Real Life Superheroes - The Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Real Life Superheroes - The Forum

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Heart Rate Monitor

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Gadgetastic!

Category :
  • Hero Support
  • Non-RLSH

Heart Rate Monitor Empty
PostSubject: Heart Rate Monitor   Heart Rate Monitor Icon_minitime1Thu May 05, 2011 1:21 am

I'm looking for a continuous heart rate monitor with a beep or similar audio output. Ideally I'd like something that can be hooked up to my PC to show a visual "pulse" as well, but that's not essential. Anyone have recommendations or links? Thanks.
Back to top Go down
Red Dragon

Red Dragon

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

Heart Rate Monitor Empty
PostSubject: Re: Heart Rate Monitor   Heart Rate Monitor Icon_minitime1Thu May 05, 2011 1:37 am

1.) You can actually make one.
2.) Why do you need an EKG?
Back to top Go down
Gadgetastic!

Category :
  • Hero Support
  • Non-RLSH

Heart Rate Monitor Empty
PostSubject: Re: Heart Rate Monitor   Heart Rate Monitor Icon_minitime1Thu May 05, 2011 1:43 am

I'd appreciate any diagrams you can provide.

I'm studying biofeedback-based meditation as a method for controlling body functions. Heart rate is one of the best researched and written about so it seemed like a good place to start.
Back to top Go down
Red Dragon

Red Dragon

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

Heart Rate Monitor Empty
PostSubject: Re: Heart Rate Monitor   Heart Rate Monitor Icon_minitime1Thu May 05, 2011 1:48 am

You'd have to search on Youtube.

Just some FYI, if you're actually trying to get a reading. You'll need 3 leads. Also, I recommend reading up (or taking a class) on telemetry.

You can somewhat control your heart rate, but it can cause you to throw PVCs during that time period. I don't really recommend it.
Back to top Go down

Heart Rate Monitor Empty
PostSubject: Re: Heart Rate Monitor   Heart Rate Monitor Icon_minitime1Thu May 05, 2011 2:27 am

if you just want a pulse rate, you can buy a wrist watch version.

i dont think you will need a full on EKG reading. i'm doing that in school now, and its fucking hard.
Back to top Go down
Zimmer

Zimmer

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support

Heart Rate Monitor Empty
PostSubject: Re: Heart Rate Monitor   Heart Rate Monitor Icon_minitime1Thu May 05, 2011 11:26 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Justice258

Justice258

Heart Rate Monitor Empty
PostSubject: Re: Heart Rate Monitor   Heart Rate Monitor Icon_minitime1Fri May 06, 2011 8:21 pm

I run everyday on a treadmill at my local gym. It has a heart rate monitor on it. I found that I can control my heart rate based on what I am thinking about. If I think about something stressful like bills or anything that is bothering me, I can raise my heart rate 20 BPM. If I think of something soothing, I can lower it 10 BPM. My normal heart rate while running at 6 MPH is 160ish.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Heart Rate Monitor Empty
PostSubject: Re: Heart Rate Monitor   Heart Rate Monitor Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Heart Rate Monitor
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Real Life Superheroes - The Forum :: General Information :: Training & Preparation-
Jump to: