Real Life Superheroes - The Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Real Life Superheroes - The Forum

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

This is a knife attack. NSFW and bloody.

Go down 
+15
Urban Avenger
Hazmat
Polarman
Zenith
Proteus
Ohm
Jack Shadow
Teiden
Sleepless
Silver Sentinel
Captain Illumination
Gauge
E0N (Inactive)
Equal
Midnite Detective
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Equal

Equal

This is a knife attack. NSFW and bloody. - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: This is a knife attack. NSFW and bloody.   This is a knife attack. NSFW and bloody. - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Wed Aug 10, 2011 2:46 am

Watching this guy work, a warning shot could as well be a warning pat on the back. Wonder how many stabs he could accomplish between the warning shot and the point where you realized that this guy is still stabbing this woman.
Back to top Go down
Gauge

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Non-RLSH

PostSubject: Re: This is a knife attack. NSFW and bloody.   This is a knife attack. NSFW and bloody. - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Wed Aug 10, 2011 9:23 am

I echo what Dogman said. Also, if I told you the rounds I fire only kill 10% of people when hit in the head, would you volunteer to be my target? A shot in the air, no matter the mathematical risk, is still irresponsible, iMHO, and wastes time in this scenario.

Last edited by Gauge on Wed Aug 10, 2011 10:13 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: This is a knife attack. NSFW and bloody.   This is a knife attack. NSFW and bloody. - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Wed Aug 10, 2011 10:03 am

End of the day, no I don't swerve in traffic, and no I'm not going to recklessly abandon gun safety for an ineffective tactic. Calculations (which are coming outta nowhere by the way, and you have no idea are accurate) are meaningless when this happens all the time. You think the perpetrators of the many incidences, injuries, and deaths of falling bullets thought they were hurting someone? Or do you think that, like you, they assumed the chance was incredibly minute...

Back to top Go down
Gauge

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Non-RLSH

PostSubject: Re: This is a knife attack. NSFW and bloody.   This is a knife attack. NSFW and bloody. - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Wed Aug 10, 2011 10:14 am

And as stated before, there were bystanders present in this situation. A shot in the air will be significantly more likely to hit a person when they are present. Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: This is a knife attack. NSFW and bloody.   This is a knife attack. NSFW and bloody. - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Wed Aug 10, 2011 11:59 am

Even if you don't hit anything, you wouldn't want to be the second arrest on the scene, which certainly could happen for firing a gun into the air.
Back to top Go down
Gauge

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Non-RLSH

PostSubject: Re: This is a knife attack. NSFW and bloody.   This is a knife attack. NSFW and bloody. - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Wed Aug 10, 2011 12:05 pm

Discharging a weapon in a public place can be either a violation or a crime. If you do it to fire a warning shot, I would be very surprised if you were not detained.
Back to top Go down
Gauge

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Non-RLSH

PostSubject: Re: This is a knife attack. NSFW and bloody.   This is a knife attack. NSFW and bloody. - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Wed Aug 10, 2011 12:12 pm

Just type in " firing warning shots " and you will find plenty of stories about people charged with felonies for doing just that. The firing if a warning shot is indifferent to the public safety and a reckless action in general. If you fire your weapon, you must have a clear target and the intention to actually hit it. Know the path of your bullet.
Back to top Go down
Captain Illumination

Captain Illumination

PostSubject: Re: This is a knife attack. NSFW and bloody.   This is a knife attack. NSFW and bloody. - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Wed Aug 10, 2011 12:15 pm

All right guys, lesson learned Embarassed , if I see a man stabbing someone on the street I'll just shoot them and be done with it tongue !

I could go all day making counter points but I understand when my logic has been defeated, all I had left was using a blank for the first shot, which is utterly stupid for a self defense firearm No , and that if I fired a warning shot which saved her, how would I not be let off the line but if I committed Homicide it would be totally fine Rolling Eyes ? Even if in both cases I ended up saving her "theoretically".

At the end of this conversation you have to realize I was not there so no mater what I chose to do, it won't mater, but now if I ever come upon such a situation I'll fallow what all of you have said Wink .
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: This is a knife attack. NSFW and bloody.   This is a knife attack. NSFW and bloody. - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Wed Aug 10, 2011 3:28 pm

Hit the guy with that thing you're holding. You look like you'd do fine Smile
Back to top Go down
Sleepless

Category :
  • Crime Fighter

PostSubject: Re: This is a knife attack. NSFW and bloody.   This is a knife attack. NSFW and bloody. - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Wed Aug 10, 2011 3:36 pm

Gauge wrote:
How many people here have been the victim of a knife attack, had a gun pointed at them, or have been otherwise accosted? What were the circumstances and how did you react?

I've been stabbed 4 times, two of which were my brother during unstable periods in his life, it's why I took knife fighting so I could learn to defend myself from knives. 1 of which was from an ex-girlfriend, the knife only went in an inch and a quarter but it went into my pevic area missing my important bits. The last wasn't a knife, but I had a piece of plastic put through my lower lip and shallow into the roof of my mouth, shallow because I started to move when it got near my face.
Back to top Go down
Jack Shadow

Jack Shadow

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support
  • Non-RLSH

PostSubject: Re: This is a knife attack. NSFW and bloody.   This is a knife attack. NSFW and bloody. - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Wed Aug 10, 2011 3:38 pm

Scars are the stories of our life, written on our skin.
Back to top Go down
Polarman

Polarman

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: This is a knife attack. NSFW and bloody.   This is a knife attack. NSFW and bloody. - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Wed Aug 10, 2011 4:25 pm

Lets see Guy with gun shooting while standing on top of hill over looking school playground I helped eveac the area while I had no idea that he was shooting into the air I could see his scope from where I was Im still quite sure that he had me and kids lined up in his sights

Guy with knife threatened to slice kid by throat idiot manuver managed to get my hand between the blade of the knife and the kids throat from behind them He slid the knife out of my hand and slashed my glove and part of my palm

Had knife pointed at me by suspected dope dealer trying to block me from going to the playground because his buddies were there I warned the group of daycare kids about them and called the police on him They caught his friends trying to smash the climbing strutures and pulling the chains on the swings apart

Large pittbull pulled aprt my favorite and most expencive steel toe cowboy boots while my foot was in its mouth She got destroyed after bitting off another boy's genitals My boots were now a pair of cowboy beach sandles I kept for another year until my mother made me get rid of them

Skidoo speeding not only on wrong side of road but also on the sidewalk hits me ouotside daycare and throws me and a small child into a crosswalk sign I hit the sign with my back child hits my chest We both check out ok I chase after skidoo on foot while daycare phones the cops

I wake up at 1 am to heavy banging on my door I open it to find my neighbours boyfriend trying to smash her door down He threatens to kill me if I ever interfear again however I go to close the door he blocks with his hand so I slam it on him then phone the cops while he is now pounding on my door I hear screaming and jump on guys back while he has his hands around my neighbour's throat He shakes me off I kick him in the back of the jewles forcing him to go down then I litrally pick him up and throw him off the porch just as the cops show up
Back to top Go down
Polarman

Polarman

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: This is a knife attack. NSFW and bloody.   This is a knife attack. NSFW and bloody. - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Wed Aug 10, 2011 4:27 pm

Stories are not always written in our skin but also in our memories
Back to top Go down
Captain Illumination

Captain Illumination

PostSubject: Re: This is a knife attack. NSFW and bloody.   This is a knife attack. NSFW and bloody. - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Wed Aug 10, 2011 4:42 pm

Polarman wrote:
Stories are not always written in our skin but also in our memories
+1
Back to top Go down
E0N (Inactive)

E0N (Inactive)

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: This is a knife attack. NSFW and bloody.   This is a knife attack. NSFW and bloody. - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Wed Aug 10, 2011 6:48 pm

Midnite Detective wrote:
Whatever works is the proper approach.
Also whatever works fast, which is why I say whatever it is you think of to do, I suggest you just do it.

Warning people involves verbal warnings and showing that you have a firearm... it doesn't involve shooting. Smile
Back to top Go down
Gauge

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Non-RLSH

PostSubject: Re: This is a knife attack. NSFW and bloody.   This is a knife attack. NSFW and bloody. - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Wed Aug 10, 2011 7:29 pm

Good point
Back to top Go down
Hazmat

Hazmat

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: This is a knife attack. NSFW and bloody.   This is a knife attack. NSFW and bloody. - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Wed Aug 10, 2011 10:59 pm

I really do not see any fault in the civilians here. They are obviously untrained and have no idea how to deal with this situation. They are rightfully afraid of being seriously injured or killed and it is a legitimate concern. So they try to deliver some kicks. Just their approach and delivery makes it painfully clear that they don’t know how to execute even a simple snap or roundhouse. How many here could change that attackers whole day if you had such a clear shot at this guy while he is on his knees, both hands busy and his attention focused elsewhere? Not only that but remember that they are experiencing some very real difficulty processing the violence and trauma that their eyes are seeing. I actually feel good that a few of them (with no training or weapons of their own) had the guts to get involved. They are hopelessly out of their element and any hardened trooper would chew them all up in just a few seconds. But they didn’t just avoid the problem. They didn’t just stand and gawk. They stepped up and tried to help in their own way. Frankly, it gives me a bit of hope.

As for dealing with a knife being used against you, (even by some armature like the man in this video, that has no idea how to use the weapon) well, just accept that you are almost certainly going to get cut or stabbed. Wrap your head around this and accept the situation and do not let it be a shock to you. If you panic you will only remove options from your arsenal. Keep your wits and don’t let it demoralize you. I know asking someone to not be demoralized buy a stabbing sounds crazy, but you are fighting for your life. You must keep every advantage you can. So make sure you win and they lose. If you do receive injury, make it cost the assailant the fight. If you are cut this means the attacker must commit the blade to action. You know where the knife is if its in you. You also know exactly where the hand gripping it is and where the oh so breakable elbow joint must be located.

Remember, even when things look pretty bleak, with todays medical advancements, as long as an ambulance can get to you while you are still alive, (and I mean just breathing not necessarily even conscious) your odds of survival are in the high nineties percent wise.
Back to top Go down
Captain Illumination

Captain Illumination

PostSubject: Re: This is a knife attack. NSFW and bloody.   This is a knife attack. NSFW and bloody. - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Wed Aug 10, 2011 11:38 pm

E0N wrote:
Midnite Detective wrote:
Whatever works is the proper approach.
Also whatever works fast, which is why I say whatever it is you think of to do, I suggest you just do it.

Warning people involves verbal warnings and showing that you have a firearm... it doesn't involve shooting. Smile

Your right the last thing you want to do is waste time, in my original "warning plan" I figured there was only two ways to go about doing this. One: draw your weapon yelling: "I've got a gun! put the knife DOWN! "what the police would probably do" I would never do this, she could easily have been stabbed many more times in this short amount of time, "any one of those being the final life ending blow". If I was to give a "warning". It would involve no talking or yelling, just draw the weapon fire, re-aim and fire at him, if he didn't stop the moment the first shot went off, the second would be at him. Such an approach could be accomplished in as fast as you can say BANG!.....BANG! Though even this tactic leaves her open to one or two more blows. Worst yet, feeling that his time is already up, he might stop "toying" with her and just stab her in the head to finish the job, then it truly would be my fault for her death Sad .
Back to top Go down
Urban Avenger

Urban Avenger

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: This is a knife attack. NSFW and bloody.   This is a knife attack. NSFW and bloody. - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Thu Aug 11, 2011 12:33 am

finally saw the video.

where are the police and why didn't they shoot that fucker on site? what the hell was wrong with that guy? he looked like he was enjoying it.
Back to top Go down
Hazmat

Hazmat

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: This is a knife attack. NSFW and bloody.   This is a knife attack. NSFW and bloody. - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Thu Aug 11, 2011 2:56 am

Captain Illumination said - "then it truly would be my fault for her death"

No sir!

Never let yourself be drawn into blame for such a thing. If a bad guy does a bad guy thing it is HIS to own. We pilot our own ship and answer for our own wrongs.

If he stabs her in the head, HE stabs her. That is all there is to it.
Back to top Go down
Gauge

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Non-RLSH

PostSubject: Re: This is a knife attack. NSFW and bloody.   This is a knife attack. NSFW and bloody. - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Thu Aug 11, 2011 9:30 am

Gotta agree with Bronson on this. Not your fault if the woman dies.
Back to top Go down
E0N (Inactive)

E0N (Inactive)

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: This is a knife attack. NSFW and bloody.   This is a knife attack. NSFW and bloody. - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Thu Aug 11, 2011 6:10 pm

Bronson, I don't think any of us "blame" those guys.
Back to top Go down
Captain Illumination

Captain Illumination

PostSubject: Re: This is a knife attack. NSFW and bloody.   This is a knife attack. NSFW and bloody. - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Thu Aug 11, 2011 10:35 pm

Gauge wrote:

You may say that, but it's the kind of thing that would haunt you for the rest of your life, not something anyone wants resting on their consciousness No .
Back to top Go down
Hazmat

Hazmat

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: This is a knife attack. NSFW and bloody.   This is a knife attack. NSFW and bloody. - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Thu Aug 11, 2011 10:39 pm

Captain Illumination wrote:
Gauge wrote:

You may say that, but it's the kind of thing that would haunt you for the rest of your life, not something anyone wants resting on their consciousness No .

Agreed sir. But we all have our flaws without taking on the evils of another. Own what is yours and you will have woe enough to last a lifetime. LOL
Back to top Go down
Captain Illumination

Captain Illumination

PostSubject: Re: This is a knife attack. NSFW and bloody.   This is a knife attack. NSFW and bloody. - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Thu Aug 11, 2011 10:56 pm

Bronson wrote:
Own what is yours and you will have woe enough to last a lifetime. LOL

True enough Surprised !
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: This is a knife attack. NSFW and bloody.   This is a knife attack. NSFW and bloody. - Page 3 Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

This is a knife attack. NSFW and bloody.
Page 3 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Real Life Superheroes - The Forum :: General Information :: Training & Preparation-
Jump to: