."

... can sometimes be like if someone speaking English used the word "quintessential" in a sentence and you took that to mean he was deliberately talking about an alchemical fifth element being involved.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Taoist Sexuality Practice   Taoist Sexuality Practice Icon_minitime1Thu Jan 20, 2011 8:59 pm

i would not equate the loss of a teaspoon of fluid as the reason.

your body has a lot of physiological changes during arousal and coitus. your vasculature opens up, and the blood flow increases. probably its the use of your body's most basic fuel supply, ATP
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

not to mention, many of the muscles you useduring said act are remaining taut, that do not normally stay in the contracted positon for extended periods of time. this would cause an increase of cellular wastes to build up, leading to soreness.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Taoist Sexuality Practice   Taoist Sexuality Practice Icon_minitime1Thu Jan 20, 2011 9:08 pm

I would be really interested in hearing what you are doing to transform into a Xian and I think I could support you.

My intuition is that my words of support couldn't hurt. Also I am a wealth of information physically and intellectually about energetic practice from kundalini to tai chi. Maybe we could support each other!

I would be really interested and think you should post it here but if you would like send it to me privately.
Back to top Go down
Urban Avenger

Urban Avenger

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Taoist Sexuality Practice   Taoist Sexuality Practice Icon_minitime1Thu Jan 20, 2011 9:10 pm

this explains my chronic fatigue.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Taoist Sexuality Practice   Taoist Sexuality Practice Icon_minitime1Thu Jan 20, 2011 9:14 pm

Urban Avenger wrote:
this explains my chronic fatigue.

hahaha
Back to top Go down
ZERO

ZERO

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service
  • Non-RLSH

PostSubject: Re: Taoist Sexuality Practice   Taoist Sexuality Practice Icon_minitime1Thu Jan 20, 2011 9:44 pm

And the hairy palms.

But yeah, I've done some research into using higher chokras. Helps mostly with my creativity.
Back to top Go down
E0N (Inactive)

E0N (Inactive)

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Taoist Sexuality Practice   Taoist Sexuality Practice Icon_minitime1Thu Jan 20, 2011 9:49 pm

I need to get out of here and go do some of it, PsychicSeraphicLotusMetta... Razz

My window toward trying to really understand this kind of thing is through a personal connection with Korean and I see most of the Taoist stuff through that filter -- like I think 신선 more than I would think Xian or Hsien.

My basic understanding of how you do it roughly translates as "polishing your virtue," which is sort of funny in this context of not polishing... eh, yeah, NM.

It's making your 道 (Tao) better, which I also pretty much equate to gnosis, waging jihad, or whatever you want to call it... usually I think "fully integrating my life."

I think of it as integration, because it involves taking everything I do... everything I want to do, and trying to unify it in a meaningful way. Like this, teaching, transhumanism, performance... basically...

I don't have an actual list of things I do or don't do. As goofy as it might sound, I follow my whims and cravings... for example I eat exactly what I think my body is telling me it wants me to eat. They get really strange, but they so far have turned out to lead places and teach me things. Like "Do 100 hours of standup comedy" was a total whim and it's brought me here among other places -- and I only just hit 6 hours.

It's an interesting time for this discussion to come up. I was thinking for the last few days about how I've begun to stray from this path... pretty badly, too.

The existence I'm chasing is literally an immortal state, but it's also temporary. I hope to be immortal for about ten years, during which time my understanding is that I'll have superhuman powers, too... heh... but the nature of those powers, well, it's supposed to be like having "right place at the right time" powers or just happening to have the right thing with you, the right knowledge... to somehow be correctly matched to the requirements of your circumstances pretty much all the time.

This is kinda an effortless thing and the Xian, as I understand them, are sort of like crazy people whose insanity never turns out to be useless. One reason I believe in this form of existence as a possibility is because some years back, and under much different circumstances... for I guess around 3-4 years or so I almost experienced it. (While in the military, no less) I got up when I felt like it, did what I wanted to do all day, and just kinda felt my existence as an undeniable force and was pretty happy and all kinds of crazy stuff -- but it was temporary and... eh... in short form getting involved with the actual war stuff dramatically changed things.

But back then it was really like I could do absolutely anything. There were many things that scientifically you could argue I couldn't have done... like shoot laser beams out of my eyes or something... but I didn't want to do any of them. If I wanted to be somewhere I could just kinda.... eh... flow toward my destination almost as efficiently as if I was flying. One personal gauge, for instance, was that if I ever approached a street and had to pause for a car, even for a moment, then something was out of whack. This was living in Seoul... which is a huge mega-city, too.

Anyway, it sounds stupid, but for a long time all I can say about that is it worked.

I'm not sure what to tell you, so I just tried to tell you something. Smile If you think you can help, I'm interested in anything you have to say about it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Taoist Sexuality Practice   Taoist Sexuality Practice Icon_minitime1Thu Jan 20, 2011 10:03 pm

Like living life as a giant syncronicity, when powered to my highest I also didn't need to stop for cars, I met who I needed to meet etc. etc.

Life becomes effortless game.

Do you surf?

Forgive me in advance but why then are you fascinated with dangerous toys and technology?
Back to top Go down
E0N (Inactive)

E0N (Inactive)

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Taoist Sexuality Practice   Taoist Sexuality Practice Icon_minitime1Thu Jan 20, 2011 10:12 pm

You mean like why wear ballistic armor if you're immune to bullets? Sometimes you might only be immune to bullets because you happened to have ballistic armor on. I don't have anything but a non-answer for you there.

I don't surf... I think I see why you mention it, though. You?

What led you to ask about this subject, by the way -- I mean the whole thread's subject.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Taoist Sexuality Practice   Taoist Sexuality Practice Icon_minitime1Thu Jan 20, 2011 10:25 pm

If you can avoid cars certainly you can avoid bullets somehow, become in harmony with them.

I would love to start it's between a surfboard and more materials for my costume, but maybe I could become the silver surfer!

I ask because the thought will resonate in the minds of those who look at it and if they are interested in keep their body functioning at optimum levels they will slowly realize it's importance through self-inquiry.

For example it may be disregarded now on a scientific basis and "forgotten" but a part of the mind is aware of it now and this consciousness will spread.

I had another thing to say but I forgot it.

It's not about sexual guilt. Feeling sexually guilty is energetically worse for you. You can still have sex and orgasms also.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Taoist Sexuality Practice   Taoist Sexuality Practice Icon_minitime1Thu Jan 20, 2011 11:03 pm

For a scientific perspective, it takes a lot of energy to make semen. In fact semen is one of the more "energetic" things in your body (it has a lot of its own calories stored in the fluid in the form of sugar than say, the blood flowing through your veins.)

Is it wrong to just spray this stuff everywhere? Sure, on a social level...on a physiological level, not so much...

This is a controlled body function. Your body knows what it can let go of. Just as you cannot urinate to death, your not suffering physiologically from spilling a ton of semen.

Though it is like spilling a lot of good caloric sugars to the ground.

I now, as a point of reference, ask you to check out [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I in no way meant for this post to be offensive. I merely wished to demonstrate that males, throughout history, have showed ejaculation as a form of power, and also as a form of weakness.

And just to reference the OP, yes, most dominate Asian cultures showed semen as a form of dominate male power (or not to be spent willy-nilly...) check out the novel "Shogun" by James Clavell, he talks about this at one point at length.
Back to top Go down
E0N (Inactive)

E0N (Inactive)

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Taoist Sexuality Practice   Taoist Sexuality Practice Icon_minitime1Fri Jan 21, 2011 1:43 pm

Okay... post orgasm some chemical are released in a man's body that contribute to feeling sleepy. They include norepinephrine, serotonin, oxytocin, vasopressin, nitric oxide (NO), and the hormone prolactin. None of those have been scientifically proven to have any lasting weakening effect on people and I'm not advocating any particular activity here in terms of other people's health or "power."

I'm not sure exactly how to address what you said, PsychicSeraphicLotusMetta.

"If you can avoid cars certainly you can avoid bullets somehow, become in harmony with them."

-- there's nothing about avoiding cars involved. Actually if you have to avoid anything, then according to my personal point of view you're doing it wrong. Smile

I can't be in harmony with bullets. Bullets care about as much about my emotional state and enlightenment, I think, as I do about their's.

Back to top Go down
Artisteroi

Artisteroi

Category :
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support

PostSubject: Re: Taoist Sexuality Practice   Taoist Sexuality Practice Icon_minitime1Fri Jan 21, 2011 2:13 pm

Serendipity. Every thing just seems to work out and there is always a lesson learned. It sounds like both of you know more of the "history" and terminology of these sorts of things than I do. But that's what I always called it. Serendipity

Now having said that I will say that if you become too aware of the flow of the universe it will begin to slip away from you. Or that is how it was for me when I practiced metaphysics (including sex magick) ages ago. I found myself trying to make those cars avoid me, or change the streetlights to green or what ever. The more I thought about it the less it worked. You have to go along with the universe and give yourself over to it or it will pass you by. Think of that force as a river current. If you float with it and do as it says it will take you places, but if you try to control it.. The only thing that can control the flow of a river is a stone right? Control makes you sink.
Back to top Go down
Enviroman

Enviroman

PostSubject: Re: Taoist Sexuality Practice   Taoist Sexuality Practice Icon_minitime1Fri Jan 21, 2011 2:15 pm

I've heard this idea perpetuated for a while.

Identifying myself as a taoist as well, I feel the concept itself runs rather counter to the tao te ching.

For the most part, following the tao is following the natural way of things. Every living macro-organism on this planet has sex in some manner or another, either with itself or others of its species.

My general rule for living follows a few guidelines:
Experiences, not things.
Keep the positive, dump the negative.
Have lots of good friends, good food, and good sex.
Strive for contentment, not happiness.
Back to top Go down
Artisteroi

Artisteroi

Category :
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support

PostSubject: Re: Taoist Sexuality Practice   Taoist Sexuality Practice Icon_minitime1Fri Jan 21, 2011 2:24 pm

Well said Environman.
Back to top Go down
Flora V. Arbor

Flora V. Arbor

Category :
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Taoist Sexuality Practice   Taoist Sexuality Practice Icon_minitime1Fri Jan 21, 2011 7:39 pm

1. when have accomplished this all,

what is your plan?

...just to sit around loaded with semen and be happy?
Back to top Go down
Flora V. Arbor

Flora V. Arbor

Category :
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Taoist Sexuality Practice   Taoist Sexuality Practice Icon_minitime1Fri Jan 21, 2011 7:42 pm

2. your role-models are followers of men who thought that Earth is flat
and
that women are incapable and MUCH sexier with their feet
broken and wrapped tightly,
had no idea what germs were at all
and
could not read or write
and
passed this stuff down orally
until somene else could write it
Back to top Go down
Flora V. Arbor

Flora V. Arbor

Category :
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Taoist Sexuality Practice   Taoist Sexuality Practice Icon_minitime1Fri Jan 21, 2011 7:43 pm

3. this is from a fifth of the wolrd's population on
1/20th of the world's arable land.

Their ideas about hunger and weakness therefrom
are beyond EVERYTHING you have ever experienced and
are ever likely to
Back to top Go down

Taoist Sexuality Practice
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next