Real Life Superheroes - The Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Real Life Superheroes - The Forum

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

How Much Is Too Much?

Go down 
+6
Prof. Midnight
Jack Shadow
Equal
Trixus
Gauge
New Here
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage

How Much Is Too Much? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: How Much Is Too Much?   How Much Is Too Much? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sat Mar 05, 2011 12:21 pm

*insert bitching about only having 30 dollars to my name as a college student(not even yet)here*
Back to top Go down
Trixus

Trixus

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: How Much Is Too Much?   How Much Is Too Much? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sat Mar 05, 2011 12:42 pm

Just to clarify, when you are deciding to go with heat vs cold....

If it is within 48 hours of the workout and you feel like garbage, use cold to reduce swelling. Basically if you are working out more than once every 48 hours and it is a continuous problem you need to stick with ice, not heat.

Heat will cause more swelling and you could get fasciitis.

If it has been longer than 48 hours the swelling part will be mostly gone anyways so heat is cool then. Warm up before every work out with like 5-10 minutes of cardio and maybe add some time in the sauna. Reduces the chance of injury.

Stretch AFTER workouts. The science used to lead toward stretching before but stretching cold causes more injuries than it prevents. Before just do a very light warm up and that should be plenty.
Back to top Go down
Superhero

Superhero

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: How Much Is Too Much?   How Much Is Too Much? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sat Mar 05, 2011 6:01 pm

I used to notice that if I was stretching every day I'd get less flexible, & if I did it every other day I'd b get more flexible. You can over do it in karate just like weights.
Back to top Go down
New Here

New Here

Category :
  • Non-RLSH

PostSubject: Re: How Much Is Too Much?   How Much Is Too Much? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sat Mar 05, 2011 7:21 pm

Thanks for the advice guys. As always it's appreciated.
Back to top Go down
Flora V. Arbor

Flora V. Arbor

Category :
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: How Much Is Too Much?   How Much Is Too Much? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Fri Mar 11, 2011 1:40 am

New Here wrote:
Thanks for the advice guys. As always it's appreciated.

AHHH!H!!!!
Sorry that I'm late.
Girl!

This advice in here isn't bad but let's do something just for us ladies and just for you, good?

What, exactly, are you doing for exercise now and what, exactly, are you eating, please?
Back to top Go down
kapes13

kapes13

PostSubject: Re: How Much Is Too Much?   How Much Is Too Much? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Fri Mar 11, 2011 3:15 pm

Whitelion and Flora give good advice and please be mindful to get the best nutrition as Flora will give you for your real golden years because you will so be better off later! Smile
Back to top Go down
Flora V. Arbor

Flora V. Arbor

Category :
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: How Much Is Too Much?   How Much Is Too Much? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Fri Mar 11, 2011 11:09 pm

Thank you, again, Kapes!

Yes, and, YAY, for us - knowing more than people knew in the past about the basics!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How Much Is Too Much?   How Much Is Too Much? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

How Much Is Too Much?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Real Life Superheroes - The Forum :: General Information :: Training & Preparation-
Jump to: