Real Life Superheroes - The Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Real Life Superheroes - The Forum

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Commando Krav Maga

Go down 
+4
Urban Avenger
Zimmer
Psyphon
Sinj Drago
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Sinj Drago

Sinj Drago

Commando Krav Maga Empty
PostSubject: Commando Krav Maga   Commando Krav Maga Icon_minitime1Fri Jul 08, 2011 6:20 pm

Can I have you guys and girls opinions on this form of martial arts?
Commando Krav Maga
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down

Commando Krav Maga Empty
PostSubject: Re: Commando Krav Maga   Commando Krav Maga Icon_minitime1Fri Jul 08, 2011 11:28 pm

i have taken this form of seminar, and find effective enough.
Back to top Go down
Psyphon

Psyphon

Category :
  • Non-RLSH

Commando Krav Maga Empty
PostSubject: Re: Commando Krav Maga   Commando Krav Maga Icon_minitime1Sun Sep 04, 2011 1:12 am

Krav is VERY effective VERY fast. It's stripped down all unnecessary movement and simplified things to the point that against any common civilian you can get maximum results from minimal effort. Unfortunately it doesn't really prepare you for battle against an equally trained opponent. The techniques are rudimentary. Very effective for and against the mass populous though. Great base style. Hell ... great all round style. I'd recommend supplementing it with some hapkido or jujitsu though (preferably both).
Back to top Go down
Zimmer

Zimmer

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support

Commando Krav Maga Empty
PostSubject: Re: Commando Krav Maga   Commando Krav Maga Icon_minitime1Sun Sep 04, 2011 2:01 pm

Depends on the instructor. I've heard nothing but great things about Krav and experienced nothing but terrible, terrible terrible when actually taking it. Get a good school, very important.
Back to top Go down
Psyphon

Psyphon

Category :
  • Non-RLSH

Commando Krav Maga Empty
PostSubject: Re: Commando Krav Maga   Commando Krav Maga Icon_minitime1Sun Sep 04, 2011 2:06 pm

Valid point Zimmer. I made my previous statement under the assumption that you had done your research and found a good school/teacher.
Back to top Go down
Zimmer

Zimmer

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support

Commando Krav Maga Empty
PostSubject: Re: Commando Krav Maga   Commando Krav Maga Icon_minitime1Sun Sep 04, 2011 2:12 pm

If you find a good school and good teacher, then the style really doesn't matter, as long as it's a good fit for you. Basic is basic; fitness, striking, vital targets, endurance, strength, agility, reflexes, pain tolerance, etc.
Back to top Go down
Urban Avenger

Urban Avenger

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

Commando Krav Maga Empty
PostSubject: Re: Commando Krav Maga   Commando Krav Maga Icon_minitime1Sun Sep 04, 2011 2:36 pm

Krav was designed for civilians to take on superior opponents like soldiers, well worth any average joe to take up.
Back to top Go down
Blue Alpha

Blue Alpha

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

Commando Krav Maga Empty
PostSubject: Re: Commando Krav Maga   Commando Krav Maga Icon_minitime1Sun Sep 04, 2011 2:38 pm

While I don't have enough training to be a master, Krav has been a good fit for me.
Back to top Go down

Commando Krav Maga Empty
PostSubject: Re: Commando Krav Maga   Commando Krav Maga Icon_minitime1Mon Sep 05, 2011 2:57 am

important point

i took the CKM course, after i took regular krav maga.

you need to know they are not the same. the international krav maga federation disagrees with the ciriculum of the CKM. vice versa. its like the differences between church denominations, etc.

splitting hairs, IMO. take what works, discard what doesn't.

and yes, it does depend on the isntructor. but it also depends on the student...

i go when i feel like it. my sparring partner goes AS OFTEN as they will allow, even if he is feeling like crap. he's a masochist like that. and i guarentee he would do a lot of damage to me, even though i have pounds + on him.
Back to top Go down
Urban Avenger

Urban Avenger

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

Commando Krav Maga Empty
PostSubject: Re: Commando Krav Maga   Commando Krav Maga Icon_minitime1Mon Sep 05, 2011 3:26 am

Why do they disagree knight owl?
Back to top Go down

Commando Krav Maga Empty
PostSubject: Re: Commando Krav Maga   Commando Krav Maga Icon_minitime1Mon Sep 05, 2011 3:11 pm

its background stuff.

mostly about the founders' military record, etc. (Moni Aizik served in the Israeli military)

sylistically, i find standard Krav is more punishing on the attacker. CKM is "softer" as Moni is a champion at judo. so it involves more redirection and jointlocks, IMHO.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Vursman

Vursman

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

Commando Krav Maga Empty
PostSubject: Re: Commando Krav Maga   Commando Krav Maga Icon_minitime1Thu Sep 15, 2011 9:11 pm

the krav maga is perfect or jeed kune do =
Back to top Go down
Urban Avenger

Urban Avenger

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

Commando Krav Maga Empty
PostSubject: Re: Commando Krav Maga   Commando Krav Maga Icon_minitime1Thu Sep 15, 2011 10:41 pm

Jeet kun do is a relative philosphy. Its only as effective as you make it.
Back to top Go down

Commando Krav Maga Empty
PostSubject: Re: Commando Krav Maga   Commando Krav Maga Icon_minitime1Thu Sep 15, 2011 11:31 pm

I prefer combat art to philosophy when my life is on the line, but that's just me.
Back to top Go down
Urban Avenger

Urban Avenger

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

Commando Krav Maga Empty
PostSubject: Re: Commando Krav Maga   Commando Krav Maga Icon_minitime1Thu Sep 15, 2011 11:36 pm

Nemesis do you know what JKD is?
Back to top Go down

Commando Krav Maga Empty
PostSubject: Re: Commando Krav Maga   Commando Krav Maga Icon_minitime1Fri Sep 16, 2011 1:25 am

Yeah, I'm familiar. You bring it up whenever possible. I wonder what arts you have indeed studied to fulfill such a philosophy.

JKD. Easy to claim. Difficult to achieve.
Back to top Go down
Crossfire the Crusader

Crossfire the Crusader

Category :
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support

Commando Krav Maga Empty
PostSubject: Re: Commando Krav Maga   Commando Krav Maga Icon_minitime1Fri Sep 16, 2011 2:03 am

You seem to have issues with people who dont have proof of their legitimacy dont you BLACK POT?
Back to top Go down
Urban Avenger

Urban Avenger

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

Commando Krav Maga Empty
PostSubject: Re: Commando Krav Maga   Commando Krav Maga Icon_minitime1Fri Sep 16, 2011 5:33 am

Chinese kenpo, boxing, aikido, juijitsu...

Eh whatever, I don't have to prove anything to some words on a screen. I'm regretting advocatting your last unbanning, douche.

I just got back from a long ass patrol, and donated martial arts training with my team of superheroes.

You should get out of moms basement every now and then...
Back to top Go down
Gauge

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Non-RLSH

Commando Krav Maga Empty
PostSubject: Re: Commando Krav Maga   Commando Krav Maga Icon_minitime1Fri Sep 16, 2011 10:51 am

Nemesis wrote:
Yeah, I'm familiar. You bring it up whenever possible. I wonder what arts you have indeed studied to fulfill such a philosophy.

JKD. Easy to claim. Difficult to achieve.

Again you ask for background without providing any of your own. What's tour training Nemesis? In another thread you state directly that most of your training was bullshit. Is that what you stand by, and is it that bullshit training that gives your opinion any validity?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Commando Krav Maga Empty
PostSubject: Re: Commando Krav Maga   Commando Krav Maga Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Commando Krav Maga
Page 1 of 1