Real Life Superheroes - The Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Real Life Superheroes - The Forum

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Introducing the Bathroom workout.

Go down 
+2
E0N (Inactive)
Bridges
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Bridges

Bridges

Category :
  • Public Service

Introducing the Bathroom workout. Empty
PostSubject: Introducing the Bathroom workout.   Introducing the Bathroom workout. Icon_minitime1Sun Mar 20, 2011 1:14 pm

I'm looking for suggestions on how to improve my workout regimen. Right now it consists of alternating days of upper and lower body workout mostly geared at strength and balance. I'm planning on getting back into running/parkour to fix up the gaping hole in my cardiac fitness, but here's what I've been up to so far.

Upper Day
-Push ups
-feet on the ledge of the bath tub (3 sets of Cool
-feet on the ground, wide grip (3 sets of 15)
-feet on ground, gripping edge of bath tub (3 sets of 15)
-Dips using outer edge of bathtub (3 sets of 15)

Lower Day
-Squats (3 sets of a lot)
-Calf raisers on edge of bathtub (3 sets of a lot)
-Lunges (3 sets of a lot)

Abs (done daily after the other stuff)
-crunches (3 sets of 40)
-V-sit (3 X 20 secs)
-V-sit, only crunching/rowing? (3 sets of 20)
-V-sit, twisting and touching the ground on either side to work obliques (3 sets of 20)
-Holding a plank (3 X 40 secs)

Any suggestions for additions/subtractions/modifications?
Back to top Go down
E0N (Inactive)

E0N (Inactive)

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Introducing the Bathroom workout.   Introducing the Bathroom workout. Icon_minitime1Sun Mar 20, 2011 9:31 pm

I guess the obvious question is why not just do it outside? Not a bad muscle workout, though. You might want to throw in some kind of running, but not in the bathroom.
Back to top Go down
Flora V. Arbor

Flora V. Arbor

Category :
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Introducing the Bathroom workout.   Introducing the Bathroom workout. Icon_minitime1Sun Mar 20, 2011 9:52 pm

I like this workout!!!

One warning:
do not curl your spine by bringing yoru chin forward on the V-ups
and other abs things

and
add a plyometric componant to your squats.

"A"+ otherwise!
Nice work!
Back to top Go down
Bridges

Bridges

Category :
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Introducing the Bathroom workout.   Introducing the Bathroom workout. Icon_minitime1Mon Mar 21, 2011 1:22 am

@Eon: Good point. Still used to Wisconsin and snow and suck. I'll do PK outside in a heartbeat, but doing stationary stuff outside weirds me out a little.

@Flora: Thanks for the tips. On the squats I've been doing slow controlled movement down and then exploding up. Good enough?
Back to top Go down
Flora V. Arbor

Flora V. Arbor

Category :
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Introducing the Bathroom workout.   Introducing the Bathroom workout. Icon_minitime1Mon Mar 21, 2011 2:11 am

do you get airborne?

a good goal is to get airborn about 8 times and then, squeeze up straight and go
without jumping for about three whole minutes and then jump again for a while,
repeat 3-4 times

line up the knees and feet exactly
and

if you can do it bare footed with your toes wide...better
Back to top Go down
Bridges

Bridges

Category :
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Introducing the Bathroom workout.   Introducing the Bathroom workout. Icon_minitime1Mon Mar 21, 2011 2:33 am

Damn. Now I have to go outside.
Back to top Go down
Flora V. Arbor

Flora V. Arbor

Category :
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Introducing the Bathroom workout.   Introducing the Bathroom workout. Icon_minitime1Mon Mar 21, 2011 12:04 pm

naw you just need to line your self up with the appliances
Back to top Go down
Ako

Ako

PostSubject: Re: Introducing the Bathroom workout.   Introducing the Bathroom workout. Icon_minitime1Sat Mar 26, 2011 5:03 pm

Flora V. Arbor wrote:
do you get airborne?

a good goal is to get airborn about 8 times and then, squeeze up straight and go
without jumping for about three whole minutes and then jump again for a while,
repeat 3-4 times

line up the knees and feet exactly
and

if you can do it bare footed with your toes wide...better

what i was gonna say..

jump squats take it to the next level for sure..
Back to top Go down
Flora V. Arbor

Flora V. Arbor

Category :
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Introducing the Bathroom workout.   Introducing the Bathroom workout. Icon_minitime1Sat Mar 26, 2011 9:22 pm

Ako,

..great minds...

Wink
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Introducing the Bathroom workout.   Introducing the Bathroom workout. Icon_minitime1Sat Mar 26, 2011 9:52 pm

here is a good set up that will do wonders for you.the bedroom work out
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
kapes13

kapes13

PostSubject: Re: Introducing the Bathroom workout.   Introducing the Bathroom workout. Icon_minitime1Tue Mar 29, 2011 8:50 am

So that's it! Smile
Back to top Go down
Blue Alpha

Blue Alpha

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Introducing the Bathroom workout.   Introducing the Bathroom workout. Icon_minitime1Tue Mar 29, 2011 11:01 am

I posted this elsewhere, but I'll put it here in case you missed it. It fits the whole "no gym, no fancy equipment" motiff.

Here's how I workout. Its for conditioning, not bulk or cosmetics. Take two decks of cards, shuffled together. Make a list of all the excercises you can find (scour the internet, magazines, etc) that you can do with what you have. Bodyweight is obvious, and if you have dumbells, bands, whatever, look into that. Don't feel obligated to buy anything. After you make this list, cut it up so you have little pieces of paper, each with an excercise on it. When you workout, pull a random excercise outta a bag and assign it to a suit. "OK, push-ups (wide stance) for spades, lunges with dumbells for clubs, reverse crunches for hearts, and deadlifts for diamonds." Then you go through the deck without stopping, doing the excercises and using the cards face values for the reps (I do ten on face cards, but hold the last rep for 5 seconds, and aces are one explosive rep) until you are done.

So you it would look like this: "7 hearts: 7 reverse crunches (do them), 3 spades: 3 push-ups....etc. Don't stop until you're done! Consider shuffling in 2 jokers for 30 second water breaks if you need to.

It prevents boredom and improves conditioning. If you don't want to be random assign certain excercises to certain days, or split up your list into seperate 'upper body'-'lower body' bags. And if you do the random thing, be smart. If on Monday you happen to pick 3 leg exercises, and on Tuesday your quads are burning and your calves feel ready to come off, and you pull out 'jump squats,' put it back. Try again until you get chin-ups or something
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Introducing the Bathroom workout.   Introducing the Bathroom workout. Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Introducing the Bathroom workout.
Page 1 of 1