Real Life Superheroes - The Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Real Life Superheroes - The Forum

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Spotting lies

Go down 
+9
JohnDoe
The Anomaly
Equal
Polarman
Urban Avenger
Gauge
Gadgetastic!
Lunar Veil
E0N (Inactive)
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
MaskedHero

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service
  • Non-RLSH

Spotting lies - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spotting lies   Spotting lies - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Wed Feb 29, 2012 10:40 pm

John Does assessment is the Best. All of this 'I can spot someone lying by just looking at how They type or facial expression' is part real part pseudo-science. If Your not trained how to practice these techniques, Your attempts will be futile. That's why these so-called 'lie detection' techniques are not submissible in Court. And on top of all this You could really start a BIG Mess with friends and other People if You atempt these techniques on then, and your attempts are wrong. ALOT of anger and false accusations could ensue.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Spotting lies   Spotting lies - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Wed Feb 29, 2012 11:56 pm

Which is why they shouldn't be used with 100% asssurance; it's just to get an idea of what they may be thinking. What I do is I loo between the eyes and my perphiral vision picks up their movements and i tap my fingers on my legs to get a rythm, so I could gain a little of what they may be thinking quicker. There's varius techniques and even fior trained professioanal it wouldn't be advised they take everything they perceive as 100% fact. Anyway, just my two cents o the whole eye movment lie detection system, a little on one technique available for it. Hope this helps! Smile

Back to top Go down
E0N (Inactive)

E0N (Inactive)

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Spotting lies   Spotting lies - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Thu Mar 01, 2012 11:39 am

The basic idea, setting aside law enforcement interrogations and stuff where you're free to provoke responses and then evaluate them is to observe a subject for *clusters* of stereotypical indicators of deception.

Without the provocation part it's entirely passive and won't get you into trouble. Yes, it's not foolproof -- it's about as reliable as your own judgement. Your judgement, though, can get better through practice.

Women also don't have the magic ability to detect lies. As far as that goes, any lying, manipulation, rapport building, interviewing, etc etc is usually easier when dealing with the opposite sex and harder when dealing with the same sex.

Usually.
Back to top Go down
E0N (Inactive)

E0N (Inactive)

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Spotting lies   Spotting lies - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Thu Mar 01, 2012 11:46 am

Also if you're really interested in this subject, take a look at this -- [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Most of that page consists of basically a compilation of notes I took on lying over the years.

Also I guess consider it another commercial for the Oracle Project.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Spotting lies   Spotting lies - Page 2 Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Spotting lies
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2